What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
freezeland is a strain outta canada workhorse in northern climate and the glue is a gorilla glue #4 i should been been more specific went wrote that. my climate can be unforgiving so try to stick to earlier mold resistant strains

ramse

...There's almost a marine layer in these mtns that block that early morning sun, so getting plants in the right location is the main thing, like I was saying I had alot of guerilla plants that didn't get proper sunlight. Ive literally watched the sun for the last yr almost, watching it's angle and path. The only problem is the prime location is very big lol, it's always crazy fun outdoors.

there are apps that work great for this
point the camera and the application shows you the position of the sun during the year

the app for Android I use is called: Sun Surveyor

there are also others that work well like Sun Locator Pro

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
there are apps that work great for this
point the camera and the application shows you the position of the sun during the year

the app for Android I use is called: Sun Surveyor

there are also others that work well like Sun Locator Pro

Thanks I'll check those out and try to post links. There's another thing Tycho I think had posted last year....thats what I used first last yr to help me track the sun. It's so dense and thick there's alot of variables around here that's why Ive watched it and know were the trees will block your sun. I'm pretty good now at this location but maybe I'll see if it helps with the guerilla location and check into it

Greenthumber

Got a home built to legal standards here in the good ol mitten will be running with pre98xwhiterhino. And mk ultra x kosher kush and also 2 afghan hashplants ( pics of plants are about a week old. The bigger of the two will be transplanted into 25-35 gallon pots here in about a week when my soil is finished cooking. Happy growing all! First year outdoors for me

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats cool! Would be nice to have more airflow! I guess you can't complain when you're allowed to grow in your backyard! Looking forward to seeing how they do! Thanks for sharing!

PDX Dopesmoker

What strain is DFG? Sounds like you've got a plan! Something to consider, I know you have limited light conditions and a lot of animals out there, but I would try to get them out in place as soon as you can! Dad used to tell me the old timer wisdom that, its best to just get crops in the ground as soon as you can so they have time to root in and do their thing. They need root room, once they're rooted in, they will catch up and will be better off when things get hot and dry in the summer. Yields should improve the more days they are in their spot before flowering starts in July/August.

Thats awesome PDX! I've always felt that was the best answer to getting the public conversation going on cannabis. I have so much seed getting old. I need to do that! I guess you could plant unsoaked seed too! Does the soaked seed come up better you think? If you put out good seed , I would think they will come up fine depending on moisture conditions. We need that here. There is censorship online now, our only option is to get active in the 3D world! Thanks for the inspiration!

What is the African supposed to be like? Have you tasted it yet? Where did you get line? Is it a landrace?

Got the garden planted this morning! Was done at 4:20 AM!

Planted mostly the sativa candy spice pheno from my line, and 12 from the mixed seed bag from last year. The sativa candy spice were appealing because they have great resin quality. It has good smell, and strong flavor. The affect is more energetic and has more THC. I would like to breed for a little more indica effect in the resin profile. The seeds have regularly been large and pretty from this phenotype. Flowering is slightly delayed on this pheno, so it actually improves mold resistance because the buds dry out easier! Found a really dense phenotype and I planted those in the backup seedlings to try to improve flower density. I have goals!

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

That garden looks nice, I have a pet idea that the plants do nicer growing as a community rather than as individuals, but the plant count systems encourage growing big individuals instead of groups so a lot of people end up doing it that way instead.
I plant soaked seek because after the seeds are soaked its do or die, dry seed can just sit there and do nothing of get eaten after its planted, but if you water sufficiently after planting that makes dry planted seed go pretty much as if they were soaked. Its easier to just soak them beforehand than walk around with a big bottle of water.
I don't know too much more about African seeds so far other than they came from a trustworthy source. There was a pretty wide variety of seed sizes, but they all had similar looking pattern and color I guess. They all came from one guy, so I guess they're whatever kind of pot that guy likes to grow in Africa. For all I know he ordered a few packs of TGA seeds or whatever else was for sale in High Times and grows those, but whatever it is hopefully its something interesting. Maybes its some kinda mythological super potent African witchdoctor megaweed, got my fingers crossed for that or something else fun.

Greenthumber

Thats cool! Would be nice to have more airflow! I guess you can't complain when you're allowed to grow in your backyard! Looking forward to seeing how they do! Thanks for sharing!
. Yes! I would love to
Be able to have open sides etc. however the facing side in the picture the ground is higher so to make it level the opposing half is about 8 inches off the ground.. contemplating raising the whole thing a tad bit more but we’ll see so far they seem like they’re getting a decent breeze atleast

St. Phatty

attachment.php

The one seedling that couldn't.

I know most people would pull it, but I don't like to ax plants as long as they're trying to make a go of it.

I have a hunch the roots on this plant might be having a problem with the peat pot.

I might lift it out of the soil & peel away the peat pot.

In which case there's a good chance the tiny soil ball will all crumble, and the seedling will be even more destitute.

Have any of you ever had a seedling like this where you did something (besides kill it) and it took off ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_083743_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190511_083743_+__.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20190511_083743_+_wtf_.jpg
    IMG_20190511_083743_+_wtf_.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 32

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Got a home built to legal standards here in the good ol mitten will be running with pre98xwhiterhino. And mk ultra x kosher kush and also 2 afghan hashplants ( pics of plants are about a week old. The bigger of the two will be transplanted into 25-35 gallon pots here in about a week when my soil is finished cooking. Happy growing all! First year outdoors for me

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Dang those are BIG to only be a week old. You got a nice area there to grow a HUGE tree!!!

That DFG is a very fast finishing strain, it's a guerilla grower or somebody that wants to harvest buds in early Septs best friend. It's pretty good smoke, not great but I'd love to have some DFG bud now to smoke as im down in my scraps I call them lol. I'm very eager waiting for my indoor stuff to finish!!!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah thats going to be a huge garden! You have a great start there!

I was thinking about not topping this year to help plants be more stable. What are your thoughts? OG Bub at Hill Temple Collective (HTC) would always say top once in early june at around 1-2 ft tall can improve yields. So thats what I normally do, but I thought about experimenting. I guess I normally top to hold back the fast growers and get everything on the same height to improve canopy closure. I will probably top this year as usual. Which is more stable in a storm? An untopped plant should be more stable I would think.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I never really liked to top a plant. So along time ago Id Supercrop if I needed too. But here recently I started to pinch/fim some plants and they have really exploded and branched out a bunch of tops. Some plants I'll top if I know the strain but im gonna fim most of my stuff.

Im more of a top/fim kinda person more so when the plants seem healthy and ready to top. But I'll try to top a few around the date you mention and see if it works ok for me

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Heard that! I’m 42.5 and man looks like next week it’ll finally stay over 50 for the low

Well we got that really cold weather a few weeks ago down almost to 30s
and some of my plants that was in small containers have started to flower. With them root bound, and temps got cold after it had been normal. Around mid to the end of April is were I try to start.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have seen it a couple times, where the main branch point where the plant was pinched can be a little weaker when they get shaken down by strong thunderstorm fronts. Always mound the soil around the stems to hold them up. Try not to cultivate soil too close to the plants to preserve root structure! I love science! Nursery operation! :smoke:

Greenthumber

Well we got that really cold weather a few weeks ago down almost to 30s
and some of my plants that was in small containers have started to flower. With them root bound, and temps got cold after it had been normal. Around mid to the end of April is were I try to start.

Yeah it got warm for us to then dropped back down after a day or two. They’ve been out since weather has been above 45-48 for the low and are doing good but slow yet and also root bound. This next week is suppose to be no lower than 55 and upper 60s low 70s finally :woohoo:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I almost wish I didn't have plants out during the cold spell we had. But I've transplanted 3 of my container plants, these are plants that Ive had out for awhile and some started to flower. But the ones im transplanting seem ok. I'm trying to not have so many container plants this year. But I want quality stuff in my containers. Ive got a Jack Herer I put in a 15gal grow bag, and Fruity Jack, and San Fernando Lemon Kush from philos, sweet seeds I put in 10gal. I take a shovel or something and loosen the ground under my grow pots when they get put in there final spot. In doing that hopefully once the roots come out the bottom they can get into the ground.

Gdoggg

45 North with mild weather all the way into October. They only real threat is hurricane season.

Got some Beanhoarder Durban x freezeland and God Bud x freezeland crosses going out in 10 gallon living soil pots.

The Durban freeze was my best performer last summer. Can't wait to grow her again.

Will put some of my Mozambiquen Poison freebies outside at my satellite grow spot. I will probably only check on these three times before I harvest them.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've had about 200 NL Auto plants out for a month already. A couple sub-zero nights and several hard frosts kicked the crap out of the weaklings. The weather has been very cold so far with rain every 2 or 3 days and the odd 67 degree day. The most robust will be seeded.

[iframeb]sqcLjcSloXs[/iframeb]

Weather at this time last year was fantastic. This year is exactly the opposite.