What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House caught fire

U

useless.gardens

you need to sit down and read the policy. if its recently expired, there could be a "window". id say after 30 days of lapse, you'd be on your own.

for sure, there has to be some kind of official letter indicating you are "out of favor" with the insurance company... but there could be disclaimers in your policy that makes the above change.

the reason why people use a lawyer #542... they dont read shit & even sign their name on shit they dont read.

DO NOT let that be any of you !

build data & photos !!!

make a page on a donation site.
use the data for a real nice craigslist advert.

not only should you call whoever you are calling (red cross for example) EMAIL them.
^ proof !!!!! ^

send old school snail mail too. why? proof.

these people who are "fucking you" & "are liars" write a certified letter to their boss (a department head in your state) & send the PROOF.

quitters never win.
& winners always think of a way.

one door shut is just that... one door shut.

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... do a google search for salvage companies in your area too, lot's of interesting finds there, you can cobble something together, also maybe a donated chicken coop to live in while yer rebuilding?:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
H4H great place fort materials...or check out CraigsList for lumber.

sometimes craigslist will have free lumber etc & other stuff listed. rusty sheet metal beats fuck-nothing as a roof if it is raining. take what help/materials you can find, & upgrade when you can. if enough folks know, you WILL get help...wish you were closer.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
So sad, I just put a ton of great lumber on the curb. I am moving and everything is getting tossed out. You could probably start a whole new life with just the stuff I am throwing out.

shithawk420

Veteran
yeah,i know.if i just had a consistent internet connection i could probably get the stuff i need.fuck this sucks.im thinking of spending my last money on a scooter to get to town from the country just to get in touch with people.Broke my damn cell phone the other day too! oi vey!

M

moose eater

Late to the party as usual, hawk.

Sorry your home caught fire, and the related ripple effect that has ensued.

The H4H and Food Bank recommendations are solid, imo..

Red Cross has been questionable for many years now, depending on where you live.

Lack of transportation makes it difficult, as you know; many persons give old buildings or scrap lumber away, but few of them would deliver. Maybe the churches have access to a flat-bed or pick-up that could be made available if/when you find materials.

Sounds like a catastrophe that provides an opportunity of sorts; pick a direction, new or otherwise, and go that way. Your anchors have just been tentatively severed, for both better and for worse.

Not that it'll make you feel much better, but it's my understanding that over 2/3 of the Country is living one pay-check away from catastrophe, should fire or other disaster strike. So rest assured, you're living within the solid majority.

Good luck. Glad your pup's OK, too. You've at least got a good friend with you.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
yeah,i know.if i just had a consistent internet connection i could probably get the stuff i need.fuck this sucks.im thinking of spending my last money on a scooter to get to town from the country just to get in touch with people.Broke my damn cell phone the other day too! oi vey!
Bro I'd send you the smart phone I used to use, but the chinese manufacturer was installing firmware updates over the air without my consent which is why I bought a new one. If you can get a smart phone and tmobile has coverage in your area, I have been using mint mobile and really like them. On my second year with coverage https://www.mintmobile.com/ If I can do anything to help man drop me a line. :huggg:

shithawk420

Veteran
Bro I'd send you the smart phone I used to use, but the chinese manufacturer was installing firmware updates over the air without my consent which is why I bought a new one. If you can get a smart phone and tmobile has coverage in your area, I have been using mint mobile and really like them. On my second year with coverage https://www.mintmobile.com/ If I can do anything to help man drop me a line. :huggg:

Wow that mintmobile really is a good deal.to bad i cant even afford that.i was using an obama phone or whatever people call it.maybe i can get another one who knows.

Im pretty much fucked.i got food stamps but thats it.im staying at an old farm house in the country with my dad.neither one of us has a liscence or 1 fucking dollar to both our names.not even kidding.my mom was gonna try a go fundme or something.but she doesnt really give a damn so...
Im just lucky to use public wifi.someone i know had to go to the hospital so im using that wifi.ill get some pics of the house to give you guys an idea of what im working with

hayday

Veteran
I'm reaching out to Mr, gonna send him
some relief funds. If anyone else can help...please do.
My personal friend just had a fire last Sunday. He aint hurtin but Lost his offshore fishing gear. Hes well off too so its not like hawk situation.

Send em if you got em...

Lyfespan

how you doing hawk? hang in there

is the house red tagged i didnt read that? did anything structural get damaged? do you own the property? could a mobile unit be attached to property?

Bobby Boucher

You should post up a comprehensive list of exactly what materials you need. Load up a Menards or HD cart online and post it up here. It might not be quite as bad as you think. Be easier to pool money towards.

I might be a bit far up for you in the NW suburbs.. but fwiw, I do have some spare lumber and Romex layin around, along with whatever tools you might need. Flooring, electrical, plumbing, roofing, all the fancy lasers and ladders n airless sprayers n oddball shit nobody buys.

I don’t know how far down you stay though. IL is.. pretty tall. I was a gc for ritzy downtown retailers for many years. I don’t know much about fire restoration codes, but if it’s just a matter of getting the burn out, and fresh lumber, sheetrock, and wiring in.. you might be looking at a much smaller bill than you’d think.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm reaching out to Mr, gonna send him
some relief funds. If anyone else can help...please do.
My personal friend just had a fire last Sunday. He aint hurtin but Lost his offshore fishing gear. Hes well off too so its not like hawk situation.

Send em if you got em...
Thank you so much.sorry to hear about yyour friend.fishing gear isn't cheap.dammit I hate fires

shithawk420

Veteran
To
how you doing hawk? hang in there

is the house red tagged i didnt read that? did anything structural get damaged? do you own the property? could a mobile unit be attached to property?

The house is red tagged.i own the house but can't afford a mobile unit.worse comes to worse I can live in the garage and still use the bathroom inside.still haven't showered in over 2 weeks