What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vape remnants for oil?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Was told on another site that vape remnants from arizer, which is not ash, can be used to make oil for cookies or brownies. Was told to soak for 10 days, drain, and add oil. Is that optimum, or waste of time?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not a waste of time. I prefer to grind the vaped buds into a powder and mix with coconut oil. Use the paste-like mixture to fill empty gelcaps. The only downside to cooking with the vaped buds is the taste. You skip the whole tasting part with capsules.

Loc Dog

Veteran
It's not a waste of time. I prefer to grind the vaped buds into a powder and mix with coconut oil. Use the paste-like mixture to fill empty gelcaps. The only downside to cooking with the vaped buds is the taste. You skip the whole tasting part with capsules.

I already have a 2 quarts soaked, then into oil and strained. Maybe I could load the oil into caps. Do you get them from health food stores, or online?

Thanks!!!!!

P.S. I love my arizer!!! Used to cough up crap every morning, using bong. Much healthier!!!

Be Well!!!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I already have a 2 quarts soaked, then into oil and strained. Maybe I could load the oil into caps. Do you get them from health food stores, or online?

Thanks!!!!!

P.S. I love my arizer!!! Used to cough up crap every morning, using bong. Much healthier!!!

Be Well!!!

The oil you made might not be strong enough for capsules (unless you don't mind taking a bunch). It should definitely work for other edibles. I get my empty gelcaps online. The big 000 caps can hold over a milliliter each. Smaller sizes work too if you don't like big pills. If you need something like a tablespoon of oil to get a decent high, it's easier to skip the capsules and make some other edible.

Vaped buds work on their own for me and most of my friends. Just grind them into a fine powder and use the powder to fill capsules. That doesn't work as well for everyone. I'm guessing it's easier to digest the plain bud powder for some people. For me, cooking them into coconut oil or some other fat makes them come on faster and hit harder.

I love my Extreme Q. It's great to get high without all the smoke. I can get higher for longer with my vaporizer compared to smoking the same amount, plus there's a bonus high afterwards if you make edibles.

Loc Dog

Veteran
The oil you made might not be strong enough for capsules (unless you don't mind taking a bunch). It should definitely work for other edibles. I get my empty gelcaps online. The big 000 caps can hold over a milliliter each. Smaller sizes work too if you don't like big pills. If you need something like a tablespoon of oil to get a decent high, it's easier to skip the capsules and make some other edible.

Vaped buds work on their own for me and most of my friends. Just grind them into a fine powder and use the powder to fill capsules. That doesn't work as well for everyone. I'm guessing it's easier to digest the plain bud powder for some people. For me, cooking them into coconut oil or some other fat makes them come on faster and hit harder.

I love my Extreme Q. It's great to get high without all the smoke. I can get higher for longer with my vaporizer compared to smoking the same amount, plus there's a bonus high afterwards if you make edibles.

The fat helps get it into blood stream faster, and more.

In 1970's had cookies with 3.5 grams of green morrocan hash, and tripped my ass off, with visuals. That was last time I tried.

Thanks!!!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fat helps get it into blood stream faster, and more.

In 1970's had cookies with 3.5 grams of green morrocan hash, and tripped my ass off, with visuals. That was last time I tried.

Thanks!!!

In the 90s I made a batch of brownies with 7 grams of bud. I ended up eating the whole batch one night and tripping my ass off for 3 days straight. Lol. It's funny now, but it wasn't the most fun at the time.

It's best to test your new edibles slowly and patiently. If you try a certain amount and you don't feel anything after 3 hours, double the dose and try again. It doesn't take many tries to find the right amount. If you try a new batch and it's too much, just relax and go with it. And try a smaller amount next time.

Kushed_

If there is anything left for medibles, then you are not vaping at a hot enough temp. Just because you are getting vapor does not mean it is THC, turn it up and see if it is stronger.

Loc Dog

Veteran
If there is anything left for medibles, then you are not vaping at a hot enough temp. Just because you are getting vapor does not mean it is THC, turn it up and see if it is stronger.

I like it strong, 220C to start and 230C to finish. Tastes like shit beyond that, and would rather try other. Mentioned earlier, I tripped balls from 3.5 grams morrocan green hash, in 1970's. If it were just relaxing, I would be happy, and hopefully get rid of anti-depressants.