What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco DTW can’t get it to work :-(

UncleBens

Just out of interest, what ec would people be using if watering 1x per day? I'm using the light feeding schedule as per the canna grow guide and the plants are looking a darker green than I usually like. Didnt get this when hand watering with the same ec though(first time using the drippers for ages).

Ok an update and some pictures finally. One room has gone well and has no noticeable ntox with properly developed buds, the only thing is it looks ready and its only 6 weeks? I'll try and get some pictures for that.

My real concern is this one. They looked like they were dong great so I added a bit more light and upped the feed to 1.1/1.2 also feeding 4 x daily and now I think they may be getting nitrogen toxicity. I'm worried it's going to f up again.

What do people think?
Bush_DR?

What could I do to salvage these are 14 days in to flower. I'm thinking along the lines of:-
Turn additional lighting off
Flush with 1/4 strength nutes
Feed less often

Is there anything else I could do? Really appreciate any suggestions.

The pics are taken through some blue tinted grow glasses so the colour maybe off.

Thanks

Attachments

• esto es una curiosidad y una barbaridad que he hecho, 
es una de las peach hermafroditas, la arranq
    esto es una curiosidad y una barbaridad que he hecho, es una de las peach hermafroditas, la arranq
    43 KB · Views: 39
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 14
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 13

gr866

Veteran
Hope you don't mind if I chime in a bit. This is from a post from a few years ago, I pick this up and made it readable.
This has been my standard for the past number of grows.

LESS IS MORE
200 - 300 ppm of A&B for veg
400 - 500 ppm of A&B for flower

Cal/Magic to A&B ratio
150 ppm/200 ppm = 350
100 ppm/3ooppm = 400
50 ppm/ 400 ppm= 450
Here is a chart the gives the ratios of Calcium in given ppm of A&B.
This is based on slightly rough math but is very close to correct in my experience.
A&B/Calcium
3 ml/gal = .4 EC = 200 ppm with around 44 ppm of calcium
4.5 ml/gal = .6 EC = 300 ppm with around 66 ppm of calcium
6.2 ml/gal = .8 EC = 400 ppm with around 88 ppm of calcium
7.7 ml/gal = 1 EC = 500 ppm with around 112 ppm of calcium
9.2 ml/gal = 1.2 EC = 600 ppm with around 135 ppm of calcium

To my RO/rain water I add 1+ grams of Epsom and 1 to 2 ml of Cal/Magic.
5.8 pH
Drip clean for the win.

Silica as a pH up, if needed, in veg only.

This Calcium information is purely based on a Canna schedule, using Cal/Magic As I stated, once you hit around 700 ppm you no longer need Cal/Magic.

I use GH Cal/Magic and Epsom. When I use RO or rainwater (2-5 ppm) I add Cal/Magic and Epsom to bring my #'s close to 200 ppm, then begin adding the base nutes. I use Canna Coco's line of nutes but I back off of their A&B recommended rates, they are way high, IMHO. For example, in veg I will add only 200 to 300 ppm of A&B, in flower 400 ppm. Now that rate does not give me the Cal ratio needed. You need around 150 ppm of calcium alone.....so even if when I'm at 200 ppm if I only added 100 ppm of Cal/Magic, only 75 is calcium so I would still be short. I would need to add approx.140 ppm of Cal/Magic to reach my desired number.
I use full rates of Cannazym and Rhizotonic. I use Liquid KoolBloom instead of P/K and this grow I have begun using Green Tree instead of Boost.

Currently I am @ day 39 of flower (60 to 70 days anticipated), and am at 750 ppm, 1.5 EC - 0.4 starting EC, so 1.1 EC.

Barneys Farm LSD, Five plant horizontal, LST only
Picture taken on 3/1

Pics taken on 3/2

GR

Last edited:
Fixable with less nutes?

Do you think I should just feed less from now on I.e 0.8 or should I drop it really low for a few days so they use up the extra N stored in them like running 0.6 for a bit

As always any suggestions very much appreciated.

I feel I’ve nearly got it cracked with everyone’s help

Hope you don't mind if I chime in a bit. This is from a post from a few years ago, I pick this up and made it readable.
This has been my standard for the past number of grows.

LESS IS MORE
200 - 300 ppm of A&B for veg
400 - 500 ppm of A&B for flower

Cal/Magic to A&B ratio
150 ppm/200 ppm = 350
100 ppm/3ooppm = 400
50 ppm/ 400 ppm= 450
Here is a chart the gives the ratios of Calcium in given ppm of A&B.
This is based on slightly rough math but is very close to correct in my experience.
A&B/Calcium
3 ml/gal = .4 EC = 200 ppm with around 44 ppm of calcium
4.5 ml/gal = .6 EC = 300 ppm with around 66 ppm of calcium
6.2 ml/gal = .8 EC = 400 ppm with around 88 ppm of calcium
7.7 ml/gal = 1 EC = 500 ppm with around 112 ppm of calcium
9.2 ml/gal = 1.2 EC = 600 ppm with around 135 ppm of calcium

To my RO/rain water I add 1+ grams of Epsom and 1 to 2 ml of Cal/Magic.
5.8 pH
Drip clean for the win.

Silica as a pH up, if needed, in veg only.

This Calcium information is purely based on a Canna schedule, using Cal/Magic As I stated, once you hit around 700 ppm you no longer need Cal/Magic.

I use GH Cal/Magic and Epsom. When I use RO or rainwater (2-5 ppm) I add Cal/Magic and Epsom to bring my #'s close to 200 ppm, then begin adding the base nutes. I use Canna Coco's line of nutes but I back off of their A&B recommended rates, they are way high, IMHO. For example, in veg I will add only 200 to 300 ppm of A&B, in flower 400 ppm. Now that rate does not give me the Cal ratio needed. You need around 150 ppm of calcium alone.....so even if when I'm at 200 ppm if I only added 100 ppm of Cal/Magic, only 75 is calcium so I would still be short. I would need to add approx.140 ppm of Cal/Magic to reach my desired number.
I use full rates of Cannazym and Rhizotonic. I use Liquid KoolBloom instead of P/K and this grow I have begun using Green Tree instead of Boost.

Currently I am @ day 39 of flower (60 to 70 days anticipated), and am at 750 ppm, 1.5 EC - 0.4 starting EC, so 1.1 EC.

Barneys Farm LSD, Five plant horizontal, LST only
Picture taken on 3/1
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76250&pictureid=1829240&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Pics taken on 3/2
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76250&pictureid=1829244&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76250&pictureid=1829243&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

GR
Wow great post!

Can I just check on the PPM scale. 500 or 700

Thanks

CoCo_LoCo

1 EC hand watered daily

I used to run normal 6/9 but one of my strains was very sensitive to nitrogen. So i dropped it to like 4/9 and the issue resolved.

Also stop using micro all together in week 5 or 6 and then straight water for the last week to 10 days. This is with a 9 week flower period.

I dont think you can over water coco. It has a natural porosity that gives 25% air.

I have fed 5 times a day, 10% runoff , with 4/9 under a 400w HPS with great results.

The plants are not that bad, they actually look pretty good to me. Just a touch too much nitrogen.