What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bombs....lighting the fuse!!

G

Hey RulaTone,

Both my plants and the pollen donor came from VG's release last year in mid 2014. This is an ongoing Cherry Bomb restoration project that was started by a friend, Cool Moe, who was kind enough to shared them with me and another experienced grower friend. The daddy donor for my girls was from the other friend of Moe's who ended up with a high number of CB males and he had one that he considered to be the best male plant he had ever grown, or even seen. I don't think he was able to keep the male but did collect and freeze a load of that dust. I also have a couple of nice PCK girls that I dusted a few branches on that is flowering now.

Thanks for stopping in :)

G

Cherry Bombs at 56 days

Cherry Bombs at 56 days

Howdy Folks,

CB girls continue to fatten up as they head down the home stretch. I'm hoping for a final 3 weeks of bud growth with the humidity and temps on the rise. The smell on these plants are becoming more alike as they mature. Rubbing trichs on either give the same sweet fragrance that takes me back to a smell from a Woolsworth 5 and 10 store that I frequented in my youth. It's a combination of store smells from freshly printed magazines, off-gassing plastic petroleum products and every other scent know to inexpensive consumer items. Brings back lots of good memories. Glad I've grown these for that reason alone. Hope these wont lose the nose they're developing.

CB #3 is starting to fade to yellow on the fans, ought to be a nice sight in a couple of weeks. Wish these girls were looking heavier with the buds at this point. I don't mind going as many days as needed, but they do seem to be slowing down. Have to keep reminding myself that these were flowered with low temps during lights out and both are carrying a pretty good load of beans.

picture.php

View image in gallery

CB #3 on the left, showing some fade

Lower angle

Main cola......#3

CB #2.....Top

CB #2 really hasn't formed much of a main top structure like #3. I think she would have gained much from being topped or supercropped. I had 6 plants of different strains in this grow under 400w hps, normally 4 is max and it probably pushed the capacity.

Will try to do a run of these girl's beans before long and scale back the number to maybe 3 CBs in bigger pots with a longer veg time and no pollination. Get to see them at their best.

Keif

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Hey RulaTone,

Both my plants and the pollen donor came from VG's release last year in mid 2014. This is an ongoing Cherry Bomb restoration project that was started by a friend, Cool Moe, who was kind enough to shared them with me and another experienced grower friend. The daddy donor for my girls was from the other friend of Moe's who ended up with a high number of CB males and he had one that he considered to be the best male plant he had ever grown, or even seen. I don't think he was able to keep the male but did collect and freeze a load of that dust. I also have a couple of nice PCK girls that I dusted a few branches on that is flowering now.

Thanks for stopping in :)
that pck should put some colour in those seeds.:plant grow:

G

that pck should put some colour in those seeds.:plant grow:

Thanks for stopping by Bugman. I'm hoping these two CBs will have some color of they're own. But maybe like you say, the PCK should sweeten the deal and make some colorful F2s.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
the PCK is dom. in most of the crosses made with her.
i have a magenta 99 mom,+ i just started bisho purp got 3 up[fem's]

G

Hi there Keif

What's been happening w/ the Cherry Bombs

Hey Unreg190, thanks for stopping by. I'm at about day 70 with this grow. The Cherry Bombs are finishing and probably will let them go about another 10 days. Both of these plants have been grown under less than ideal conditions as I've mentioned in earlier posts and I'm looking forward to another round without them being hindered by cold weather. Last few grows seems like I do well in veg, but progess stalls and slips away mid-flower. I think the plants probably were not able to grow as much buds since they were busy making seeds. Both my previous Cherry Bomb grows have been with pollenated plants and I look forward to seeing what they do with the extra energy next round.

picture.php

Cherry Bomb #3

picture.php

CB #3....closer

picture.php

Cherry Bomb #2

picture.php

CB #2....closer

Lookng forward to my next round with the cherry bombs and will use F2s from both plants shown here. They will be topped and not seeded and I can do a much better job with seeing what kind of yeild I can get considering I only have an old 400watt hps for lighting. Probably should just shut down and upgrade equipment, sometimes feels like I'm spinning wheels with what i've got to work with.

Keif

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice keif, they look pretty good to me!

nice frosting on the underside of the leaf in the last pic!

VG

G

nice keif, they look pretty good to me!

nice frosting on the underside of the leaf in the last pic!

VG

Hey VG,

I look forward to growing out the F2s made from both these girls in the coming months. I'm especially impressed with the pungent aroma from both these plants growing now. Didn't quite expect so much funk like this from a sativa plant. Probably won't start a new round for a couple of months, but expect great things to report when those finish in the fall.

Thanks again for keeping these great plants around.

KS

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To bad the pics are gone, enjoyed the read much, even without pics!
Keif Stoned did you going further at one point with your Cherry Bomb?

that was a few years back now, Keif did a nice job with the CB

i still have a pack that Mr G sent me and a few ive made myself.. so one day i'll get round to making some more CB seeds... great old-school smoke !

Alpenglow

that was a few years back now, Keif did a nice job with the CB

i still have a pack that Mr G sent me and a few ive made myself.. so one day i'll get round to making some more CB seeds... great old-school smoke !

Please do another Repro Mister! Im Blessed with my Seed Stash so far but this strain makes me whiggle 😎😋