What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

Ca++

GHE (now T.A) makes a 2 part formula for coco (FloraCoco)

tripack-dual-coco-terra-aquatica.jpg

It has values as:

(minimum guaranteed analysis)

Grow: NPK 4-0-5

Total Nitrogen (N)4,2%, Ammonialacal nitrogen 0,2%, Nitrate nitrogen 4,0%, Potassium oxide (K2O) 5,0%, Calcium oxide (CaO) 5,0%, Boron (B), 0,006%, Copper (Cu), chelated EDTA 0,007%, Iron (Fe) chelated 0,1% EDDHA 0,1%, DPTA 0,1%, Manganese (Mn) Chelated EDTA0,05%, Zinc (Zn) chelated EDTA 0,015%

Bloom: NPK 1-6-4

Total Nitrogen (N) 1,0%, Ammoniacal nitrogen 0,6%/Nitrate nitrogen 0,4%, Phosporic anhydride (P2O5 6,0%,), Potassium oxide (K2O), 4,0%, Magnesium oxide (MgO) 3,0%, Sulphuric anhydride (SO3) 5,0%, Boron (B) 0,015%, Copper (Cu) 0,003%, Iron (Fe) chelated 6,0% EDDHA 11%, DPTA 0,012%, Manganese (Mn) chelated EDTA 0,006%, Molybdenium (Mo) 0,0015%, Zinc (Zn) chelated EDTA 0,004%

My question is, how does this formula compare to H3ads formula?

DualPart Coco feeding chart for coco:

dualpart-coco-application-chart.gif
You can't compare to any other feed, as the numbers are wildly inaccurate. They hide behind the quoted 'minimum guaranteed analysis' line, to give you numbers over 100% different in my lab reports. Here in the UK we expect a bottle to be right. They said I was wrong to expect what they said. Saying this minimum line was on the bottle. It wasn't.
There is no point reading a bottle, if major elements are over double that stated. I won't touch there feeds again. They are not for people that have a recipe in mind. They are for people that follow blindly.

Zblade

Im using Heads Lucas with RO and unless I add 3ml of calmag I get defiencies.
Is anyone using heads with epsom (no calmag) with RO and not getting defiencies?
Ive used GH 6/9 , GH flora nova,jr peters 3:2:1 and a few others and they all are very similar to heads Lucas formula.

With JR Peter’s I use 50% tap and 50% RO with a gram of Epsom salts which may be what I need to do with heads Lucas instead of using Calmag.

Last edited:
Is anyone using heads with epsom (no calmag) with RO and not getting defiencies?
Ive used GH 6/9 , GH flora nova,jr peters 3:2:1 and a few others and they all are very similar to heads Lucas formula.

With JR Peter’s I use 50% tap and 50% RO with a gram of Epsom salts which may be what I need to do with heads Lucas instead of using Calmag.
Check at your local Provider The water values, general statements are difficult because everyone has different water (mine, for example, is very poor in calmag in general)

Anyone have experience running the H3ad formula in a crop steering setup, preferably under LED lights? I wonder if the nute dosage needs to be increased in crop steering to meet the needs of the plants' increased vigor. Any inputs?

I love the H3ad formula and would like to be able to continue using it in crop steering.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd

When I first started H3ads method, I was using epsom salts like h3ad did at the beginning.
But I kept seeing tiny orange spots that appeared on the veins of the leaf. Not in between the veins, but on the veins of each leaflet. While trying to find out what was actually going on , I read deeper into H3ads thread and read that he eventually stopped using the epsom salts, because he said he didn't see any difference in health when experimenting with not giving epsom.
When I read that, I too stopped giving the epsom salt and all signs of problems disappeared.
I figured either the epsom salts were causing an overdose of Magnesium or sulfur and was causing a lockout issue, causing the orange spots.
I never did figure out the exact cause, and all those leaf charts , never show a pic with the tiny rusty orange spots actually on the vein. There's lots of pictures of spots between the veins tho

StickyBandit

I use Mills Basis with rainwater in coco with LEDs and some strains get pale green leaves with darker green veins when young, also I either get pale leaves or tip burn with a very narrow sweet spot, is this a magnesium deficiency?
If so how much Epsom Salt would I add per liter for watering?

Last edited:

drosera420

Premium user
I'll chime in a bit too. Take this all with a grain of salt since I only have 6 or 7 runs total. My baseline is the 6/9 ml gal with half rain and half RO. To that or rather first I tend add silica 1mL/gal and cal mag 1mL/gal. pH'd to 5.9 -6.0

That's the basic stock that the hybrids seem to tolerate pretty well all the way through mid flowering. Midway I'll adjust and drop out the silica and lower the 6 by half or less.

Now when you get the straight sativas I just dilute the stock to half or one third and pH again back to 5.8 -6.0. I will add some additional cal mag to the sativa stock too trying to bump it back to 1mL gal final.

They never dry out and I try to keep the VPD up pretty much pushing them along.

That tip burn is hard for me to manage but less is more when working with a Mountain Gold from Green Mountain for example.

I love the coco and LEDs but it does take some strain dependent learning.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I use Mills Basis with rainwater in coco with LEDs and some strains get pale green leaves with darker green veins when young, also I either get pale leaves or tip burn with a very narrow sweet spot, is this a magnesium deficiency?
If so how much Epsom Salt would I add per liter for watering?
sounds like it could be Mg deficiency - try giving epsom salt foliar - that way you can add Mg w/o messing with the media, see if the issue goes away with foliar treatment, then maybe start adding to feeds