What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best way to dry bubble hash?

B

ben_710

The best way to dry bubble hash is by sieving over parchment paper inside a clean pizza box. Use a different pizza box for each micron size and make sure the hash is sieved in a thin layer and that there is no chunks so it will dry properly. Close the lid and leave for 6-8 days before storing in an airtight container.

B

ben_710

Also keep in mind that some strains are too greasy to be sieved so they have to be microplaned

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Here in CO USA the local bubble hash is so strong that I place some on a CCK flower
in a very small and skinny joint. I puffed 3-4 times and within 6 minutes my blood pressure dropped to 64/47 with cold sweat and ready to faint.....I had to lay down for 2 hours before
the THC storm passed.

WOW... is there a particular place you bought this hash??... I have had lots of diff buds from CO, as well as a number of diff hash's... but have never had an effect anywhere near to what u are describing ... and that goes for any bud/hash bought anywhere.. or what we/friends have grown.... sounds like my holy grail...

ben 710 more or less nailed it
my opinion is bubble hash needs to be dried on a parchment paper in the dark
u have to make serious the hash is not in a ball or layer (has to be thinly crunched into small balls) for least 2-4 days.
then i would use a t-shirt press or if you don't have that
then turn your oven on for 10 -15 preheat
shove the bubble in there wrapped around parchment paper then wrapped around wet newspaper
let sit for 2-3 mins
then remove the newspaper and wrap it with some scott towel and then take it out step on it, count 1 min with all your weight then flip it over and put it back in to redo the same process all over for another 2-3 mins then take it out and press it in a table vice grip wrapped around scott towel. afterwards i would suggest storing it in jars with a air seal lid or mason jars.
also a good trick i learned was to save some product to pass with dry ice
so you could mix with bubble with thc to make it look crazy.hope this helped you good luck bud

Tric4Life

Using dry ice when making bubble or dry sift can do the opposite of what you are trying to do. Bubble bags or what ever bag you choice to use separates everything into 99% trichome head. Water, ice and bud or really good trim and the bags to the rest. When using dry ice you can turn that around to 5% heads and 99% contaminate. If you are looking for higher yeilds dry ice can def do that but for high grade full melt bubble hash for the real connoisseur or medicine especially just stick with a bucket, bag,s ice and water then use sieving or micro planing onto cardboard pizza boxes and depending on where you live and dry for 3-7 days and if you use good material you should have some nice full melt bubble hash. Then just like bud you can cure your hash also which can change the terpene profile and make it better just like bud.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
what kind of production r u guys getting when making bubble??

i just ran about 8oz's of trim... about 75% leaves/etc, and the balance is popcorn..

the end result from '3' bags (110/73/45) was 25grams dry...

i shitcan the 160 material, and the 25 yields so little not worth the time...

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use only two "bags"( actually not bubble bags but an homemade thing made with buckets), 140 and 40µ, and i got anywhere from 5 to 12% return ( including several run, generally 3)...the last one i made i used 130 grams of shitty buds (sativa dom) and got 12gr dry from 2 run...

pictures of the product:

picture.php

picture.php

Can we get some freeze dry tech in here all this bubble im seeing put through the freeze dryer looks incredible whats up whos got one is it the next big thing or what is there a down side to freeze drying

SirSkunk

Anyone ever try to freeze dry their finished bubble with dry ice? I keep finding posts about using dry ice to make hash, but what about using dry ice to dry and cure hash? similar to freeze drying fruit etc. Any thoughts folks?

I just finished a run, have a few patties wrapped up in 25 micron drying screen, then wrapped in a small hand towel; have the dry ice on top of it in a small tub. See what happens when it has all evaporated. Once evaporated, was gonna press it frenchy style.

Anyone ever try to freeze dry their finished bubble with dry ice? I keep finding posts about using dry ice to make hash, but what about using dry ice to dry and cure hash? similar to freeze drying fruit etc. Any thoughts folks?

I just finished a run, have a few patties wrapped up in 25 micron drying screen, then wrapped in a small hand towel; have the dry ice on top of it in a small tub. See what happens when it has all evaporated. Once evaporated, was gonna press it frenchy style.
Be careful I tryed it once and couldn't get all the moisture out with dry ice sublimation method... You don't want to press like frenchy unless you are sure there is no moisture in the hash or you will lock it in and the hash will get funky... In a bad way...