What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing some Ganja

Anjey

Thanks a lot Syd, I am excited, and hello all, with some new pics...

I had to harvest Zamaldelica early sadly. The PM mostly staved off but started a new surge of fungus and it was time. I wish I could see her to her full fruition. The nice thing about her is that through her sativa flushes her older flushes are mature and even amber. And she forms these lovely calyx stack nugs. In part thats why I'm thinking she can finish in our climate to some extent, she did last year surviving a frost or two in a rootbound pot to accelerate flowering. I've been liking the idea of crossing her with a male Erdpurt and a male blueberry and then crossing those two next year and feel like I'll have a really interesting selection for my climate.
I started my seedlings and the Erdpurts are so nice, so plump seeds very fast germination. I started 16 and of the 14 are already up 3 or 4 are trifoliates which is pretty cool. Maybe some twins also but I may have double seeded, but two have two up.

Z4, rich mango carrot pepper bubblegum with accelerating effect.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Anjey

Here is Juanita Panama, very relaxing but not sleepy, lemony incense fruit funk. I think the Panama really shines in this one with her possibilities and refined elegance of form and effect.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Anjey,

Every time i see your Zamaldelica selection always comes to my mind 'What a beautiful and elegant lady!' :)

If you want to breed with her to produce a seed line that will finish earlier at your latitude/climate, yet preserving most of the qualities of your female and Zamaldelica strain, then i think the best choice would be to cross your Zamaldelica regular with an Auto Zamaldelica (reversed). The resultant hybrid will be very Zamaldelica dominant but with a much earlier flowering onset. I also like the sound of crossing her with ErdPurt or Blueberry males although these breeding directions will change a lot Zamaldelica chemotype and terpene profile, but can bring to interesting new 'territories'.

The Juanita x Panama fem cross looks much more better developed in this second run ;) I would increase the feeding a bit with her as she looks hungry and still have a few weeks to finish. Panama Goddess really shines in all her hybrids with her vigor, great flower traits and resins and with her signature lemony incensey terpene profile and lovely effects.

I really thank you for you will on testing this new hybrid as i think you are the first one to do it and share some feedback about it, which is much appreciated.

Anjey

Hello all, yes Dubi nice to say and think about her our Zamaldelica she is very lovely :) so she is inspiring to do work with and keep.... i dont have those auto zamaldelicas but that could be nice to try. ive also never reversed and am not sure how i feel about it as a process but it would sure be useful in this case to keep her most similar to as she is now and be able to grow a great first female generation...

i was thinking about growing out Z4 outdoor this year, seeding her with a Zamaldelica male from her seeds saved last year so backcrossing - this is my first time trying to write this out so im not sure the terminology or clarity but if anyone is interested or has any input...

Z4 x Z Male F1 - indoor earlier this year
(Z4 x Z Male) x Z4 F2 - outdoor this year
x
Z4 x bluedigiberry f1 males outdoor this year
(Z4 x bluedigiberry) x z4 backcrossed seeds next year
as well as seeding and selecting the f1 Z4 x bluedigiberry seperately next year for their f2s and taking it from there for the year after, seeing which combos are working best...

it seems like a good first more intentional selection project for our land. we love the z4 for many before mentioned reasons her effect and aroma are wonderful high yielding strong clear effect, last summer did successfully harvest her in a constricted pot outdoors she was okay, she survived 2 frosts - successional flowerings that mature so her earlier calyxs can function.. crossing with the blueberry, harvestable in less than 50 days, best resistance to PM of all my plants, excellent blueberry some diesely aromas and tastes as well as a clear and uplifting effect, strong vigor in flowering plant some hermy tendencies - this Z4 has no herm traits I have seen. this blueberry is also very squat.

@deepwaterdude hello thanks i am a big fan of yours and your work

here is a the blueberry mom males will be from (fathers were a couple of blueberry males)
picture.php

Anjey

We harvested the Juanita la Lagrimosa X Panamas. Went pretty well mold wise, harvested some branches early, pulled overall on the early side for Jp2 but maybe just about right for the jp1 and 3.
not sure what to cross these with to keep them into the future. Will have erpdurt and blueberry males as two good options. oily and resinous fairly dense buds.

jp2 is a favorite more sativa like growth most complex and delicious smell and taste. all have a good uplifting non anxious mellow high sometimes verging on sleepy but not too much so.
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Anjey

@Koon thanks brotha always love your grows of course :)

@Humbl thank you! Looking forward to your granite grow :)

Forgot to mention, the pics of the Juanita Panama are about 8 weeks 3 days, harvestable then I think. Very fast in my opinion for such buddage!

Anjey

Juanita Panama #1 - she's got a light strawberry aroma very nice. I find the lemon incense takes a little to develop on these. But the aromas are complex and delightful.

Fairly dense, this handful coming in at over 20g
picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Superb buds, I'm hungry now :)
Could you guess the thc/cbd ratio in this cross? Interesting genes with huge potential.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks indeed wonderful Anjey:) Congrats on the harvest!

The flowers look top notch despite the minor deficiencies in flowering. You can be proud of your gardening skills :yes:

If you have next generation seeds from your Zamaldelica Z4 produced with a Zamaldelica male from the same pack then those seeds would be perfect to find related males to start the backcrossing project, by proper selection of the males (select the ones that remind you Z4 the most) and doing at least a couple of backcrosses you will be able to produce an IBL of your Z4 that preserves her qualities in a consistent way.

Z4 crossed with good blue males sounds like music to my ears too ;) I'm salivating thinking how well the terpenes and effects can combine.

Regarding Juanita x Panama outcrosses, guess it depends on your breeding goals.
If you want to infuse more CBD then (Juanita/Panama) x ErdPurt would the way to go.
Juanita is highly related with Cannatonic (if not the same) and our CBD #1 is a stabilized hybrid between Cannatonic S1 and ErdPurt so i know from first hand experience that this breeding route produces great results, and the touch of Panama Goddess will make wonders too. Indeed the straight cross between these CBD rich Diesel lines (Juanita/Cannatonic) and ErdPurt produced my favorite terpenes, resin and effects from this genetic combo (mainly due to heterosis), but it didn't produced the stabilized CBD rich chemotypes i was looking for, so i had to inbred it (with lab assistance) to finally produce CBD #1 with a stabilized CBD rich chemotype.

If you prefer to breed for THC chemotypes then try the (Juanita/Panama) x Blueberry cross.

Unfortunately i cannot taste (i wish! :D) your different Juanita x Panama parent plants neither i know their chemotypes, but based on their look, JP #2 is more related to the Skunk/Haze genotype from Juanita, while #1 and #3 have more Panama Goddess influence.

Anjey

Hi all, Koon I cannot guess really but #1 I would guess is most CBD as she is most relaxing calm introspective non chatty stabilizing type. The other two and all of them are really pretty strong I find... but again we don't find CBD weak from our Erdpurt or this. Pretty strong effect from both... dispensary weed we have tried with CBD classics we have found very weak.
Dubi, I always look forward to your posts and info. I will go ahead with the Z4 backcross and Blue project (you can have some seeds in the future if you want :biggrin: come to Maine and yes it would be my honor to roll you a joint :) )

I am thinking about what to cross into the genetics of yours I have saved otherwise other than the Erdpurt, Blueberry, and Snow Moon males I will have. I have a ZKC, Red Sapphire (green very resilient resinous pheno), 3 JuanPan in clone form.
The Blueberry is a fairly sativa like effect, yet I want to preserve some more sativa like structures of the JxP and otherwise to work towards breeding sativa structures/effects in my climate.
I was looking at Nepal Jam from your work as a good potential option for a male. I've been interested in the Baglung Nepal generally as a candidate as well. Do you have any recommendations?
Hope you are all well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Anjey,

I think with the 'pure' Zamaldelica backcross and the Blueberry and ErdPurt outcrosses you cover pretty well your options,
i only would consider others if you try hard with these current breeding routes on the table, yet you don't succeed.

Anjey

Sounds good Dubi sound advice. I will focus on what we have already for this year. I will post updates on this thread. Just to clarify though I was contemplating not regarding the Zam Blue or Erdpurt cross but a JuanitaPan x Nepal Jam cross for example, something so that I could also maintain something in seed form from the Juanita line. But I suppose the Erdpurt and Blueberry males should suffice well enough for this. I also which I think you are implying need to focus on what I have to make sure I can do it well.

Anjey

Hi all, Dubi. Here is this cross we made of Auto Malawi x Erdpurt. Saw on your R + D just now you have made all kinds of crosses with Erdpurt. We were planning on the same. Most all of the genetics we are growing this year are yours. I would post more pics but it is difficult from phone.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The first two pics a male about a week ago he has developed a lot since then. The lady was yesterday. Some limited PM shown in a foggy humid spell.

They have good strong Erdpurt like aromas maybe made more intense by the Auto Malawi. Some hollow strong stems chunky branching. This is in coastal North eastern US 44 degrees. Maybe in for a late August early September crop which is very good for my climate.