What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze STD, AutoMalawi FEM, and some others.

vcasqui

The Automalawis... what to say... they are magnificent plants. I cannot believe they were 20 days in 1lt pots with pretty much no food, and still manage to grow to 55cm tall. The only other time I had autoflowering plants in 7lt, they were in the 7lt pots from the start, and they were only 35cm tall, more or less. So, as I already stated before, I'm really really happy with them. I cannot wait to try the AutoZamaldelica; I will probably do a side by side between the AZ and the AM next season, if Gods wants me to.

Now the differences between the two of them are more noticeable. The AM_fb is overall bigger; more lateral branching with fatter buds. But the smell is less rich than the AM. If I had to bet, I'd say that the AM_fb will finish a little bit faster than the AM. The trychomes are mostly cloudy in both of them, and the pistils are brown already, but they are still shooting new ones; not much, but still enough for me to not worry about the harvest day so far. They still have a couple weeks to go at least, hopefully enough for those buds to get fatter.

The quality of the pics is completety shit. They don't do justice of how pretty the plants are, not to mention the smell and the stickyness.

Next up, the Bangi Hazes.

Attachments

• am+am_fb.jpg
    am+am_fb.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 24
  • am.jpg
    am.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 28
  • am_fb.jpg
    am_fb.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 20
  • am_fb-flower.jpg
    am_fb-flower.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 18

vcasqui

And now, the babys of my eyes... the Bangi Hazes.

Again, I could go on and on about my worries and plans for them, but my mind goes crazy when I try to put my thoughts into words. So much things than can go right or wrong, I don't really want to think about it until the time comes (mainly because I already did hundreds of times, and I know what I will do in the different scenarios. I just don't want to stress myself anymore).

They are BIG, I have never had plants that were this big, and they still have one month+stretching. I have no idea of how much they will grow in those pots, because now they are officially rootbound. They drink around 3'5lt of water a day, and they eat quite a bit; as you might be able to see in the pics they have the lower, inner leafs a little bit yellow (they have dropped their first leafs. 2 months in, not too bad) but I would say that they are looking pretty good overall.

Of course I'm talking about the ones in the 25lt pots (bh1 and bh2). The bh3 has been transplanted around one week ago from 6lt to 17lt. But I will show pics of her in the next post.

The bh2 is my favourite plant of the garden. The color, the structure, how erect the leafs get, the aroma... in my opinion is the best out of the three BHs. I will keep it regardless of it's sex.

Little summary of my ideas for these plants:
- They are not feminized, so: If all 3 are males I will keep BH2 and recollect pollen. If BH2 is female and the other 2 males, I will keep the BH3 to collect pollen. If only 1 is male, I will keep them all. If I got no males, I will keep them all.
- If BH2 is a female, I will think about giving her a 45-50lt pot to develop better during flowering.

Now, for the fears:
- Again: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bigger size = bigger buds = more chance to suffer from rot and mold in October and November.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- If all of them are males, I will be SAD. Biggest bummer of the season.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- They are drinking and eating a lot. I hope I will be able to keep up with them.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And that's it for the moment.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]See you in the next one boys. And sorry for the overall shitty quality of the pics.
[/FONT]
:tiphat:

Attachments

• bh2_top.jpg
    bh2_top.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 17
  • bh2.jpg
    bh2.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 17
  • bh1_up1.jpg
    bh1_up1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 18
  • bh1.jpg
    bh1.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 19
  • bh1+bh2.jpg
    bh1+bh2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 20

vcasqui

BH3 + bh1 top pics

Attachments

• bh3_before17.jpg
    bh3_before17.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 28
  • bh3_after17.jpg
    bh3_after17.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 17
  • bh1_up2.jpg
    bh1_up2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 18

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi vcasqui,

Glad you are pleased with the outcome of your Auto Malawis x NL and that you realized their potential regarding vigor and yield compared with other indica based autoflowering strains.

It's because the vigor and size of the Malawi sativa geentics infused into this autoflowering strain (and into upcoming ones will are working on). Next year you can plan accordingly with our autos, and provide them bigger pots since the beginning, because to start them in 1 liter pots really limit their potential.

The Bangi Hazes looked splendid after the transplant in early August, hope they dealt well with the terrible hot spanish days of previous month, and wish you also have had a great time summer time ;)

vcasqui

Hey smilley. Yep, you did find it xD But it is from the last summer. I stopped updating it due to many reasons. The plants were harvested between the first and the tenth of Novemeber more or less.

I ended up having 1 male and 2 females (referring to the Bangi Hazes). I tried to collect pollen and pollinate manually but I was not sure how, so I let the male pollinate my 2 females on it's own. I had some external problems, and so I had to rapidly collect the seeds I could and chop them down before they were done. I have what I collected in the freezer ready to make some bubble hash (probably next week or so, when the rain stops), and the rest I had to get rid off (which is sad, because they ended up being big as fuck and I would still have weed for another 4 months).

The ones I was able to properly harvest and dry were the Sweet Thais, the Pulsar, the Botafumeiros and the Automalawis, but the stash is pretty much already gone :). My favourite one of these was the Botafumeiros; nice incense flavour with floral/fruity undertones, pleasant effect with almost no body stone at all.