What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mites?? Or Normal?

coooper

Hey guys. So this is my first grow, but ive done everything in my power and knowledge to have a perfect environment built specifically for an indoor garden (which you can check out here). I have a lot of knowledge but this is my first time doing this hands on with my own garden. Ive been taking pictures of my seedlings every day to compare growth. Now i took photos today a couple hours ago, and i zoomed in on the photos and noticed microscopic white dots that you cant see without zooming in or when i used my 40x scope. Im wondering if i am just worrying for no reason and this is normal for the plant or if its an early sign of spider mites. Im 50/50 on it because i havent done this yet and have no mite experience, but also upon close examination can not see one mite and even under the scope the dots are still microscopic. I also checked underneath and see not dots or mites. Pretty sure this is just normal... but if i dont ask for some opinions ill be thinking about it non stop.

Attachments

• 67315928_492841364810699_3379117480642347008_n.jpg
    67315928_492841364810699_3379117480642347008_n.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 30

DJXX

Veteran
usually the mites and their eggs are on the underneath side of the leaves,,,if those are somehow eggs you would see something that layed the eggs crawling around I would think.....my guess its the first formation of trichromes...really dont know for sure ...maybe someone in here can elaborate..DJXX

coooper

+1 to you for already making me feel better lol. Here are pics that are not zoomed in. Plants are super healthy. It’s only Day 12 of their life so I’m just being overly cautious.

Attachments

• 2135046F-5715-4825-BCE9-F310E5942B13.jpg
    2135046F-5715-4825-BCE9-F310E5942B13.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 23
  • AFEEF132-2BC7-4E79-AE4E-4AC5A97BA59A.jpg
    AFEEF132-2BC7-4E79-AE4E-4AC5A97BA59A.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 1654CCF3-04B0-4515-A682-B17B72C43C68.jpg
    1654CCF3-04B0-4515-A682-B17B72C43C68.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 29

DJXX

Veteran
man i think you may be a lil worried for nothing...they look pretty good to me...what strain is the first pic.....DJXX

Tangwena

Veteran
+1 to you for already making me feel better lol. Here are pics that are not zoomed in. Plants are super healthy. It’s only Day 12 of their life so I’m just being overly cautious.
Relax and let them do their thing they look fine to me but I've got glaucoma in both eyes ha ha.
Just kidding man they look fine.

DJXX

Veteran
oh i see its Sangria...with a 40 times scope you would easily see any crawlers...With just your eyes Spidermites look like a spec of dust but it moves...with the magnification you can easily see the legs and the eggs but they are definitely on the underneath side of the leaves...whats in Sangria..DJXX

coooper

Great to hear guys. Thanks i appreciate it. Everything has been beyond perfect with this first grow of mine. and it better be considering the amount of hours and money invested over the past two years to get this going. And yeah all three are Sangria. I wish i could tell you what it is, i shouldve taken a picture of the information in the book from the vendor. I only will get great genetics from trusted vendors at a local festival in Maine. All i remember is that its indica dominant which i prefer cause i am limited on height available. And it said it was a very berry tasting strain and tends to have a lot of purple if i remember correctly. Although i cant find anything on the strain and dont remember the vendor name (first time seeing them at this festival) . I have two other strains that i know and love that are from TGA Genetics. Space Candy and Qrazy Train. Both amazing strains especially the Space Candy. Wanted to save those genetics till after my first grow to safely get used to the work habits of the garden and deal with any fuck ups i might have on the first go around. So far everythings great though :D .

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
usually the mites and their eggs are on the underneath side of the leaves,,,if those are somehow eggs you would see something that layed the eggs crawling around I would think.....my guess its the first formation of trichromes...really dont know for sure ...maybe someone in here can elaborate..DJXX
plants are still considered seedlings, therefore not "trichomes" :tiphat:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
plants are still considered seedlings, therefore not "trichomes" :tiphat:

In all honesty I think that's strin dependent.Ive gotten strings over the years with trichs at a very early stage.
One that comes to mind was Heath Robinsons Black Rose years ago.Unfortunately the end result was pretty but that's where it ended for me.

coooper

Thanks I’m thinking it’s just a natural part of the plant considering you can’t see it unmagnified at all and even when magnified it’s still a microscopic blur. And thanks for the info djxx