What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 on the floor - 12/12 from seed

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Just put 4 beans into peat pellets, after soaking for 2 days. 2 had tails. FMS C99, FMS WW x BB, FMS Iced Grapefruit & Nirvana Super Skunk (fem). They'll be in separate rubbermaid tubs, under a 400w hps. My tent is a 24x48x60. 4" carbon scrubber w/ 130cfm fan. 4" net pots w/ hydroton. Streaming web cam to monitor remotely.

The fun part?

My 90 year old Dad is managing my grow @ his place, as growing where I am isn't possible. His idea. Since the legalization happened here, the folks have been 100% pro-weed - Dad has green thumb & thought the canna would be excellent/productive hobby.

The kicker?

A 12/12 from seed grow.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Much appreciated. :tiphat:

Dad said 3 of 4 are up - some of those beans were 5+ yrs old. Quick sprout after 36 hour soak. I know for sure the Super Skunk is one that is up (it was first).

Everything is being assembled tomorrow - pics as I work, promise.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Couple hours today at Dad's - setting up is tough work lol.

Pics attached. Tent up, light up, fan/filter attached. Tubs ready. Water is sitting, used aquarium water treatment to dispel chlorine & precipitate the chloramine. Air pump & lines ready. The 3 sprouts are WWxBB, C99 & Super Skunk. Waiting on the Iced Grapefruit. Finishing the setup tomorrow.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couple hours today at Dad's - setting up is tough work lol.

Pics attached. Tent up, light up, fan/filter attached. Tubs ready. Water is sitting, used aquarium water treatment to dispel chlorine & precipitate the chloramine. Air pump & lines ready. The 3 sprouts are WWxBB, C99 & Super Skunk. Waiting on the Iced Grapefruit. Finishing the setup tomorrow.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80227&pictureid=1945106&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80227&pictureid=1945107&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80227&pictureid=1945108&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Count me in for the show and are they doc martens on the shelf.?? I can remember many moons ago when I used to wear them that's if they are doc martens bloody good boots they were too.. I had the 14 holers and the 7 or 8 holers cannot remember but seeing them on the shelf fetches memorys back the pistols the upstarts the clash and many more so count me in:tiphat:

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Count me in for the show and are they doc martens on the shelf.?? I can remember many moons ago when I used to wear them that's if they are doc martens bloody good boots they were too.. I had the 14 holers and the 7 or 8 holers cannot remember but seeing them on the shelf fetches memorys back the pistols the upstarts the clash and many more so count me in:tiphat:
Welcome & good eye! Yup - my brother's footwear collection on display.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Peat pellets now in net pots / hydroton, all air & power lines run thru sleeves. Lids not ready, tubs have some water for now.
:woohoo:

R

Rab.C

very nice setup am in for the show...

Darksider Dr Martens were the boots too have growing up.as a young kid you couldnt get dr martens.so you got monkey boots instead lol

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Starting to see some roots poking thru net pots. The Iced Grapefruit seems to be stalled at cotyledons, but I'll give it some time. Some leaf irreg's on both C99 & Super Skunk. WW x BB is biggest & cleanest leaf definition. Bubblers working great - love dwc. Light is approx 18" away from seedlings. Gonna add some nutes starting next week. Tubs drop to 63F during lights off - rise to 71F during lights on. 12/12 is on at night for cheaper rates.
Next on list is couplings for air lines, so I can have sep disconnect for each tub - plus, the lids are just sitting on top, this will allow holes thru lids (less H2O loss).

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
First feed today! Mixed some grow nutes/micro nutes at little better than 50% strength, replaced all 3 tubs with fresh nutes water. Should see some difference soon. Roots coming in nicely. Culled the runt - started a new Iced Grapefruit to replace it.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Made it over to Dad's to check the tent - none of us had been in since the first feeding. Holy shit - they went from seedling to small plants in less than 1 week! The replacement Iced Grapefruit is up, I helped it shed last part of shell stuck to it's cotydelons.

The WW x BB is biggest & bushiest, the C99 is second & the SuperSkunk a close third. The roots are coming along nicely

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Update 060619

Update 060619

Left to right WW x BB, SuperSkunk & C99 :woohoo:

I'm thinking there's a seed problem with the Iced Grapefruit - 2nd bean is also stalling at the coty stage, no sign of second leaves.
My Dad was beaming - he thinks this is awesome - "beautiful plants" "they grow so fast".

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Your dad is a prince, at 90 years, I bet he has a wealth
of experience to bring to this grow, mad props to the both of you!

What kind of work did he do back in the day, and did he serve in the armed forces

Subbed.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Your dad is a prince, at 90 years, I bet he has a wealth
of experience to bring to this grow, mad props to the both of you!

What kind of work did he do back in the day, and did he serve in the armed forces

Subbed.
Thanks! He was an office guy, but grew orchids and roses for years. Blue ribbons galore. He served in his youth, not North America, not in WW2.