What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing some Ganja

SolarLogos

I like your grow room setup, you put a lot of thought into it. Plants look happy too! I'm very interested in this, particularly to see how the OTH does. I have that coming up this spring and haven't yet decided whether to go coco or dirt.
Peace, God bless

Anjey

Hello friends, thanks Solar. The OTH seem to be taking well to their soil. I lowered their light schedule to 11/13 now, the other two lights are still at 12/12 but I'll lower them soon as well. Hoping to trigger flowering for the hazes on the early side.
Temps are between 60-83f, usually right around 77 day time, 50% humidity. Its a little over 5 weeks now into flower. They may have gone a little slowly for the first week or two overcoming their rootboundness and stuntedness of childhood. I think the soil is doing well. There are many bugs in it. Little white ones and red ones and jumping ones and ants. Occasional fungus gnats and root aphids, these are the only ones we kill by hand. I water maybe 1.5 times a week a nice deep watering. This time with sprouted corn fermented for a couple days and aloe/brown sugar fermented for a week or two and both aerated into cool water for two days.
OTH about a month old now:
picture.php

Z11:
picture.php

Lebanese:
picture.php

Very squat, frosty, white SM pheno:
picture.php

Last edited:

Anjey

SM6, a lot of the SM are getting pinker, they are all smelling great and getting very sticky:

picture.php

A different SM:
picture.php

Z4 is the closest on the left:

picture.php

Anjey

Hey all, around week 7 now.

I had two hermies, a Leb and a Zamal (Z11) with quite a few nanners, and one Snow Moon had two. I had noticeable but very small light leaks; I haven't grown indoors in a while and it still amazes me how sensitive the plants are so I thought to experiment. I think and hope the light was the issue, I have fixed it. I pulled a leb as I wasn't too happy with it relative to its sister and I thought to make hash with it. Z11 I will keep in for a little while longer, I would like to be able to get something smokeable from her. I don't know if plants stop throwing nanners once the light issue is corrected or if they will continue regardless. I will have to cull her if she keeps throwing so many ( we are plucking them now.)

Regarding the beds: soil pulls away from the sides. I noticed fungus gnats were able to breed by going down the sides to access more water from deeper soil levels and avoid getting dried out. I've packed the sides down to form a better seal and will continue to do so, it helped the problem.

The hazes are hazily showing sex. I have 3 males, 1 is beautiful and bushy and darker green and the other taller lighter green with intense branching. The third similar to the second but less strong. They have all been topped and cloned. I will make seeds with them and hope to save them until I can grow many out in the tropics and save in clone form at least a male so I can always grow one out and have some fresh pollen if I ever want to mess with a direct Haze cross. I am also hoping to make a cross with Golden Tiger x OT so to incorporate Ace's work with GT into the unworked OT to make a more fruitful cultivar for me in my current stage. I appreciate these genetics and all the work that has been done to preserve them.

Z4, she is to me a very impressive plant, rich smell, beautiful, strong, fast growing, vigorous rooting clones (pics after watering and near bedtime:

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sweet updates Anjey :)

So happy to see you are dealing so well growing such different genetics in the same indoor cabinet.

Beautiful phenos of Snow Moon, early flowering, resinous, easy to grow, aromatic, ....
Lebanese is mainly an outdoor line and she is not yet completely sexually stable in its current P3 breeeding stage for indoor growing. Some lebanese individuals can certainly produce some bananas indoors, same for Zamaldelica regular, it's less tamed, outdoor and tropical and therefore certain Zamaldelica regular individuals can also show some bananas indoors, while Zamaldelica fem version is very sexually stable both indoors and outdoors.

Glad to see you are also giving a try to Oldtimer's Haze indoors, get ready for an adventure. ;)
Once the Oldtimer's Haze seedlings are well established is a good choice to already start the flowering with a 11/13 photoperiod to avoid they get too big or they flower for too long.

Thanks for all the updates and best wishes for the upcoming weeks of flowering.

Anjey

Hi all, Dubi, thanks again for what you are all doing at Ace, really makes me enjoy growing ganja more.
Nearing week 11 now. I had a lot of light leaks regarding hermies regarding stability but I hear what you are saying that they still have some herm proclivities. One of the Leb's was the worst of the bunch and I harvested the other early as well. Low yield, too early, very interesting structure, pretty amazing carrot like terpenes on them which extended nicely into the somewhat cured weed and the hash as well.
The longer flowering Snow Moon's yielded nicely, have succulent sweet lemony sticky floral earthy some berry fruit style aromas. Lots of nice trim and good hash. Balancing in a way effect, mildly stony, relaxing, but doesn't descend into sleepiness.

The 5 Red Sapphires were transplanted ~2 weeks ago into bigger pots and were put into flowering a few days ago. They are growing fast and I think they are beautiful.
picture.php
picture.php

The Oldtimers Haze were started at 12/12 and have had increasing darkness after the first month. They are around 10.5/13.5 now, but they also get some "sunset sunrise" style light from the other lights in the room. I have it mildy shaded from the other lights.
picture.php
picture.php

Anjey

Zamaldelicas:
Tall, chunky, resinous, sweet fragrant plant
picture.php
picture.php

The herm friend, more light perfume aroma, smaller but denser nugs
picture.php

Very chunky squat low aroma:
picture.php

picture.php

Anjey

Golden Tiger coming in, this ones got very slender leaves. If anyone can give any comments on phenotype leaning of any of these strains I would appreciate it.
picture.php

picture.php

G

Sweet update brother!:) Man your zams all look great but that first one...This looks like zamal leaning IMO,while the leaves on GT are very thai.All of them are beauties.Looking forward to see how the OTHs turn out.

Good luck! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Anjey for the lovely update :)

Nice to see the Red Sapphires, Oldtimer's Hazes and and GT getting ready for the flowering. The GT looks indeed quite Thai influenced based on growing traits.

The first Zamaldelica is a very nice Zamal/Thai pheno, the second one looks and sounds (based on your description of her terpenes) closer to Gerrit's Zamal A, and the third one is an uncommon squat and fatty pheno, quite rare to find in Zamaldelica regular lines.

Wish you the best for the flowering stage of the new strains! :tiphat:

Anjey

Thanks for the info, the first one (Z4) also has a lovely fruity mango smell:
picture.php

The squat pheno, didn't get a clone of her but shes got some safe seeds from a nice bushy stinky strong Zamaldelica boy.

picture.php

The plants are coming along, the Red Sapphires are very vigorous and headed strong into flowering. Some are a deep purple on their leaves already. Two of the GTs have shot up and one is squatter and faster. And The Zamaldelica x Kali China's are gearing up into flowering too. It is still cold here, some nights in the upper 30's, but we got some Bangi Hazes outside going strong. Nice to have some plants outside, and I love their skunky fruity aroma.

Here is a Bangi Haze I stuck to an empty corner some weeks ago - a bit seeded with Oldtimers Haze pollen, the boy got a little bit more out there than is maybe ideal for smoking but will all be good in the end.
picture.php

Anjey

Thanks DWD! following your thread... you and others have made me very interested in trying the A5 Haze :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Anjey,

The tall, chunky, resinous and sweet fragrant Zamaldelica is indeed a fine lady :kiss: She has plenty of desirable traits with a great blend of influence coming from the 3 sativas involved in Zamaldelica.
The squatty one is a really massive Malawi pheno, with tons of hybrid vigor.

Your Bangi Haze look interesting as well. How are her terpene profile and resin production in late flowering ? A cross between Bangi Haze and Oldtimer's Haze should produce a very dangerous electric sativa. :D

The GT you showed in your post #30 has the Malawi look, but with thinner stems and leaves from the Thai, so i guess it's a balanced Malawi/Thai pheno, but let's wait to see its flowering traits.

Good luck with the Red Sapphire, Zamaldelica x Kali China (i think you are going to like both) and of course with the Oldtimer's Haze too. :tiphat:

Anjey

Hi all,

I harvested the Zamals. Z4 the one you are speaking of Dubi, she has got a really intoxicating aroma, something like a sweet fruity cheese complexity. A few days before harvest had spread up a nug to check for mold and was just wafted with her aroma which welled up some euphoria in me, I turned to my friend to tell him my experience and he said he was feeling the same from her smell. I am excited for the next more production of sinsemilla oriented runs of her.

picture.php

This is a different GT than the one in post #30. She is very squat relative, stretched maybe 2/5 in comparison to the other two ladies. We have a note on her from when she was in very early veg that she showed resin, and she put on a ton early on in flower. It isn't the clearest in this pic but shes got quite a bit on her fan leaves as well.

picture.php
picture.php

Here is the seeded Bangi, I think it has pretty good resin production. The smell is pungent, to us fairly different from the strain descreption, and leaning towards a sort of diesely skunky piney style with some sharper sweetness earlier on. We also have a couple of Bangis outside and they are loving it.

picture.php

Anjey

The Red Sapphires are coming along, their resin production is pretty incredible to me, they are coated. We are happy to have clones of them all, has so far been a pleasure to grow and stunning plants with great aromas. One very colored one with variegated leaves did throw some hermies, this was also a bit before light leaks were 100%, but she threw quite a bit. We put her outside in the cold and she is turning almost black out there but finishing hopefully. I got 2/5 green and 3/5 red, here are two of the reds:

picture.php
picture.php

ZxKC also been stunning, fragrant and extremely resinous. Have 3 nice different phenos to choose from, all with great character.

picture.php

OTH doing their thing - we pulled out and transplanted the male after leaving him in there a bit too long and his seed make his way around to all the plants, for good and for bad :). Also one of them ended up being a true hermaphrodite showing both male balls and female pistils. We culled her.

picture.php

SolarLogos

The Red Sapphires are coming along, their resin production is pretty incredible to me, they are coated. We are happy to have clones of them all, has so far been a pleasure to grow and stunning plants with great aromas. One very colored one with variegated leaves did throw some hermies, this was also a bit before light leaks were 100%, but she threw quite a bit. We put her outside in the cold and she is turning almost black out there but finishing hopefully. I got 2/5 green and 3/5 red, here are two of the reds:

View Image View Image

ZxKC also been stunning, fragrant and extremely resinous. Have 3 nice different phenos to choose from, all with great character.

View Image

OTH doing their thing - we pulled out and transplanted the male after leaving him in there a bit too long and his seed make his way around to all the plants, for good and for bad :). Also one of them ended up being a true hermaphrodite showing both male balls and female pistils. We culled her.

View Image
Nice job Anjey, the OTH shot up so fast! They look great, what a nice pics. Can wait to see each OTH's individual flower expressions.
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts