What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old trim = Gooey shatter???

Zumie

Quick question, if I blast some year old trim, and then Winterize it, will the resulting shatter I wind up with be a gooey consistency because the material has been de-carbed??

Just wanna figure that out before I waste my time itherwise I'll just run it through the bubble bags

dopecook

Gooooooooooooop

Don't do it. I've made this costly mistake before. Winterized it and had crystal clear goop. Bubble bag it for sure.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick question, if I blast some year old trim, and then Winterize it, will the resulting shatter I wind up with be a gooey consistency because the material has been de-carbed??

Just wanna figure that out before I waste my time itherwise I'll just run it through the bubble bags

You might try a sample first, because it most likely will no longer be brittle at room temperatures.

B

BredForMeds

honestly. just ran some 18 month old trim. that was stored properly.. and got some amazingly hard shatter. it depends.. I ran some 3 year old shit that turned into SAP..

but a year? if it wasn't stored properly might be sappy.. I would do a sample grab a turkey baster.. and make a tiny tube.. this is what I use for test runs on buds and shit so I can see wat the results will be before I waste my time packing 3 tubes with like 500 grams of material.

Kushed_

All of my old material (2yr old) was goopy. I decided it was the best use for old material was to extract with 190-proof everclear, decarb, add butter/ghee and make medibles.

B

BredForMeds

iuno I make my sap into a nice jelly hash.. add a nice kief from some nugs.. gram for gram.. and use heat to mix it up.. makes it a bit harder and easier to handle.. also adds a lot of smell and taste to a sappy oil.. I just ran some bho yesterday.. at like 11am the initial butane was purged away.. and put onto a water bath.. at 100-120 max. usually stay at 110.. its been like 18 hours.. and this shit is hard as a ROCK. and 1 bowl was from my very recent seed buds.. made some nice strains.. and used the remaining material to make bho.. shit is looking amazingly AMBER not brown.

Latest posts

Latest posts