What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old clones

Gry

Have some clones in fiberglass . They are as stalled out as any I have had.
They have been fed with one of the fogging machines. I feel almost sure that they were set down on a surface which had recently been cleaned with alcohol.
Seems that roots turned into a callous and shut down as the clones became used to being foliar fed.
I have them in suspended in syrofoam cups with tooth picks and have been hitting them with a weak nutrient solution every couple hours attempting to stimulate some new root growth.
A slow process, but it seem to work. Any thoughts as to how I might speed things up ?

Redbuddz

I've never heard of clones in fiberglass? not sure what that's about. I don't think you should be feeding any nutrients during the rooting process, especially foliar feeding cause like you say they will be reluctant to sprout roots. Not sure how old your cuts are but maybe it best to just start a new?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Think he means rock wool I'd assume... Imo u made a few key mistakes... why foiled feed clones... they had no need to root..try to save them but I'd take back ups asap... root them in a correct manor.... no foiler no nothing.... cut them stick them in a rw cube that soaked n lightly shaken out stick cube in some most dome once with h20 n walk away... come back in 7 days done... to try to save them I'd replant in a cup water light n cross Ya fingers...

Gry

IF I had enough plant material to clone I would not be here attempting to describe clones that have been abused and are hanging on barely as a result of no longer being fogged.

Not sure I described the clones correctly, but the above sentence is an pretty accurate description of my state of mind as I look at them.

Currently on a timer doing a flood and drain with a weak solution of jacks 20/20/20 every 45 minutes. I imagine they will throw roots again, but it may take quite a while.

I need to find some new clones while these things decide if they are going to turn into a coffee percolator .

Peripheral

fwiw, its always good to keep backup clones in stasis in your fridge in case you need them.. They can last over a month in the fridge no problems and root a bit faster, just make a new cut on the stem.. Just throw em in a sandwich bag with a little water and a drop or two of h202.

Hope that helps..

Gry

What a kind thought Peripheral. You sound like a most resourceful person. Was wondering if you might have been a scout as kid, and remembered I once was.
Back ups are always a good idea, as is dual redundancy once Murphy pays a visit.

Should have gone with Massaging Methuselah for a thread name.

Gry

I used veg these under a 400 Watt MH and was real pleased.
I do not recall why, but I went with a 600 Watt ballast turned down running a new 400W MH bulb.
If if only they gave out cookies for over looking the obvious.

Bongstar420

When callous forms, they need weak full spectrum nutes. Petes 20-20-20 is lacking proper Ca/Mg/S/Micro. Something like 200ppm total.

I do soil and mere callous is enough to get rooting in soil as long as weak nutes are available. I dome them for a week or two after potting. Strong light will stunt them right after handling. 10-15watts per square foot sounds about right.

Gry

The first group of clones is doing better, I may be able salvage some, but will take a long time.
I was able to speak with the people who I got them from. They say changes were made. A new batch seems to be doing fine and is already towering over the originals.

Latest posts

Latest posts