What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So. Cal. Master Kush

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
yeah bubba just get's kinda ehhh for me....don't get me wrong bubba's dank as fuk...im not really a coffee person........personall opinion only........

G4life

Hey Oswizzle....The So Cal Master Kush is nothin like the Bubba...Tastes different, Smells different and in my Opinion is slightly more Potent...They are Both Kushes thats why they look sorta similar..They both look like My afghani Kush cut as well but all 3 are different Beasts....I am also Born and Raised in So Cal bro and have been smoking good herb since the mid 80's and have a High Tolerance level myself..Believe me bro!!...The SoCal Master Kush has great Potency and will get you nicely ripped for a few hours easily.....I've seen it lay 2 people flat on their backs....YOU CAN NOT JUDGE A STRAINS POTENCY BY ITS FROST bro or especially from lookin at pics...I have tried the best of the best OGK's bro and the So Cal Master CAN hang with them in the potency department..It is what it is bro..And that is Dank as Fizuck!...~ogr

G

Greyskull

hey does the so cal master have tha og-like taste and smell.... just mellower?

T

THCV

great thread, thanks for the info jiggy and raskal. bubba is my fav smoke and grow, so i have really been looking forward to socal MK. I have a big one that goes into flower this week. she does seem a little slower than bubba in veg, but those big fat leaves are really a sight to behold. I have smoked others' MK and i find it to be less unique tasting compared to bubba, more earthy and hashy without the coffee mocha specialness. But from what i have smoked, it does seem a touch stronger than bubba, and has more intense body too. I'm really looking forward to smoking my own that's growth next to my bubbas (pre98). Taste test will be a blast.

While were on the subject, any other clones going around that rate up there with Socal MK or Bubba? I'm always on the lookout. Seems like Urkle might be another similar worthwhile cut but i haven't run her. I am trying to find the best indica cuts...on earth.

irieeyes808

So what is the story with the Bubba going around by Cannacopia now? It looks great from the grow reports if those are accurate? The MK sounds nice and looks great. Where could I get some quality MK beans? Thanks

Brastaman

G-life said:
nice plant. that pic looks identical to an og master kush clone i got recently. i also got a la kush plant with it. both are almost done flowering. dank! wish i could pm.

yah gwan, gyangster! That og master kush clone you got is from a bagseed of the LA Kush clone you got. And please, my brother, do not call it og master kush, it is a LA Kush bagseed. Oh, and dank as fuk.

and thats Sensi Star ....want some pics of ur mom i have?
not sure if your joking but, looks like you should be more concerned with your plants than talking about people's moms.

Raskal......i love all your gear bro...your shit looks all legit.....no disprespect at all...i'm just saying....i'm from Cali born and Raised my whole life....i've been in the weed game since 94....and all i'm saying is...after thousands of dollars dropped on all types of clubs across the state..testing kush after kush and so on....i've come to the personal conclussion that any type of kush with that fuzzzy frost....isnt 9 or 10 shit.....OG Kush has that diamond glaze frost where u can see your reflection in the trichromes..just like SSH....and that type of frost will send you to the moon...thats all i'm saying...but then again...i have an pretty insane tolerance....and i have smoked many types of herb Labeled MK and only 3 labeled So Cal MK....i havent smoked your cut personally....but it goes like this....bird of a feather flock togethor...if it looks like bubba...its must be like bubba....best tasting herb.....cool high....see the bong in about an hour for another bowl
:laughing:

T

THCV

so...brastaman's (edit: OsWiZzLe not brastaman) point is that you have to smoke BK or MK more often to maintain the high. ie not as potent. but "best taste", "cool high", grows 4x (or more)better than any OG (IME), has great bag appeal (ie frost) and smells killer. sounds like you are splitting hairs! I have LBS of bubba, who cares if I need to smoke a little sooner to top off my high? I smoke all day anyway, generally. And, in my experience, my bubba high lasts just as long as my og, it just doesn't have the same face blast from 1/4 joint--nope it requires a whole HALF joint to get that high! oh no! it must be crap.

And raskals MK looks just like mine, which is a verified clone from Wick. Bagseed? Fine, who cares? All the OGs i have grown are bagseed too.

I never will understand the Bubba haters. I mean, to each their own, by why hate on it? Esp when you describe it as the "best taste", i mean, as a grower, that ought to be something you strive for always.

Last edited:

Brastaman

THCV said:
so...brastaman's point is that you have to smoke BK or MK more often to maintain the high. ie not as potent. but "best taste", "cool high", grows 4x (or more)better than any OG (IME), has great bag appeal (ie frost) and smells killer. sounds like you are splitting hairs! I have LBS of bubba, who cares if I need to smoke a little sooner to top off my high? I smoke all day anyway, generally. And, in my experience, my bubba high lasts just as long as my og, it just doesn't have the same face blast from 1/4 joint--nope it requires a whole HALF joint to get that high! oh no! it must be crap.

And raskals MK looks just like mine, which is a verified clone from Wick. Bagseed? Fine, who cares? All the OGs i have grown are bagseed too.

I never will understand the Bubba haters. I mean, to each their own, by why hate on it? Esp when you describe it as the "best taste", i mean, as a grower, that ought to be something you strive for always.

wow. don't know where all that interpretation came from but.....

i get faded when i toke some bubba. haven't smoked the socalMK.

G

Greyskull

thcv said:
I have LBS of bubba, who cares if I need to smoke a little sooner to top off my high? I smoke all day anyway, generally. And, in my experience, my bubba high lasts just as long as my og, it just doesn't have the same face blast from 1/4 joint--nope it requires a whole HALF joint to get that high! oh no! it must be crap.

right on brother!
i like the way you think

Last edited:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jiggy is the SOCAL MASTERK KING!
u betta reckognize suckas!!!!!
jiggy been pimping her for as long as i can remember.
feels like since 12 AD.
i argue w/ jiggy aLL the time, (its in my nature to be a dick, what's it to you?) but not when it comes to the socalmk.
you're a champ in my book jiggy

T

THCV

jiggywhompus said:
THCV:I think your last post was meant to be directed at Oswizzle and not brastaman.

hehe oops, sorry brastaman! totally meant that for OsWiZzLe. had too much bubba to keep track...

just dropped my big socal MK into flower today...very happy about that.

D

Darkstarlive

I'm sorry I read this thread.
I just reduced the amount of cuts I was carrying and one of them was, yes you got it, So. Cal. MK, DOH!!
I got the cut from someone in North Cali a couple of years ago and they said it was a cut thats been floating around So. Cal. for decades. It certainly was a sweet strain, it purpled up with no temp manipulation.
It defintely is a slow vegger but really puts on the weight when it flowers, no lateral branching it almost grows straight up.
Those of you who have the So. Cal. MK cut know they have the real deal and don't have to prove it to anyone.

Now, I might have to just get it back...lol

Peace...

L

luaith

So Cal MK....

good stuff man....
looking forward to growing her out!
:wave:
48611IMG_1081-med.JPG

KUSHEATER1

gonna run 5 bubba's,3 so. cal master kush,2chem4,2707 headbands,and 2 sour diesels in a week with 3 weeks veg

hbstoner

While were on the subject, any other clones going around that rate up there with Socal MK or Bubba? I'm always on the lookout. Seems like Urkle might be another similar worthwhile cut but i haven't run her. I am trying to find the best indica cuts...on earth.

Burkle is the shit

Dumielson

If I was gonna look for a good MK pheno from beans I'd pick up some DP stock.The pheno I had about 5 years back just rocked and when I hear people talk about Bubba I just go back to that pheno I had.

I would love to see something that resembles bubba come out of a pack of dutch passion master, hahahaha

it seems a good amount of people have been burnt by this shitty MK cut going around the clubs, i culled mine halfway thru it's first run

bambam

Did someone say SoCal Master Kush? Love this lady. Cuts root like you are going to burn them alive if they dont, Vegges slow as christmas(never seen one vegg slower) and in flower streach is close to ZERO! Frost all over the nuggs and fans! Hell i get frost on the stems of the fans. Love her not one in my garden better. Will show some color if you have your temps are right, dont want to get all mixed up in this yours aint real bla bla. So enjoy the pick. Every time i look at her its :yoinks:

Full shot at like day 35.
picture.php

Little bit of frost i would say.:2cents:
picture.php

Thanks man for the ride! You know who you are!