What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Darksiders Hunt

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Well guys have a few to choose from this time, thats the only reason, i never put my name forward for OJDs new testing thread, He does a great job at making seeds and maybes i will get in on others in the future, but for now im ok .. The seeds have been sitting in water since friday night they sank within 24 hours and have done nothing since then.. but i was advised by ojd that these are old seeds of years ago but still i allready bought them so had to give them a go. Well here is where we are of ten minutes ago, Must also say i never bought them from ojd... and Real Gorilla Seeds gave me these packets as back up for free.. as only paid for 1 hey dave packet from them so there we go and im guessing that they are regulars as they are not labelled fems or regs we shall see if anyone knows anymore info than what ive read about feel free to chime in anytime. These are sitting in my fishtank under the lid perfect temp and great humidity i think,
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
And more.. also noted the water went a little cloudy in that time too.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dont think the hey dave ones above will show there heads so decided to put the UK Chems in give them a go, popped into water 5 minutes ago.
picture.php

Last edited:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I dont like tissue tek. I feel beans miss out on the chance to have hormones and beneficial bacteria on them to get them going before pathogens do that way.

Beans that dont pop when soaking i stick under some vermicompost and leave them and 50% of the time the hormones and growth factors get them to pop within a week.

Best way ive found is to sterilise little plastic measuring cups inside a tupperware with boiling water and h2o2 then rinse out with boiling water. then I mix a few ml of EM1 microbes and kelp with boiled and cooled RO water and stick them in for 3 to 4 days, if no tails in to tiny pots any way with beneficials and vermicompost. i just got 100% germ on some decade old Grapevine and Rez gear.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks for looking in Lost in a SOG and mr brunch much appreciated and thanks for the advice Lost in a SOG wish i had seen the post earlier as i do have some h2o2 in my arsenal but have went and ordered some GA3 GIBERELLIC ACID SEED GERMINATION AND PLANT GROWTH whilst reading about it on another forum ah well maybes it will come in handy we will see :tiphat:

Edit..24 hours later and all the uk chem have sank and are now in the tub inside the fishtank

Also ordered a micrometer for cracking seeds ..

Hopefully that might help we shall see in time ..

picture.php

Well hey dave beans still not doing anything as expected,, so since my micrometer has landed,, time it went to use and we shall see if it helps or not either way just an experiment for me trial and error todays date 17.04.2019 .
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I cannot for the love of money get the seeds to stand straight if there was an indentation in the tool it would be a lot easier so these have been cracked sideways instead.

Last edited:

thailer

i have problems soaking seeds when i leave the water out at room temp. they always pop when i put the water on a seed heat mat at 77F. sometimes i think it's warm enough but i put them on a mat after no seeds pop and right away they will pop a tail.

edit: now i notice the fish....thats pretty creative way to warm them.

bilko

Thanks for looking in Lost in a SOG and mr brunch much appreciated and thanks for the advice Lost in a SOG wish i had seen the post earlier as i do have some h2o2 in my arsenal but have went and ordered some GA3 GIBERELLIC ACID SEED GERMINATION AND PLANT GROWTH whilst reading about it on another forum ah well maybes it will come in handy we will see :tiphat:

Edit..24 hours later and all the uk chem have sank and are now in the tub inside the fishtank

Also ordered a micrometer for cracking seeds ..

Hopefully that might help we shall see in time ..

View Image

Well hey dave beans still not doing anything as expected,, so since my micrometer has landed,, time it went to use and we shall see if it helps or not either way just an experiment for me trial and error todays date 17.04.2019 .View Image View Image View Image

I cannot for the love of money get the seeds to stand straight if there was an indentation in the tool it would be a lot easier so these have been cracked sideways instead.
strange looking tool good luck brother take care of the fish:biggrin:

always late, but hope you dont mind me taggin along.

Hows dem seeds doing? Did you manage to get it sorted?
I like that seed thingy.

I got lots of old seeds, which have been through rough times.
This would be helpful i rekon with the harder shells..

What does the cloudy water signify? Ive had that happen too with various seeds/
Is it the nutrients held within seed escaping in diluted form?
or bad bacteria?

Either way, im here to watch and learn.
Wishing you much success . :tiphat:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
always late, but hope you dont mind me taggin along.

Hows dem seeds doing? Did you manage to get it sorted?
I like that seed thingy.

I got lots of old seeds, which have been through rough times.
This would be helpful i rekon with the harder shells..

What does the cloudy water signify? Ive had that happen too with various seeds/
Is it the nutrients held within seed escaping in diluted form?
or bad bacteria?

Either way, im here to watch and learn.
Wishing you much success . :tiphat:

Youre more than welcome to tag along m8 your girls look great. nice job. The seeds are still sitting under the lid but last night my fishtank heater blew so not so good for the seeds waiting in for delivery now,, that seed thingy is just for that hard old seeds nothing else what I will use it for.. as for cloudy water im unsure in a fish tank its a bacteria bloom I think so maybes youre right some sort of bacteria its all a learning path for me too and thanks for dropping in much appreciated..

And brother bilko thanks too and take care of yourself..:)

R

Rab.C

hey darksider all the best with the grow. i am interested in these strains too maybe i will run them next grow.could you not use blue tack too stand seed up in micrometer

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
hey darksider all the best with the grow. i am interested in these strains too maybe i will run them next grow.could you not use blue tack too stand seed up in micrometer

Just a heads up Rab.C buy fresh seeds... Anyhow this is the last old ones what I will be trying as I would of expected at least one to pop but no nothing as of yet looks like fifty quid down the drain,. but we live and learn. and as for the blue tack don't think that will be needed as no more OLD Stock getting bought by me EVER but cheers for the idea m8. Well I should of kept the cheesedog but seeing thailer has a diary on the go thought I would try the others and gave the cheesedog away as of last night but put the last East Coast Cookie X Haze in water and GA3 expecting nothing to happen so sorry about this diary lads will make it up in the future and just to add.. THESE SEEDS WHERE NOT BOUGHT FROM OJD.. Bought From Real Gorilla Seeds... Anyhow heres probablys the last photos of these ones stay safe guys.
Seeds in containers are uk chem and hey dave .
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

One in the glass East Coast Cookie X Haze in water and GA3

Last edited:

thailer

thats a huge bummer!! no more cheesedog?? dang! i hope these beans pop for you!! OJD is offering free packs to folks today in barcelona. maybe you should contact him and ask if he would be willing to help ya.

R

Rab.C

Sorry To hear about the seeds not germing Darksider.hope you get good germ rate with the new seeds.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks for looking in guys appreciated :tiphat:

@ thailer.. Cheesedog no more m8.. passed on to a friend of mine late last night, He did not want the East Coast Cookie X Haze that's the only reason they are sitting in water and ga3 and asking for help is good sometimes but this time is not one of them occasions, especially since these seeds were not bought from OJD.. not his problem.. but a good thought all the same :biggrin:. No man im ok. have others on standby.. Will be doing a different thread just waiting on my big lights coming just hope they are not to big for my space :biggrin:
Hey Rab C these new seeds are fresh came direct from the breeder so will be good going almost guaranteed and will be going under the new lights .. Once again cheers guys for looking in much appreciated.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Sorry to hear about those seeds mate, I hope the next ones more than reward you
All the best

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about bad germ rates but i did advise you that these seeds have germination issues from not being stored properly.
Put your name down in the test thread and il make sure you get a few packs to check out .

Peace

Sorry to hear about that.
gotta keep it movin...and with new packs on offer,
id say you will be sorted!:tiphat:

Ive always wondered how these seed distributors keep seeds?
Big fridge, or is just some stoners in a room sorting seeds, lol.
I was shocked when i walked in another forum/seed selling site.
Manz were sitting in the heat, sorting seeds out. I was like 'dam, didnt even bother with a fridge. lol.
I bought online from that day, but just hoping they have better storage quality than what i witnessed.

Back in the day when packages were not sealed, i always used to feel im having to trust
the shop person/saleman more than the breeder..
which didnt make sense to me.

Hope you had a gr8 4/20 m8
onwards and upwards...good things comin.:dance013::dance013:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Sorry to hear about bad germ rates but i did advise you that these seeds have germination issues from not being stored properly.
Put your name down in the test thread and il make sure you get a few packs to check out .

Peace

You did at that OJD and thanks for the Generous offer to test some of your work again and as I have no more CSG seeds. It will be an honour too :tiphat:..I must also state that the Real Gorilla Seeds has kindly offered a solution to the issue concerning the germ rate which is appreciated and as of todays date 10.05.2019 and messages sent between us things have changed in terms of me receiving replacement seeds :)

@StickyHands
Thanks for your support much appreciated :tiphat:

@mr.brunch
Thanks mr brunch support appreciated :tiphat:

Onwards and Upwards :)

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
My last post mentioned onwards and upwards.. I think it was meant to say flushed and downwards. final photos,, Would of fed them to the birds but they were steeping in GA3 so decided not too... R.I.P. OLD SEEDS.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GONE TO SEED HEAVEN.