What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Purple Haze off in my brain!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
What can I say except this stuff even after being left for an extended time still maintains the same essence and same high long long after it was grown. Still have about an O of this from that one plant. Its still the same.

About to twist one up to make sure!

Upon placing the unbroken bud up to my nose the classic smell just emanates an old world spice and sort of tropical plant smell which I still cannot figure out which plant I am getting. I have smelled it many times before maybe in Hawaii.

After breaking it up and de seeding it of f2's the smell just explodes and is apparent without getting so close.

Ready for take off.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I agree LostTribe,

me and friends have jars with Oldtimer's Haze curing for more than 2 years and still loving it :D

LostTribe

Premium user
3...2...1 Lift Off!

Oh the smell and the feeling of lifting off!

The whole essence of this aged cultivar is Supreme. Spacey Shit eating grin! Well aged too.

Want to ask Tang if Cobs keep better.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LostTribe,

Yes, Purple Haze and Oldtimer's Haze terpenes have very little in common with modern hybrid strains, there' no skunk, afghani or indica terpenes that are so common in 99% of the current modern commercial hybrids. Oldtimer's Haze aroma and taste are straight old school pure sativa aromas from the 70s.

I think the c99 x haze hybrid will be worth to try, i haven't tried the new C99 version but the old one (and Apollo 11 too) was great!
We used to grow a C99 x Oldtimer's Haze from wolfman more than 10 years ago and the hybrid was great, in my opinion the effect was better than haze x skunk.

Reading back you reminded me of some Old-timers Purple Haze Pollen I stashed should still be good. This Quick Haze influenced Cindy (not the fake bg) would really like to meet the POTH.

This is the Stuff man.
LT

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Lovely. Here’s the POTH x Thai harvested today.

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Beauty!

Did you make the cross? What kind of Thai?

My POTH was not very dense as it was clearly one of the longer flowering girls. Definitely visually smaller less dense flowers on mine.

Best,
LT

These are old limited edition Ace seeds. The Thai is Meao Thai which I believe comes from Kaiki and CBG. dubi mentioned he might revisit this cross in the future. Here’s the green OTH x Thai for comparison.

picture.php

Green went just around or slightly under 16 weeks. Purple closer to 18. That’s about what I expect from pure OTH although that can certainly run to 20+ with the longest legged phenos.

The Meao Thai definitely swells the whole thing up considerably from just the OTH. I have a single OTH vegging now. This is from an old run (Green pheno)

picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
Dubi how does the standard OTH you sent compare to the last Purple OTH release I've been smoking on? I cracked some more of the c99 cross but the pure OTH and my f2's are something I cant stop wondering about each time I smoke some of her.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi LostTribe,

Glad you are still enjoying with your Oldtimer's Haze flowers ;)

As stated in the strain description, Oldtimer's Haze release contain all possible phenos of the strain (green, purple, intermediate) Current latest Oldtimer's haze release contains seeds from many different females and males in order to preserve its maximum genetic diversity, only weak and bad plants were removed from the repro, the rest were open pollinated.

Green Haze and Purple Haze releases (Purple Haze release is no longer available for a long time) were bred towards specific green and purple expressions respectively.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi LostTribe,

Glad you are still enjoying with your Oldtimer's Haze flowers ;)

As stated in the strain description, Oldtimer's Haze release contain all possible phenos of the strain (green, purple, intermediate) Current latest Oldtimer's haze release contains seeds from many different females and males in order to preserve its maximum genetic diversity, only weak and bad plants were removed from the repro, the rest were open pollinated.

Green Haze and Purple Haze releases (Purple Haze release is no longer available for a long time) were bred towards specific green and purple expressions respectively.

I have partial packs of OTH from 2008 and 2010 as well a full pack from 2019. In addition...OTH Green Haze (compact & early), OTH Green Haze (tall & long), Purple Haze and a few labeled 3F x 6M. Not sure viability on the oldest ones. I dream of a big search some day.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Try to germinate first the 3F x 6M line considering it is the oldest and that specific lot cannot be replicated anymore.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Try to germinate first the 3F x 6M line considering it is the oldest and that specific lot cannot be replicated anymore.

Agree. That is also the one I have least faith in germinating. My notes tell me only 4 of those seeds are left, so perhaps I will try to germinate them all this winter as I am hoping to have a nice pure OTH in flower outdoors next season. Do you recall how that cross leans (green/purple) and any other distinct characteristics?

Thanks!

OZZ_

Veteran
Man I wish all the old threads around IC didn’t lose all the pictures.... just read through this thread, was a good read even without the pics! Lol

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Did you check here?
Agree. That is also the one I have least faith in germinating. My notes tell me only 4 of those seeds are left, so perhaps I will try to germinate them all this winter as I am hoping to have a nice pure OTH in flower outdoors next season. Do you recall how that cross leans (green/purple) and any other distinct characteristics?

Thanks!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing that old post Benoit :) Brings really nice memories from our very first selections with the Oldtimer's Haze, times flies!

Yes, the Purple Haze female #3 was as described in that post, although we selected later (and we still do for Purple Haze breeding) in favour of Purple Haze #23 which has the signature Haze incensey and effects.

The Green Haze male #6 was not the best yielding, but produced very interesting offspring regarding effects and terpenes, and was used in first Oldtimer's Haze reproductions. It's no longer alive.