What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pot for Pennies! Southern Oregon 2019

OregonBorn

HellaFella420's choice to use native soil will go a long ways towards protecting his plants. Imagine a cloud of insects flying overhead. HF's plants will blend in with the other native plants, while next door some plants grown in non native soil will look considerably more attractive. Remember that, just like top predators, insects don't try to take the strongest. They prey on the weakest.

Sorry. That is complete and utter rubbish. You are emphatically incorrect in this reply. Mites are not apex predator species. Quite the opposite. Mites prey on a multitude of plant species. They will dine on your best and worst plants alike. They do not care if they are grown in native soil or $500 a yard potting mix. They do not care if they feed on Cannabis or a long list of other plant species, like blackberries. Seriously... In Southern Oregon in particular, you are going to get broad mites, several species of spider mites, and hemp russet mites all dining on Cannabis plants, healthy or not.

Also of late is the issue of the spreading phylloxera root aphids. They feed on the roots of self rooted grape plants in vineyards, as well as Cannabis. They are a growing problem in Oregon and California.

OregonBorn

Weird, I didn't "" that instance of "hemp" the forum did that automagically?

Yeah, this forum italicizes a lot of key words for some reason.

Good that you have a fogger. The mites are here, waiting. I use Avid early on, and then flip to Neem and Aza later.

HellaFella420

Veteran
Puttin' on some fresh growth!
picture.php

These huge pots are never gonna get filled out starting this late..

picture.php

Some are happier then others..
picture.php

Only things left to do is irrigation finally!
picture.php

The "Baby Trenches"
picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
The original field has acquired the nickname "Serengeti" because there is NO SHADE ANYWHERE, lol
picture.php

Rooting in nicely
picture.php

New strain, The "Family Jewels" from Humboldt Seed Company
picture.php

Serengeti South, the rockiest field...
picture.php

Were getting there!
picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
Sorry for such a lack of updates, I don't live there myself and haven't visited in about 35 days now, been taking care of things remotely.

So I'm pretty excited to see what things have turned into while I've been gone. Finger crossed!

Headed back up to Oregon later this afternoon!

Here's a couple picture I forgot to upload earlier..

This is the definition of a "Hill Dog!"

Meet Chiquita!
picture.php

picture.php

At this point I had met her like 5 minutes ago, all this monster wants is LOVE..
picture.php

bibi40

Yes mate , happy for you ,

waiting for this long time ago ,
they do something so well in few times ,

you will do something from this late start ...

Congrats !!!!

:tiphat:

HellaFella420

Veteran
"The Backyard" Gelato in front of the trailer. The small ones in the foreground somehow caught up and even surpassed their sisters in the back!
picture.php

picture.php

Blueberry Muffin on the left and more Gelato on the right
picture.php

Gelato is lovin' it!
picture.php

Gelato twins
picture.php

Last edited:

HellaFella420

Veteran
The more haggard mom's that went out..
picture.php

All Grow'd up
picture.php

Mom's definitely aren't ideal for flowering out. But they were there, free, and gonna get chopped down anyway!
picture.php

Filled out a bit!
picture.php

Unknown
picture.php

Last edited:

HellaFella420

Veteran
This is actually 2x plants that have grown together, forget now what they were, slightly different shades of green is the only way I noticed!
picture.php

Black Lime Reserve I think these were?
picture.php

Blueberry Muffin: always a fast finisher, its already on the way. Weird growth pattern, really downswept leaves, very stiff purpleish stems
picture.php

Gelato LOVIN' the hot weather
picture.php

Gelato Row crop!
picture.php

Last edited: