What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Kush x Pre 98 Bubba (reversed)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool stuff, its a good looking male for sure, nice fat flower clusters!

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 35 12/12 bud pic, smells good cant wait to get to smoke some and see if I want to run her again.

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking pretty frosty! kind of looks a bit further on than 35 days, are you taking that from flip or pistils show?

pistils are still white though so she should keep swelling. very bubba-esque appearance.

did you give up on the runt in the end?

VG

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking pretty frosty! kind of looks a bit further on than 35 days, are you taking that from flip or pistils show?

pistils are still white though so she should keep swelling. very bubba-esque appearance.

did you give up on the runt in the end?

VG

35 days of 12/12 and yeah I did give up on the runt, one of the cuts I took off it started rooting but was no more vigorous than the mother plant so I just tossed them out.

Ive got the PB3 x PB4 seeds Im making as well as the PB3 x OX4 that I can go through for some more phenos. Im digging the smell of this PB3 though so far so depending on how she smokes she may get ran again.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Long time without an update. Soil mix was shit not properly re-amended and definitely far from a balanced mix so lesson learned there. Took a huge toll on the fan leaves but the buds turned out pretty and frosty.

I dont know if I will run this particular pheno again, its got a kind of gross smell (to me), doesnt smell so much like sweet candy pinesol cleaner now like it had been a week or two ago, its got somewhat of the cleaner smell but with like a berry hint to it but the cleaner side has this aspect that just permeates and tickles deep into my nasal passages. Not sure if I like that yet but once shes dried and has some decent cure time I can make a better decision.

Anyway Day 69 12/12 she got the ax. She is on the right in the first picture.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will second that dank.frank
Very nice Journal and grow.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool stuff BT, nice one for posting some finished shots i think they look very good considering the trouble you had with soil etc. i guess the extra veg time in the pots before flowering probably made them fade quicker during flower.

what im really pleased about is that you got the same heavy resin coverage that i found with these plants. all of mine were heavily frosted too. the bud leaves look nicely faded i think the smoke will be pretty smooth. It'll be interesting to hear about potency and taste.

VG

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My lone female I finished from the 5 pack has been curing a little over 2 weeks now and I took a budlet out to smoke and I pinpointed the smell as lime skittles. It has changed a bit from the lemon pinesol smell at harvest to now that funky fake lime candy that reminds me of pinesol but lime pine instead of lemon pine. Hard to explain but a broken up bud smells just like the taste of an artificial lime flavored candy. Not a whole lot of flavor though a hint of Bubba but mostly kind of plain flavored but this is only one pheno and it wasnt even grown optimally either (and also isnt fully cured yet).

Maybe I will get around to running some of the seeds I made from the female and male but not likely for a while unfortunately due to such a small space I have and lots of other gear to go through.

Overall I like this strain and I think if I had more phenos finish I would have really found something nice. Potency is high on this strain from the one pheno I got. Glad to have made a little batch of seeds for the ol seed stash for future use.

Man I have consistancy issues with taking good pictures, these are the best I got of the batch I took of the buds that are left curing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one for the smoke report BT, lime skittles sounds nice, i love lime terpenes!

dry buds look super frosty.

VG