What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(iff & comet) First SOG (2x 250W HPS)

ivar130

Okay, this is my first diary, so don't expect anything big from this..i think:nanana:
It's my 5th or so grow and I wanted to get it right this time.
I got my hand on 60 bag seeds (fishermans friend, white widow, afghani, african skunk and just from some good noname weed) so I'll be growing for some time now..

Basically the setup is ATM:
one 250W HPS(I will be installing a second one soon)
some computer vents for air circulation
a bigger vent to blow onto the plants
some mylar
lights are on 18h a day
temps are lights off 21C and lights on 23-27C
humidity is 60-70%
I grow in some soil, nothing special, just checked that the ph and NPK would be in the right area, it has some perlite in it and i added some small clay pellets

Everything is work in progress, i have 9 plants under the HPS and i have 2 more at home in a pc case under CFL-s.
The seeds sprouter on 12.07.09( 8 of them on the pics and 2 at home).
A few plants have a ph and/or Mg problem, soon to be fixed..
So i'll start uploading the pictures..I'm quite new to this forum(writing atleast).

The plants at 26.07:

The plants at 29.07:

Closeup of the seedling that got started at 26.07:

No more pictures atm but I will keep em coming:)

Last edited:

ivar130

So I took a look at them and now I think it was a heat problem not a ph/Mg problem..
I moved the vent closer to the plants and lifted the HPS a lil bit.
I'll take a look at them in the evening too and then i'll make a few more pictures with my camera not my cellphone:)

ivar130

So I went and took some new pictures, the fluros are only for taking pictures..
Oh and I also topped a few of the bigger plants, soon there will be a nice sea of green:woohoo:

album.php

album.php

ivar130

Thanks!
Yeah, I think that with my cameras flash the pictures will be even better but I always forget to take the camera with me:/

ivar130

Some updates..
Installed the second HPS today!
Now the plants are under a total on 500W:)
Also I got the other 2 plants from comet's pc microgrow and one more seed broke through the soil today so that's 12 plants all together.
Upgraded the air circulation with +1 fan too..but I still need to upgrade all fans to 120mm size.
So a few pictures too, as usual:

Oh and plants got their first nutrients today!(1/3 of normal dose, starting slooooooow)

ivar130

Plants are 3 weeks old, topped 4 more plants today.
So I finally took my camera with me - better pictures!:)
And I took loads of them:D
I uploaded a "few" for you all..
Sorry about the colour of the pictures, I don't have a program to correct it:(
the picture with nodes was just for testing, nothing there yet:(
I also took a picture of the soil i use,flowering fert and ph meter.
I forgot to take a picture from the veg fertilizer:D
Now all I need is some decent reflectors with aircooling and some diamond mylar..then it's probably the top that I can do now.

ivar130

Why are my leaf tips pointing down?
Did I overwater them?
Temp problem maybe?
The temperature at the tops is 30C and at soil height 25-26C, the humidity is 65%

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi ivar, the leaves will droop a little after a good watering, just allow to dry out between waterings and they'll be fine. At 30*C it is getting a touch too warm and you could do with dropping 2 or 3 degrees if at all possible?, looking good anyway.

Hey mate looking good! As Hazy said the plants do droop a little when you water. Always let them dry out between waters they love nice dry soil! Good luck bro!

ivar130

Can't, the lamps are too hot and I don't have the money to buy cooltubes/hoods with ventilation..:(
Is 30C very serious?
The temperature at lower leaves is 25-26C as I said earlier, what should I change in my grow room(reposition or something maybe?)?
I will probably get new bigger fans(120x120mm computer case fans, like the bttom right one in my grow) at wednesday.
The temp should drop about 5C then..
I water when the top 1-2cm of soil is completely dry, do I water too soon then?
The plants have grown alot! with one day..I will get some pictures for you soon!

Hazy and Kiwi - Thanks!

Last edited:

ivar130

Took a fast look at them today and they are growing very fast:)
Ther leaves were a bit down but less than before so everything is good.
And I talked to my friend who he can make me reflectors(he works at a place where they make stuff out of sheet metal).

ivar130

The plants are looking good, some preflowers are starting to form, temps OK too..
So should I flower?
They are 26 days old.

Sorry for the quality, phone again..

ivar130

Since nobody answered I answered it my self..YES
So the girls are having their first 12H dark period ATM:)
They're 27 days old.
I rearranged them and made some changes in the grow room.

ivar130

Haven't been here some time now..
Sorry guys:(
All plants are on their 6th day under 12/12 , 32 days old overall.
I think that i've spotted a few males there but it's early to tell yet..in a couple of days maybe.
I made a few corrections in their positioning also.
So here they are:)