What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rotovap uses

zanog

By polar I mean an overall subtle polarity. Alcohols I think would be more likely to be absorbed by the wet or dry plant matter, along with the acetic acid that has been recommended for making sure THCA is in the free acid form? Extraction power is supposed to go down with increasing chain length so maybe heptane could use a little boost? And all of my heptane (and ether) comes from starting fluid. I have not done the experiment to test the rate of distillation from a 3 neck flask, but I have had a Buchi for many years and more often than not am instead satisfied with simple distillation without vacuum or stirring and just one neck.
Solubility just came up here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8592650&postcount=33
There are the links you must edit, these are for an online predictor for thc-a-a and thc, I suspect it shows invalid data.
There is the other link at the bottom has the order different at least.

About 3head vs roto: so roto expands surface of the liquid by exposing different parts of it all the time which would be better than stirring I think... So i think you must be right if we use a bigger boiling flask than in the roto for sure, erlenmeyer from steel, a large stainless steel jug?

3head flask would be the same as a 1 head flask with 3 times bigger hole and 3times the condensing "power", Right? Splitting would be worse than not splitting, actually we talking about scaling up i guess. Thoughts?

Edit:
I'm looking around and can't believe there are no simulators around answering these questions. Or I can't find them... yet.
other edit: there are several simulators, I'll look around, maybe I can find that can also predict thca thc solubility in custom solvent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts