What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drip system vs E&F

Lathund

Finally going back to growing! This time with a true hydro system, I've tried Hempy buckets and Blumat's back in the day. Great result with hempy's but I want to go "true hydro" this time.

Wich one would you prefer in a Secret Jardin DR120? And why?

I've googled and youtoubed a lot and a top feed drip system seems to give better results, where E&F would possibly be a bit easier to setup?

Either way a flood table will be used, pumps and oxygen stones etc.

Any advice for a rookie grower?

RockinRobot

Personally prefer flood and drain over drip for simple ease of maintenance. No clogged drippers, no having to balance flow to each plant. I use 6" rootmaster pro pots with hydroton and flood 4x a day. I run up to 21 plants in a 2X4 tray with 2 weeks veg or as few as 10 with 4 week veg.

Lathund

Personally prefer flood and drain over drip for simple ease of maintenance. No clogged drippers, no having to balance flow to each plant. I use 6" rootmaster pro pots with hydroton and flood 4x a day. I run up to 21 plants in a 2X4 tray with 2 weeks veg or as few as 10 with 4 week veg.

Thank you for your input!

As a rookie who never used any of the two, is it common for drippers to clog?

I'll be running a 4x4 tent and I am leaning towards growing in sog. Would yield results be different between the two? I saw a youtube series where he compared flood and drippers, the drippers yielded quite a bit more but then again he grew big plants.

RockinRobot

Thank you for your input!

As a rookie who never used any of the two, is it common for drippers to clog?

I'll be running a 4x4 tent and I am leaning towards growing in sog. Would yield results be different between the two? I saw a youtube series where he compared flood and drippers, the drippers yielded quite a bit more but then again he grew big plants.

I run drippers in my outside hempy buckets for veggies and they always clog even with wide open 1/4 tubing and no dripper. Mostly from the mosquito dunks getting through the pump prefilter.

In a 4x4 tent I doubt you would see any difference between the 2 methods all other factors the same.

A 4x4 flood tray would hold up to 36 of the 6" pots that I use for SOG.

I'm consistently pulling +1g/watt under a 600w HPS in a 2X4 tray.

Last grow.

picture.php

picture.php

Lathund

I run drippers in my outside hempy buckets for veggies and they always clog even with wide open 1/4 tubing and no dripper. Mostly from the mosquito dunks getting through the pump prefilter.

In a 4x4 tent I doubt you would see any difference between the 2 methods all other factors the same.

A 4x4 flood tray would hold up to 36 of the 6" pots that I use for SOG.

I'm consistently pulling +1g/watt under a 600w HPS in a 2X4 tray.

Last grow.

View Image

View Image

That sounds really great, thank you so much! Do you have a journal of your grow or would it be okey for me to pm you to get some more info/details?

RockinRobot

That sounds really great, thank you so much! Do you have a journal of your grow or would it be okey for me to pm you to get some more info/details?

I have a thread where I rebuilt my grow room and document most of my grows. I don't detail any ppm or temperature info though. Feel free to PM as well.

I use Maxi-Grow for veg and Maxi-Bloom for flower. Only additives during flower are Liquid Kool Bloom and Mammoth P.

Can find my thread here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348952

Latest posts

Latest posts