What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Multibillionaire George Soros Backs Prop 19

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Block2TheFuture-Sometimes people can't get the pie in the sky mentality out of their heads to understand that anyone that would put a million dollars into something fully expects to get something back out of it. Soros doesn't put his money anywhere without some sort of pay back.
Am I glad he put it up? Yeah.
Do I believe it's an innocent gesture? No way in hell. Hard to be that naive.

When a millionaire drops a million on a cause they expect some kind of return.

When a billionaire drop a million on a cause they hardly notice it missing. It's like a penny.

GrinStick

if you can tell me what kind of tax deductuion soros is gonna get from his donation i might buy that one...on the other hand, if you can't tell me what return he will get on that same donation, let's say it is an investment.

INVESTMENT:
1. In finance, the purchase of a financial product or other item of value with an expectation of favorable future returns. In general terms, investment means the use money in the hope of making more money.
2. In business, the purchase by a producer of a physical good, such as durable equipment or inventory, in the hope of improving future business.

What soros gains from this 'investment' will of course be hidden, as no businessman wants to give away the goose that laid the golden egg. What he does not get from it is also hidden...let's just agree that he is a businessman with people to advise him about opportunities...and legalization of cannabis is an opportunity!

TruthOrLie

Veteran
He himself says he believes the detriment to young people's permanent records is not worth the war on Marijuana.

If he was trying to make moves to come up I assure you he would have invested much more.

A million bucks isn't much.

I realized that many people think the $1 million is all that Soros did for prop 19, no. . . He is the head of the policy group that was heading the entire thing. I think it is called the Center for American Progress, or if not that then the Open Society Institute. So behind the scenes Soros was even more involved than just giving $1 million, that was just a public show to distract from his deeper involvement.

Where there is smoke there is fire, and if Soros is the smoke than Monsanto is the fire. I have studied how the elitists work and I guarantee you, with Soros backing a proposition like 19 on one hand and being heavily invested in Monsanto on the other, he had some major schemes going on. It would have been a foot in the door for GMO cannabis on the california market, it would have fast-tracked it.

Just trying to educate people on this was futile for the most part but worth it if I even got one person to critically think.

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
I realized that many people think the $1 million is all that Soros did for prop 19, no. . . He is the head of the policy group that was heading the entire thing. I think it is called the Center for American Progress, or if not that then the Open Society Institute. So behind the scenes Soros was even more involved than just giving $1 million, that was just a public show to distract from his deeper involvement.

Where there is smoke there is fire, and if Soros is the smoke than Monsanto is the fire. I have studied how the elitists work and I guarantee you, with Soros backing a proposition like 19 on one hand and being heavily invested in Monsanto on the other, he had some major schemes going on. It would have been a foot in the door for GMO cannabis on the california market, it would have fast-tracked it.

Just trying to educate people on this was futile for the most part but worth it if I even got one person to critically think.

Dude any business you want to go into, even the canna business, there is someone waaaay richer than you already in it.
Deal with it.
I do hope you find your Unicorn someday though.

What are you talking about reel, that's not even at all what I was saying. Of course you made an obvious point what does that have to do with Soros & Monsanto?

Didn't know there was a unicorn hunt on but if you mean my dream I already found it, a nice 10 acres in one of the best mmj growing areas of california. How is your unicorn hunt going or are you still sitting on it.

AtMos1

@David762: ah thanks for the clarification! it's just that with everyone pointing the pro's I was sure there might of been a catch (i.e price hikes, additives, e.c.t) or just empty promises, but anyways maybe one day hopefully in our life time we will experience marijuana decriminalization. PS: I agree we must never give up the struggle

Don't any of you even be fooled by George Soros! He is a monster! Just because he endorsed prop 19, (which failed), doesn't mean is someone to respect. Look into what this creature is doing to the US/world economy! He is a MONSTER!