What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sleestack Dry Sift cleaned by Skunkman Sam

H

HaHaHashish

I re-read your post and now get your drift. Obviously, the clone Sam uses is the best out of thousands and thousands he selected, it must be potent, have a great high, have dense concentrations of resin and releases it freely, but you can only work with what you have and note that when you spend time cleaning your sift to a higher purity, the improvement in the quality of the high and the impact it gives you increases noticeably each time more contaminant is separated from the resin raising the purity.

There's nothing better than smoking really pure dry sift but the downside to making and smoking very pure dry sift is that you burn through a shit load of starting material really quickly because an ounce of untrimmed bud will get sifted down to e.g. a small handful of rough sift then that will be turned into a half spoonful of 90%+ resin heads which is usually gone in a day or two, so unless you have access to lots of quality trim and bud at low to zero cost, making and smoking pure dry sifted heads can be really expensive.

Last edited:

mack 10

Veteran
I hear pounds in Oregon for 700.
In a few years the bud will be cheap enough to
Turn to 99% drysift. I can't wait, personnly.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heard down to 4 in Washington. Poor assholes are sitting on it expecting Jesus to raise prices.

H

HaHaHashish

I hear pounds in Oregon for 700.
In a few years the bud will be cheap enough to
Turn to 99% drysift. I can't wait, personnly.

bagged bud is not the ideal starting material as it's more than likely been machine manicured which bashes, mangles and smears the resin, mauled during drying and packing then what little resin is left on the exterior of the bud is lost to the inside of a plastic bag before you buy it! lol

S

sourpuss

Nice to see the ratios of clear to cloudy. Also nice to see the over ripe heads being removed. All about the clear cloudy. Shit looks next level. Level most never get to try.

H

HaHaHashish

Heard down to 4 in Washington. Poor assholes are sitting on it expecting Jesus to raise prices.

It's going to be tough for small farmers to survive, I'd suggest growing with emphasis on producing the absolute best bud with the most sought after high...then buyers will line up to buy all you have at top prices. They should try to grow plants that take for example 18 weeks to finish flowering that have trippy highs or grow difficult, small yielding strains with super strong highs, it's all about finding a niche and working it...or they could specialize in one type of concentrate or hash, perhaps a cultivar with medical benefits etc etc. The one thing they won't be able to do is compete with the big corporations who will pump out tons of crappy commercial weed and of course, as supply increases, prices will drop even further.

Easy7

Veteran
Jorge said $8 pounds in colombia. Just wait for fed legalization.

$700 pounds and $400 pounds sound hardly worth growing. I couldn't find it worth the risk!

H

HaHaHashish

$700 pounds and $400 pounds sound hardly worth growing. I couldn't find it worth the risk!

Lol, in a few years time you will look back those prices fondly as the good old days as you are offered $150 per kilo for organic, hand manicured, long cured AAA grade bud.

Just wait until specialized mechanization of cannabis cultivation takes over..one thing is for sure is that commercial indoor growing will largely disappear and kilos of bud grown by a multi-national company will be made into cigarettes and 98% of smokers will smoke that corporate crap.
but all is not lost, the big corporations will try to grab the bulk of the market while "Mom and Pop" growers should specialize in niche products like a Thai that takes 20 weeks to finish in a greenhouse or produce very pure dry sift or grow a special medical cannabis cultivar or produce seeds or sell clones or sell plants in pots that are 3 weeks from harvest? or turn your harvest into Malawi cobs or 100 other niches...adapt, specialize and thrive by having what hardly no one else is selling.

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

Lol, in a few years time you will look back those prices fondly as the good old days as you are offered $150 per kilo for organic, hand manicured, long cured AAA grade bud.

Just wait until specialized mechanization of cannabis cultivation takes over..one thing is for sure is that commercial indoor growing will largely disappear and kilos of bud grown by a multi-national company will be made into cigarettes and 98% of smokers will smoke that corporate crap.
but all is not lost, the big corporations will try to grab the bulk of the market while "Mom and Pop" growers should specialize in niche products like a Thai that takes 20 weeks to finish in a greenhouse or produce very pure dry sift or grow a special medical cannabis cultivar or produce seeds or sell clones or sell plants in pots that are 3 weeks from harvest? or turn your harvest into Malawi cobs or 100 other niches...adapt, specialize and thrive by having what hardly no one else is selling.

I think the small grower should focus on growing the most beautiful flowers, gently handled all the way until it is all jarred up. The concentrate market is going to be very flooded.

It appears so many growers and brokers are bouncing the flowers on screens before reselling, they won't last long.

Beautiful flowers, in glass jars.

I think if one could afford it, preserving solventless (preferably) and storing it for years as an investment. Put away the best rosin or dry sift you have made for 10 years and sell it then.

I make so little rosin I do not get to see it age past the 1 month mark so far haha

H

HaHaHashish

I make so little rosin I do not get to see it age past the 1 month mark so far haha

I'm the same with dry sift...just like an orgasm, it never lasts long enough!

Last edited:

grayeyes

I think Hahahash has the right idea. It is going to be 'gourmet' that makes it. The rest are going to turn out that chemical tasting crap for $4 a gram.

There will be a market for good stuff. But the glory days of $$$ are over. Even heard Kevin Jodrey crying about 'market depression' on youtube.

MarDog

It's gunna be a loooong time before growers that are producing the dank are outsourced we are talking decades at a min....just keep improving that game

Latest posts

Latest posts