What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Use of chemicals for commercial grows- NY Post article

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
its amazing the things some folks use and try and pass it off as medical grade.....me I grow my own mostly but sample now an then...yeehaw

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Its a total shit show on all the legal industrial states.
Even those growing "organic" are using bottles.
Im waiting for probiotics to catch on in legal warehouse grows.

dddaver

Veteran
From the article - "There is even concern that the federal government could intervene out of concern for public health, stalling the spread of cannabis legalization and the growth it has fostered."

And later, ANOTHER expert, “If we keep opening up opportunities for people to use dangerous things on plants, it becomes an embarrassment and we invite more scrutiny from the federal government. It would be a huge step backward.”

I kinda disagree about that stalling part or HUGE step backward. Although I would prefer the gov't just stay out of the whole damn thing, because they always screw up every single thing they touch. If the feds did put regulations on growing cannabis, that at least would be a recognition of the existence of a need to regulate commercial growing of cannabis, so a kind of precedent? Probably won't happen for that very reason though.

If they did regulate, then maybe also, at least we med users might feel safer in knowing what we get at the dispensaries is safe to ingest, in MEDICAL legalization anyway. I myself never see the feds passing anything close to wholesale legalization of cannabis anyway though.

Kind of a catch-22 to me, as we need it to be watched over maybe, but also knowing the feds (that would be the FDA) would most definitely fuck it up.

Im guessing theres a pretty high demand for educated consultants in the organic/ipm realm of the legal cannabis market.... love going into a place that has clones and seeing active thrips and mites hahaha nahh im good (strips naked, burns clothes, washes hair with kerosene) lol

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Im guessing theres a pretty high demand for educated consultants in the organic/ipm realm of the legal cannabis market.... love going into a place that has clones and seeing active thrips and mites hahaha nahh im good (strips naked, burns clothes, washes hair with kerosene) lol

I thought the same thing.

I even offered services for free and they dont want to do it. Just the cheapest (upfront) and simplest ways for them.

People need to realize that legal recreational cannabis is not gonna be making Remmy Martin Louis XIII, its gonna be Coors Light. Organic IPM regimens are too intimate for them. They'd rather fog Sulfur and pesticides.
Many of the facilities here in WA get 2-spotted mite infestation before they finish their second harvest.
Does anybody care if Coors or Bud uses moldy grains/barley and dirty water to make their beer?

A lot of these people have ego problems. they just dont like to listen. Ive offered the same service and been told im wrong or flat out ignored. Theres only so much people like us can do for them until the govt steps in and shuts them down. unfortunately that doesnt even work sometimes. Ive seen it in food mfg over and over again. huge lawsuits then right back to the same old same....
From my understand grain is pretty regularly tested for mycotoxins, but like anything else theres sample size, testing error, personnel error, lazyness, etc. 80-90% of consumer commodity markets dont give a shit. they want lager beer and they want it now lol