What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What could be the cause of this?

HI guys,

So I noticed some small holes on a few leaves from a few different plants. I noticed them right before I did a flush due to excessively high runoff EC for young clones 1000-1500!!

I just got them a few days ago from a friend and I think he wasn't watering them with adaquate runoff and letting them build up salts in the roots. I couldn't believe they looked as good as they do with such high EC.

Anyway I was just curious what you guys on here think. I'm new to indoors and coco. I didn't know if it was a issue related to the high EC of the soil or a pest issue.

I'll attach a photo.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 32

ridoo

Hi,
never seen this in my room, i searched a little on google and around but didn't found same kind of white spots...

so, first check very well for pest, under leaf, over leaf, on stems, and on top of the medium, here coco, look for any kind of moving/flying/jumping/... insect, use a good light and a magnifying glass if you can for a very close watch..

second, coco is a quick recovering medium, so, if they are young cuttings you can cut the fert by the half, adjust ph around 5.80, and water them gently every second day with a 20/30% runoff till it gives you a good EC

do not flush them every watering, once is ok, but next watering only little runoff

light food, multi-feeding, small runoff, :)

hope it helps a little

Ok great, thanks for the advice! Yeah I’ve been keeping a very close eye on them using a jeweled loop and haven’t seen anything at all. All my sticky traps are clean. Didn’t check the medium though. I’ll do that tonight. So I should try watering every other day with 20 to 30 runoff at half strength until the runoff numbers look good got it, thanks I’ll give it a try!