What's new

Potassium or Phosphorus deficiency or...??

TheHappyChemist

Hi growers, First time poster from South East Australia.

I'm growing in pots outdoors in the Australian sun.
The Strain is Barneys Farm CBD Blue Shark (Indica dom) and she's at the end of 2nd week of flowering.
Growing medium: Organic soil (mix of worm castings, mushroom compost, organic soil, sand, perlite)
Feeding: Water with compost tea and Charlie Carp (10.2.6) when required. A week prior to flowering I reduced the Charlie Carp and began weekly feeds of Manutec Liquid Potash (0.2.14).
PH around 6.2.
Height is short of one metre (approx 3 foot). Pot size around 15 litres (4 gallon)

Pictures show the story with problems arising after flowering begun.
Curling under of leaves and their tips. Necrosis mainly but not exclusively to older fans. Affected leaves break away from the stem/branch easily. Plant with minor chlorosis (leaves were greener weeks back). Bud sites appear healthy. My research points to a K deficiency but others have advised a likely P deficiency.

I've never grown an Indica dom plant before and i understand they need plenty of K due to their faster flowering stage.
I'm also growing a Malawi Sativa under same feeding/watering which has just begun flowering. No problems with her.

Any help with confirming my fears and solution to solving it? eg.Increase Liquid Potash?? Introduce fish bone meal??

Much Thanks

Posted the above in the wrong area of the forum back on the 6th March.

Updated pics below at start of week 4. Have fed her the liquid potash a couple of times. Bud sites looking nice with great resin production. However I continue to lose (Older) Leaves as they struggle with my issue.

Attachments

• IMG_3286.jpg
    IMG_3286.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3283.jpg
    IMG_3283.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 5

Bongstar420

I'd skip the N/K for a bit and give some P based on your noted feeding/mix. A dose or two of 10-50-10 Miracle grow or what ever thats even close should do er.

Maybe consider some CaMgS because I didn't see dolomite in that mix of yours. It might be of benefit. I have no idea what the castings were derived from nor what the mushroom compost would have came from either. Typically, they could use some enrichment of CaMgS but would probably do better with a little more MgS in relative terms.

You could scratch some bone meal/epsom salts into the surface to get that done and would provide 4-6 weeks worth of nutes and do 10-50-10 for quick P fixing. Maybe something like a 2:1 ratio of bone to epsom. About a tablespoon of the mix per pot.

Looks like you have a trace of mite in there as well. You might consider measures against that.
V8ebyEa1mA09gAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

Last edited:

TheHappyChemist

I'd skip the N/K for a bit and give some P based on your noted feeding/mix. A dose or two of 10-50-10 Miracle grow or what ever thats even close should do er.

Maybe consider some CaMgS because I didn't see dolomite in that mix of yours. It might be of benefit. I have no idea what the castings were derived from nor what the mushroom compost would have came from either. Typically, they could use some enrichment of CaMgS but would probably do better with a little more MgS in relative terms.

You could scratch some bone meal/epsom salts into the surface to get that done and would provide 4-6 weeks worth of nutes and do 10-50-10 for quick P fixing. Maybe something like a 2:1 ratio of bone to epsom. About a tablespoon of the mix per pot.

Looks like you have a trace of mite in there as well. You might consider measures against that. [/URL]

Thanks for your reply.

I went to feed/water her tonight as suggested and her condition has deteriorated significantly. Newer growth is now affected and the plant is wilting significantly.

I notice after the feed there's a heap of small white thrip like bugs moving quickly on the soil surface?? They're not on my other healthy plant. :chin:

[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/M_ydECHVr50/YOUTUBEIF]

Anyway...a lot of rain due here over the next 48 hours. If I don't see any improvement it might be time for the chop at the end of four weeks. boo!

Attachments

• IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3332.JPG
    IMG_3332.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3333.jpg
    IMG_3333.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Latest posts