What's new

"Super" and "Gush"

Ouzo180

Hello all,

I received three clones of "Super" (GuavaChemxChem '91) on the 12th of March. I popped the rockwool rooted plugs into 5gal containers filled with FF Happy Frog. One of them, "Super" (b), looked pretty rough and I pitched it so that's why its not in the pics.

The "Gush" is a seed I got from a great nug of Grape Kush (OG KushxGrapeApe). I don't know if it went hermie or if something else pollinated it so I'm just going to call it "Gush" for now. I put the germinated seed in the cup on 03/17.

They are all vegging 24/0 under 2 23w (1750 Lumen) CFL's and two 2ft fluorescent tubes. I will be receiving a pair of 400w HID lamps in the near future. One for veg (MH) and the other for flower (HPS) using my fluoros for supplemental light.

My room is about 10ft long, 3ft wide, and around 8ft tall, so I will likely divide the room into 4x3 for veg and 6x3 for flower side.

I currently am running a small space heater, (Fluoros=no heat) keeping temp between 72-76*, running a humidifier overnight, and running a 3 speed fan on the 2 setting.

I will eventually be wiring outlets into the closet, (with the help of a professional), cutting for intake/outake vents/fans, splitting the room into 1/2 for Veg 1/2 for Flower, connecting the ducting to the lamps, and eventually getting a carbon filter (might put it outside the room.)

I have not yet tested the ph of my water ( I know bad me...), but will soon. I water the clones lightly when the first 1/4 inch or more of soil is dry, and I mist them with regular H2O at least once a day.

Any advice or comments welcome, I am an outdoor grower and this is my first crack at the Indo. I'll be posting new pics weekly. Thanks in advance!
"Gush" 03/22
"Super" (A) 03/22
"Super" (C) 03/22

Ouzo180

Size: 8in
Temp: 76*
Light: 24/0 (fluorescent mix)
Nutes: (none)
Watering: {Light} or about every three days (plain tap water).
Medium: {Soil} Fox Farms Happy Frog

"Super" (C) 03/28
"Gush"
"Super" (A)

Things looking pretty good IMO, they greened up a lot, though slow. Since I'm new I'm not sure how fast they should be growing but I knew to expect them to be somewhat slow because of my lighting.

I will be getting my 2 400w HID's on the 6th of April or close to it. So that should negate the necessity for my space heater... (Yay!) and possibly the humidifier too because I'm sure the space heater dries out the air.

Have misted some with plain H2O but stopped about 4 days ago, not sure if its recommended at this stage of veg or not. I was informed that my soil had enough nutes in it to last my plants until flower...would some high N nutes boost my growth speed under my current lighting or would that be too much for the youngsters? any confirmation or better advice is welcome :tiphat:

Also I was considering easing my plants into a different light schedule maybe 18/6 instead of 24/0, or maybe lowering the temp during the day on purpose to better mimic nature, would either/both of these be advisable? I was thinking 24/0 is better with my flouro's because they are weaker but IDK...:chin:

Oh and one more thing. My clones came with little "nanny" branches near the base of the trunk (one each), should I prune them now/later/ever?

Ouzo180

I fully watered the pots today, (as in I watered them until they drained) I want to see about how long it takes for these to dry out. Hopefully the plants will enjoy the drink and it wasn't too much water. I think they should be fine though.

I added a reflective metal piece to the light near "super" (a) to see if I can fill it out a little more.

I guess we will see if either of these things helped next week.

C

creep

Count me in, sounds good.

Have you ph'd your water yet?

For the longest time I didn't, then once I did I was shocked to see that it was 7.6! The TDS was over 700 straight from the tap.... So needless to say, I bought an R/O

Hope your water is better than mine! pH that shit homie.

Looking good!

Ouzo180

Grow Update

Grow Update

Size: 10in. (7in after tying)
Temp: 76*
Light: 24/0 (Fluorescent mix)
Nutes: (none)
Watering: {tap water} About every 3 days. Misting with pure
H2O@least once daily.
Medium: {Soil} FFHF

So things have changed a bit since last week. First off I covered the room in white poly plastic head to toe. I cut two 4" vent holes into the adjoining board so that is ready to be set up whenever I get some fans and ducting.

The Lights and plants are now centered in the room and against the back of what will be the Veg room after I partition it off. The poly has really held the heat in and I was able to turn my space heater wayyy down. Stopped using the humidifier...plants don't seem to mind.

(C) is a bit leggier looking but not too much so and I think (A) is finally starting to take off. I tied both plants down a ways to allow more light entry into the lower canopy, and have been "strain training" all branches at some point or another. "Gush" is still growing pretty well...I think I am going to transplant it into a larger container soon.
I'll be buying at least one 400w HID sometime this week and plan to partition off my room so when its time to flower I'll be ready to rock. I'll be keeping one for a mother and flowering out the other "Super." I will update either next week or when I get my flower room somewhat set up whichever comes first.

{In Order of Appearance; Room,(A), (C), (Gush)} Btw my plants don't look that yellow in real life its just the camera and lights.

Ouzo180

Update:

Lighting: Added 1 more 2-tube fluro to the veg room and set lights on an 18h schedule.

Repotted: "Gush" into a larger container, was pretty well rooted should take off with some room to stretch.

Ph: {Tap}=7.8 ouch!
{Runthrough}=6.5 (Happy Frog must be pretty acidic!)
If the runoff is an adequate Ph do I still need to ph-down the tap water?

Fertilizer: I just gave the plants a dose of Bonide's Fish Fertilizer (2-4-0 organic), and some blackstrap molasses. 1 tsp Molasses/quart and 1/2 tsp FishFert/quart. Anyone know a good organic potassium that is liquid soluble? I will be misting after this trial period with a very diluted version of the FishFert if all goes well.

Ouzo180

Update 4/13

Update 4/13

Size: 10in x 10in
Light: 18/6 (Fluorescent mix)
Nutes: Bonide Atlantis Fish Fertilizer 1tsp/quart and Molasses 1tsp/Qrt
Watering: {tap water} About every 3 days.
Medium: {Soil} FFHF

Growth is picking up now with the fertilization, the canopy is just as wide as the plant is tall. Not too much else to report...plan on vegging one of them as soon as one gets to 18in so at this rate about another 3 weeks or so. Got a Sun Systems Hood for a 400w Hps, now I just need a bulb, ballast, and black plastic and I can set up my flower room. Hopefully in the next week.

"Super" (A)
"Gush"
"Super" (C)

Ouzo180

I'll just finish this with a quick rundown of what happened.

Super A became my mother plant which I ended up frying and killing with one application of Bon-Neem from Bonide...but there is now a new mother doing just fine.

Super C was flowered out under a 400w HPS and chopped at a little over 7 weeks. Only gained maybe another 1-1.5 ft in flower. Yield was a little less than 2 Oz. Great sativa'ee effects; Time goes by slow, and it seems to make me excited about whatever I'm doing to the point of butterflies in the stomach.Sweet/fuely smell and taste, heavy smoke. Might be nice to vaporize. I have 1 nug left so it is perfectly cured now.:smoker:

Gush
was found to be male and placed outside though after hermaphroditation [SIC] and much deliberation was culled instead of kept for breeding purposes.

Now.... my partitioned grow room is "finished", and am running a 2 plant per week perpetual harvest system. All slots/stages will be full upon my first harvest (Oct 7-9) after which I will be chopping 2 plants a week, as long as all goes well. Strains currently in the line-up are;
SUPER (3 in 1st week flower/more in veg)
MK-ULTRA (GREAT SMELL/TASTE HEAVY INDICA/in 1st of 8 wks flower)
SUPER SILVER HAZE (12 WEEK PHENO BUT BIG YEILDER/in 3rd of 12 wks flower)
AK-47 (GIFTED/in 2nd of 8 weeks flower)
JILLYBEAN (Has rooted like a dream/in 1st of 8 wks flower/more in veg)
STRAWBERRY COUGH (GIFTED/in 2nd of 9 weeks flower)
PINEAPPLE EXPRESS (GIFTED/mothered/in veg)
California Hash Plant (feminized seedling)
Cali-Trippin (Mk-Ultra x California Hash Plant/Just started to germ these today)

I'm only keeping the Super and Super Silver Haze for sure. I only have so much space and there are other strains that I would rather implement instead of some of those listed, as wonderful as I'm sure they all will be,:smokeit:
sorry to anyone that was hoping for all this earlier, I've been really busy between work and work (gardening) well thanks for readin'

I'll see you guys around the boards.:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts