What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cob's Beverly Hillbilly

H&L

This is a cross by Cob, SFV OG Kush (SFV OG Kush x Appalachia). Appalachia is a cross I did awhile back, it's Green Crack x Tres Dawg.

It was grown organically in a 150w hps cab over in the corner, flowered 63 days. Of three phenotypes run, this report is on my favorite.

Appearance: Although not huge from the small wattage, the buds look very classic. Light green, soft orange pistils and a good coating of trichs. Looks like traditional hobbyist homegrown. No buds are massive or rock hard but the density is good considering the wattage. Density was consistent as well, the lower buds came out as good as the tops.

Aroma: Straight up lemon pinesol dankness. Opening a jar stinks up the room, taking a bong hit stinks up the house. The smell is very overwhelming. When a jar is opened, everyone knows it. This is one of those plants that makes you upgrade your carbon filter, as I had to do 6 weeks in.

Taste: Strong lemon fuel. Really lip smacking taste, I love it. It has a more pronounced fuel taste than the SFV OG Kush cut. A few seconds after exhalation, there is a considerable amount of expansion in the lungs. After I'm done coughing like a kid, there is a great lemon pine after taste.

High: Strong. It has an immediate punch. While the high is dominantly indica, there is a bit going on in the head. Too much will induce a bit of paranoia and make me look like a stoned teenager. It makes me wander; I take a couple bong hits and then I leave to go to the store and end up at the river. The duration of the high is also quite improved on the SFV cut in my opinion.

Final Thoughts: From growing this plant, it is clear that the male was well selected. While it is very similar to the SFV OG Kush cut, I feel that it is an improvement on what I feel the cut was lacking. I am rather picky on what plants I keep around and this one will be here for awhile. Cobby Gibbler did an excellent job with the cross.

Day 45:

picture.php

Dried Nug:

picture.php

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude you are my gyro! I'm really stoked ya found a winner homie. Also a big shout out to puregreen for the SFV x Appalachia beans that the male was selected from. Thanks a ton for showin love and growin those out man, nug looks killer. Now bring some out with your hipster ass on the cross country scooter haul.

P

Paco

Cobby gibbler crosses FTW! I still have some polens from that. Need to get to using them. Perhaps back to appy?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a jar myself. Got a couple branches drying with freshies. Appalachia would be interesting fo shizzle.

phog

Veteran
good to see a nicely grown plant under a 150 watter, ive had to switch to one myself and its a whole nother ballgame! :tiphat:

Was very lucky and received a 5 pack of these as freebies. 5 for 5 germed. One turned out to be a runt that died. The other 4 are on week 4 of veg. Very excited to grow these. Big thanks for sending these in. And an even bigger THANK YOU for making them freebies.

I'm resurrecting this thread because Cob knocked it out of the park with this cross and it deserves some justice. I received these beans as freebies back in early 2012, I only received 5 beans. At the time I was growing a bunch of elite cuts so I wasn't even thinking of popping beans but I was buying what I thought looked good on the bay at the time. I had East Coast Sour Diesel, Chemdog D, Deathstar, Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Original Indiana Bubblegum, Kyle Kushman's Strawberry Cough, and few others that were on the level with the rest of the ladies. Well unforeseen circumstances happen in life and I lost all of my genetics and there was no way for me to acquire them as I lost contact with the homie that blessed me with them to begin with. I really tried my best to spread those cuts around too. I always believe it's better to share with like minded people in case a situation like mine ever happened and you needed to get back your genetics. Anyways I was screwed and I needed to start from scratch. I had accumulated a nice little seed bank from the bay over the years including a stash of freebies. I kept my pricier seeds in the freezer packed away in storage so I didn't want to deal with opening it up because its a whole ordeal so I decided to start going through some of the freebies. I found a couple crosses that looked interesting and ended up popping Cob's Beverly Hillbilly after reading it was SFV OG Kush x (SFV OG Kush x Appalachia). I'm from the land of the Piff Uptown Haze, Sour Diesel and Chemdog, the most I knew about OG Kush was from here and a cross I use to get from a friend around 2008 of Sour Diesel x OG Kush and it was really good smoke, definitely an elite. So I was really excited about growing out some OG Kush. At the time I never heard of the strain Appalachia but after doing some quick research I was more than excited to find out it was Green Crack x Tres Dawg and everyone was saying it was killer smoke. I popped these seeds around September 2012 and at the time I had limited space because of my living situation and decided to pop just two seeds, I ended up with two females that are two different phenos. One pheno is exactly how H&L described his Super SFV OG Kush keeper pheno, I have never smelled or smoked SFV OG Kush in my life but I'd imagine it smells close to this plant. I want to say it smell exactly like lemon pledge, or like lemon top job or some kind of lemon pine floor cleaner but it also has like a rubber smell to it. The other pheno reminds me of a giant chemdog d but it has some of the OG Kush aroma mixed into the smell as well as citrus and a leather/garlic like smell it's an extremely rich, deep and complex aroma. It smells like someone spilled a lime margarita in brand new car with leather interior. These two plants are no joke, I was thinking if I still had all of my elite cuts how these would compare and they would stand against anyone of them, it's always hard to compare different strain because each one brings its own unique qualities not to mention the quality of the high that make it a special elite cut. I just want to thank Cob and H&L for making these world class genetics available for free. I did try popping the other three seeds a few years later but they never germinated but I'm still rocking these two bitches.

Here's the SFV OG Kush Lemon Pledge Pheno @ 5 1/2 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

Here's the other Pheno @ 4 1/2 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Good look, I've been on IC for a while but I don't post much, I read alot and I've seen your posts, and admire your work, thanks for the compliment. I'm gonna keep this thread updated, I'm running through some new seeds right now that I grabbed from VerdantGreen. He was working with genetics that I was interested in and they were a good price. I have three girls of his C4DD, a really nice LVPK x Pre-98 Bubba Kush and a Bluedigi f2 him and dank.frank collaborated on. I just dusted those two SFV OG Kush x (SFV OG Kush x Appalachia) girls and the best C4DD out of the bunch that really reminds me of my old Chemdog D cut with some pollen from Chimeras new Frankie's Incense Haze. I wonder what that shit is gonna be like.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plant look like a OG, somewhat up high to it at least at first?

Be waiting for you to give a smoke report of the Frankies as you have had the original to compare. Have a pack of Frankies but have other strains to run first.

What up yesum, the SFV OG pheno is def some headie smoke, the other pheno that kind of reminds me of the chem is stonier, not a couch lock stoney feeling but you feel it in the face and behind your eyes. Here's another pic of the SFV OG Pheno.
picture.php

As soon as I get some females to work with from the Frankie's Incense Haze I'll write up a smoke report, I just cracked some more beans. I originally popped 5 seeds, one didn't make it, one ended up being twins but both died right away, the other three turned out to be males. Two of the males look and smell identical, and the third is a different pheno than the other two. I took the pollen from the best of those two and dusted the both of my Beverly Hillbilly phenos and a C4DD. Here's the twins that didn't make it.
picture.php