What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What did you have for dinner tonight? Pleace show pic

Charles Dankens

Pork, provolone, broccoli rabe, roasted long hot
IMG_20230821_110515_459.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
Thank you brother. It's no secret recipe. I just pound out the chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and shake them in a bag of flower and shake off the extra flower. I let them sit about 20-30 minutes to absorb the flower, which leaves the chicken a little sticky to hold the breading so it won't fall off later.

Next, I mix about 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream in 2 whole eggs, dip the chicken, then into the bread crumbs. They go right into a preheated skillet, with about 1/4 cup of oil on medium high heat until both sides are a light brown. I finish them in the air fryer @400F (or you can use a preheated oven set at 400) for 10 minutes or until internal temp is 165F. I put Parmesan and Provolone or Mozzarella cheese on the last 5 minutes. You can use either seasoned bread crumbs or add your favorite seasonings to the egg/cream mixture. Most people use milk and egg, but the cream is much thicker and holds the bread crumbs so much better IMHO.

For the pasta, I just cook a little garlic, sometimes red pepper flakes and usually Italian sausage, in olive oil, then push it off to the side. Then lightly brown tomato paste in the oil. Add a splash of red wine and cook most of it off. Add Basil, or sometimes oregano and ground fennel seed. Mix it all together, add a ladle or so of the pasta water to thin it and add al dente cooked pasta. Mix and cook until the water evaporates and the sauce is thick and coated to the pasta.
Edit. Salt and pepper to taste
Peace
yeah thanks man.thats sounds like the italian way.no one ever taught me how to cook so ive been learning this stuff on my own and that is a real italian recipe as far as i can tell.a really good one too. i really appreciate it.i know how it can be pretty well,how do i say it?everyone has their own way.i like your way i think

xtsho

Last nights dinner.

Chuck Eye steak butchered by myself while breaking down a primal chuck roll. A couple microwaved taters. Two because they were small. Steamed Asparagus with butter and sautéed red onions with sliced garlic which went into the same cast iron pan I cooked the steak in while the steaks were resting. The lady had the same. Washed it down with a bottle of Cabernet.

dinner02262024.jpg

xtsho

How do you get it tender? It's a tough cut

Actually it's not tough if you just take the first couple steaks. After that it does get tough. It's the end of the rib eye. You can get 2 sometimes 3 chuck eye steaks out of a 25-30 pound chuck roll. The rest of the chuck eye is cut into roasts to cook differently.

Out of a chuck roll I usually get 2 chuck eye's, 4-6 Denver steaks, a Sierra steak, a pound or two for stir fry, some stew meat, 3-4 roasts, and then the rest gets grinded.

Latest posts

Latest posts