What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2019

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
busy week this week

-ordering new soil
-amending old soil
-building hoophouses

The soil we want to order is "Big Roots" from Soil King in northern california. I have some friends who used it and loved it, they sent me the soil analysis and it seems decent to me, plus it is available now so i dont have to worry about waiting on a mixing yard. It is a bit expensive though, over $150/yd i think. Still cheaper than bagged soil though...

I'm still open to suggestions though. Anybody up in NorCal getting bulk soil this year? what kind?

GlaZed420

busy week this week

-ordering new soil
-amending old soil
-building hoophouses

The soil we want to order is "Big Roots" from Soil King in northern california. I have some friends who used it and loved it, they sent me the soil analysis and it seems decent to me, plus it is available now so i dont have to worry about waiting on a mixing yard. It is a bit expensive though, over $150/yd i think. Still cheaper than bagged soil though...

I'm still open to suggestions though. Anybody up in NorCal getting bulk soil this year? what kind?

I looked into Big Rootz as I'm only 90 minutes from their main location but it's so light and expensive. It's incredibly fluffy

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I looked into Big Rootz as I'm only 90 minutes from their main location but it's so light and expensive. It's incredibly fluffy
Good to know. Light and fluffy soil is good for starts but not so much for full-season mounds. We are looking for a bulk mix that doesnt need anything else added right away. I dont want to get bagged soil this year, too much trash.. I would order a custom blend but dont want to wait very long, we need soil asap.

Good weather today, going to continue work on our hoophouses. Just trying to handle everything before the seed starts need to be transplanted.

I get “super soil” which is a mixture of organic compost and loan delivered for $40/yd. Then I add north country pro for organic fertilizer to it.

Wicked cheap and crushes

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
This year I may experiment with compost amended native soil. $150/yd for Big Rootz may be well worth it.

soil analysis for
harvest compost: https://imgur.com/a/7S1ADER

we love our native soil, i plan on amending it this year. we sent samples to a couple labs for analysis before we proceed. however our big mounds are mostly a mix of peat, compost, and pumice. They have been compacted/eroded over the years so I want to add more soil to them and we can't use our native for this purpose, too many rocks...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I get “super soil” which is a mixture of organic compost and loan delivered for $40/yd. Then I add north country pro for organic fertilizer to it.

Wicked cheap and crushes

Where do you get it from? have you had the mix analyzed by a lab?

I have crushed it with lots of different soils but since we are mostly just adding to existing mounds and beds I want something easy that's already mixed, tested , proven and readily available which points me to the big roots this year. it is not cheap but I have gotten cheap soil in the past and it was not worth the savings.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Strains for 2019

Strains for 2019

This is our roster for the first round of starts.

from other people:

- Mandarina - (Trichome Jungle Seeds)
- Tipi OG - (Trichome Jungle Seeds)
- Sour Mandarina - (Trichome Jungle Seeds)
- Face on Fire - (Archive Seeds)
- Cluster Bomb - (Archive Seeds)
- Satsuma - (Bodhi Seeds)
- Space Monkey - (Bodhi Seeds)
- Three Queens - (Csi Humboldt)
- Rugburn OG - (Rare Dankness Seeds)
- Happy Place - (Strayfox Genetics)
- Fire OG x Jerry Kush - (Mendo Seeds)
- Bloody Legend - (backyardfarmer)
- Tropicanna Cookies f2 - (Oni Seed Co)
- Royal Kush - (Mandelbrot)
- White Larry - (Skunkhouse Genetics)

made myself:

- Sprite - (Black Lime Reserve x Ancient OG)
- Purple Sprite - (Sprite x Ancient OG)
- Big Bang - (Space Monkey x Ancient OG)
- Original Glue x Ancient OG
- Zkittles x Ancient OG
- Face On Fire x Ancient OG
- Ancient OG F2
- Ancient OG F3
- Ancient OG F4

Here are the starts today, it's their last week in a grow tent getting ready to go outside soon. We had some minor issues with using too many lights, stressed them out a little but they are improving now, looking perky and green.

wMpnKpjh.jpg

caliprop215

Veteran
busy week this week

-ordering new soil
-amending old soil
-building hoophouses

Nice start man. I'll be watching. I buy bulk yards of happy hippie mix for 100 a yard
.no complaints from me yet

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Nice start man. I'll be watching. I buy bulk yards of happy hippie mix for 100 a yard
.no complaints from me yet

thanks but we’ve used that one in the past and it didnt perform very well, also happy hippie needs to be amended which i am trying to avoid, i want something thats gassed up and ready to roll. we ordered the Big Roots, 40yards for 6k which isnt too bad. peace!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
working on a hoop house today. we're still waiting for the wiggle wire to arrive to attach the plastic but I am hoping to get everything else done. Soil is coming on Wednesday and our starts are ready to go outside soon.

Oldtowncannabis

Nice!

Nice!

Dude I just got back on IcMag like a billion years later, and the only name I could remember was yours... I used to love following your grows. Glad to see you are still around, and from the looks... still killing it.

Green mojo your way bro, cheers for a fat season. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts