What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massive Marijuana Grow in Mexico

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
It's all about one thing isn't it......MONEY.

It's not about most people on this site who do it for their own reasons....relaxation....relief....medication.

The shit they are doing is criminal.

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
That's $1600/lb for mexi-brick. Where do they get this shit? The street would be lucky to see half that.

$100 an ounce is a very common price for brickweed. Granted that is not what the growers get for it, but the actual price commanded in total for it after all the middle men is about right.

Yeah they sure have shit weed lol... That pic of how they grow is a big clue right there no attention to details.. I assume they are just throwing whatever they have down and harvesting in big piles lol. Not to mention the climate there is all wrong once you harvest. A bit of tweaking and these boys could have somthing very sweet and they don't even know it . I guess they just don't care yet. peace out Headband707

actually the quality of their brick has gone up a lot. I've had bought an ounce a couple of times recently while my dank dealer was out of town and 3 out of 4 that I bought were pretty good quality. I looked at a study that said the average thc% of what is seized at the border has doubled in the last decade. I can believe it. Its at least twice as good as what I used to see a decade ago.

The thing you've got to realize is they want to keep the number of people involved low, so there is a handful of people caring for tons of weed. So it isn't going to look immaculate.

But that is true even in California. Those 50 lb medical growers using those trim machines don't have the bag appeal that a 10lb grower that hires trimmers does either.

Personally I'm pretty impressed at the sophistication of the operation. I'm just curious what genetics they are using. The bags I got were all clearly indica hybrids.

Here is a pic of a bud from one of the ounces I bought recently. I'm not saying its medical quality, but its light years ahead of what I used to see a decade ago. And for $80 an ounce its hard to beat. I never even bought a QP or nothing. That is just regular street corner price. $20 a quarter sack.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
It's not that Mexico grows crap any more than the next guy. It's just that the emphasis isn't on processing, it's on flooding what amounts to a bunch o crap after it's shelf life has passed.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Shelf life? You must be in a med state. Out here in the middle part, we take what we can get. I never heard of anybody throwing a bag of weed out because it had gone bad. I've personally 'found' buds I hid from myself months and even years earlier, smoked it and it was great.

Don't tell me you believe in those expiration dates they started putting on beer a few years ago, lol.

Eat 'em and Smile, I believe the philosopher David Lee Roth said that.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
nah man, the shelf life is a totally real thing. Its not like it goes bad, but it degrades terrible.

Like during the winter months the stuff is fine. But by summer and that bricked up weed has been sitting in some un-air conditioned garage turns to shit.

It goes brown, and the thc degrades into lower quality chemicals. Not only is it less potent, but the quality of the high becomes shit.

I agree weed can last for years without much problem provided that it wasn't smashed and is kept at room temperature. But trying stepping on it, and leaving it in your hot garage for a year and see how potent it is.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Shelf life? You must be in a med state. Out here in the middle part, we take what we can get. I never heard of anybody throwing a bag of weed out because it had gone bad. I've personally 'found' buds I hid from myself months and even years earlier, smoked it and it was great.

Don't tell me you believe in those expiration dates they started putting on beer a few years ago, lol.

Eat 'em and Smile, I believe the philosopher David Lee Roth said that.

The weed in my area sucks. It's all like mo described, brown clown. Never considered throwing out money but I did venture into growing my own smoke.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I have had good smoke when I have gone to Mexico but it's been few and far between lol.. Mostly swag shit and lots of it and lots of sticks and seeds damn they have lots of seeds in their bud LOL.. I hear there is still treasures to be found in Mexico and I bet there is with the landrace shit they still have there. The ppl and the place is great so whats not to love lol peace out Headband707

M

michael68

$100 an ounce is a very common price for brickweed. Granted that is not what the growers get for it, but the actual price commanded in total for it after all the middle men is about right.

actually the quality of their brick has gone up a lot. I've had bought an ounce a couple of times recently while my dank dealer was out of town and 3 out of 4 that I bought were pretty good quality. I looked at a study that said the average thc% of what is seized at the border has doubled in the last decade. I can believe it. Its at least twice as good as what I used to see a decade ago.

The thing you've got to realize is they want to keep the number of people involved low, so there is a handful of people caring for tons of weed. So it isn't going to look immaculate.

But that is true even in California. Those 50 lb medical growers using those trim machines don't have the bag appeal that a 10lb grower that hires trimmers does either.

Personally I'm pretty impressed at the sophistication of the operation. I'm just curious what genetics they are using. The bags I got were all clearly indica hybrids.

Here is a pic of a bud from one of the ounces I bought recently. I'm not saying its medical quality, but its light years ahead of what I used to see a decade ago. And for $80 an ounce its hard to beat. I never even bought a QP or nothing. That is just regular street corner price. $20 a quarter sack.

That's pretty damn good for $80 an ounce.

O

OGvenom

Yeah they sure have shit weed lol... That pic of how they grow is a big clue right there no attention to details.. I assume they are just throwing whatever they have down and harvesting in big piles lol. Not to mention the climate there is all wrong once you harvest. A bit of tweaking and these boys could have somthing very sweet and they don't even know it . I guess they just don't care yet. peace out Headband707

im sure they know it,they just dont care

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's some baggage beans I thunk to be Mexican. Pretty good stuff but takes too long to finish.

picture.php

album.php

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
That's pretty damn good for $80 an ounce.

yeah, I was pretty impressed. I used to see weed like that a decade ago for the same price, but it was rare as hens teeth. One bag out of twenty looked like that. Now its like 3 out of 4.

I bought two other bags and they were different weed but of a similar quality, and then one was absolute trash with a quarter sack missing to boot. Damn dark alley dealers.

JG's Ghost

My brother, his wife, and baby daughter and I drove from Cleveland to Managua down the Pan American Highway back in the 70's. Don't think I'd try that today.

As to that black square. If I saw that from a distance my first thoughts would be "Military", and I'd turn around immediately.

JG

T

THE TROOPER

disco b that mexican looks soooo good man!!! :tiphat:
how many weeks? and whats she smell of?

TT :ying:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks, THE TROOPER. I think I took that one ~16 weeks. Trichs were 50/50 clear/cloudy. I remember thinking it could use 20 but who knows until you're actually there?

Never seen a plant that looks like a hybrid but matures like a long flowering sativa. Broad leaves, dense buds... I wrongly figured 12 weeks tops.

The closest I could describe the taste and smell was fruity dank. Not much on the head, though.

Here's some more Mexican. This one had a wider degree of expression than typical for 4 plants. Two were fruity fluff, one was semi-dense dank and one was very dense garlic.

Last edited: