What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11 tons of weed on a train headed into Chicago...

BrainSellz

Veteran
icon_wls_byline.gif
ABC7 Team Coverage
December 16, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Six railroad cars that traveled from Mexico to Chicago Heights were packed with 11 tons of marijuana in the ''largest seizure ever of marijuana'' in the area, according to the feds.
It looked like any other freight train rolling north along rural railroad tracks. But this one was the Weed Express.

Related Photos

Feds bust 'Weed Express'
View all 8 photos

When the six train cars from Mexico pulled into a south suburban Chicago Heights warehouse, federal authorities say they were packed with 11 tons of marijuana in so-called "super sacks." Seven people are being held on federal charges after being arrested on Wednesday in connection with the shipment, now being billed as "the largest seizure ever of marijuana in the Chicago area."

Related Content

More: Download the criminal complaint (pdf)

At a news conference Thursday afternoon in Chicago, federal drug agents said that they calculated the 22,000 pounds of marijuana had a street-sale value of at least $22 million. "This is a great day for the good guys. Having served time on the border, this is the way it's supposed to work," Jack Riley, Drug Enforcement Administration, said.
In this case, customs and border patrol agents found six cars of a Union Pacific train loaded with the "super sacks" at Eagle Pass, Texas, in mid-November. Their shipping documents said they contained titanium pigments from Jalisco, Mexico, and were being imported by a company called Earth Minerals outside Joliet. With the help of a drug sniffing dog, the agents found that the rust colored dust was meant to camouflage the real contents -- 11-tons of marijuana.

fabvariousk

Veteran
In many ways this crap weed fuels Chicago.
This stuff isn't for the heads obviously but the working class after work beer and joint smokers. There are more of those in the Chicago area than high-end smokers.
It is a strange place. Hands down the strongest/best dank I have ever encountered was produced in that city. It is cold and Chicago stoners don't play.

Jeez 11 tons on train cars probaly took alot of man hours and forklifts. Even took the extra step to camouflage the load. Wonder if the load(s) that slip by will make up for this loss? probaly so

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw this on TV.
What a fucking waste of resources!!!!!! You see all those pigs standing around, you know all of them make over 50K a year. I'm always astonished that the people of the US think these scumbags are necessary! Meanwhile, I could buy Crack within ten minutes of arriving in any city in the USA
But, I guess that's "the way it's supposed to work"
Get real

grow nerd

Veteran
Well this is certainly good news for all the "home growers" in the midwest, and a win for the US economy.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We dont need that brick weed here anyway. Buy US cannabis only people.

Don't want to see brick weed here in the US legalize it