What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Cvh

Supermod
Do not sleep on that Mango Thai, ya hear?

I got me 2 big bags before they all sold out. :yay:
The genetics are in the collection of several of the members here. That strain ain't going extinct any time soon.

p59teitel

Getting closer to the end. Two Balkhi, two Waziri and one Afghan Kush bagseed. They have survived three strong storms with winds in excess of 50 mph, fog, rain, heat, caterpillars, powdery mildew, bud rot, leafhoppers and everything else Mother Nature has thrown at them.

Here is Balkhi 1 - a quite trouble-free 4' plant, with only two very small areas of rot that were easily cut out. Nice citrus/medicinal smell, very aromatic. Cooler nights producing some purpling. Looking to get a few more nights in the 40s out of her to really top off the resin production:

picture.php

picture.php

p59teitel

Balkhi 3 - another 4' footer like her sister. Super resinous. This plant was afflicted with more rot than her sister and that affected portions of four different colas, but will still be bringing in over 90% of the flower she produced. She is closest to being done; the flowers pic shows resin building up and sugar leaves starting to wrinkle up like, well, labia - makes sense, given that she's a girl LOL.

Both Balkhi were selectively pollinated and seeds from them X Hawaiian Hashbud and two different male Balkhi are in the pipeline.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

p59teitel

On to Waziri 2, my problem child. Plant is the slowest to mature and has presented me with the necessity of inspecting her in detail every single day to stay on top of bud rot. Fortunately the rot is very slow developing, and so far I've only had to chop a couple of colas. Flowers smell like a Margarita where the bartender went overboard with the lime, and lately have been adding a sweet medicinal smell as well. FINALLY starting to resin up - I'd like to keep this girl going another ten days to two weeks, but we shall see -

picture.php

picture.php

p59teitel

Waziri 3 - the plant that interests me the most. Tallest plant at just over 6 feet. Open, uncongested architecture has made her really resilient to rot, which is very easy to spot. Smell is totally different from the other plants - garlic mixed with a little diesel, she is the one you can smell from thirty feet away. Bracts are large and resinous. Would like to get another week or so out of her.

picture.php

picture.php

p59teitel

And the last plant, from a seed I found in last year's Afghan Kush grow that I started and eventually potted just for shits and giggles. Last year's AK were feminized and I don't think anyone nearby was growing, so either the mother plant threw a male flower that I missed, or some pollen drifted in on the wind.

The other plants are all completely organic; this one was given Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro during veg, then Biocanna Flores during flower. I have to say the Biocanna Flores seems to have really cranked the resin amounts. Beautiful and colorful little plant that is very close to being done, given that the leaf tips are starting to die back. I did observe one seed on her that I am pretty sure came from the Hawaiian Hashbud male. She has been absolutely trouble-free, with zero rot and minimal powdery mildew. I think I will chop her on Monday -

picture.php

picture.php

T

TakenByTheSky

I got me 2 big bags before they all sold out. :yay:
The genetics are in the collection of several of the members here. That strain ain't going extinct any time soon.

I bought both their mango and highland thai. It will probably be a while until I get to them but they were too interesting to pass up. Also grabbed khalifas purple Laos and then was gifted about 20 more seeds.

aliceklar

I bought both their mango and highland thai. It will probably be a while until I get to them but they were too interesting to pass up. Also grabbed khalifas purple Laos and then was gifted about 20 more seeds.

Smoking the Highland Thai now :smoker: Highly recommended. I've been growing it indoors, which is a challenge, but the smoke is lovely - an uplifting clear buzz, really lucid. Enjoy!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Waziri 3 - the plant that interests me the most. Tallest plant at just over 6 feet. Open, uncongested architecture has made her really resilient to rot, which is very easy to spot. Smell is totally different from the other plants - garlic mixed with a little diesel, she is the one you can smell from thirty feet away. Bracts are large and resinous. Would like to get another week or so out of her.

View Image
View Image

:D it even looks like diesel. nice plant.

Sunshineinabag

View Image
View Image
That's a rockstar right there bro:groupwave

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^ If I grew outdoors that close to where I lived I would go to the last day possible. :)

A little plastic tent would allow you to go longer. :tiphat:

B

Benny106

Beautiful thin leaves...

They are only starting to flower, but all along and vegging the seed plants the stems have been so sticky..and the stem rubs, they are a delight.

I am really looking forward to seeing these bloom.

funkyhorse

Hi Bean
I hope you dont mind
I am having Congo in veg too along with Malawi Gold and Mango Thai 2019 batch and other stuff
I dont find the stems stickier than other strains, I never looked into it, thats why I ask. What is the science behind stem rubbing and what is supposed to inform this practice? I understand bud rubbing for charas but what is the purpose of stem rub?
What I do find in the 3 TRSC strains I have in veg is uniformity, I thought I was going to find more variability, specially with Malawi Gold.

I listened to Yesum and these are the first Mango Thais 2019 "accession" into flowering
I think this one will be a male
picture.php

And hopefully this one will be a female
picture.php

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
^^^ If I grew outdoors that close to where I lived I would go to the last day possible. :)

A little plastic tent would allow you to go longer. :tiphat:

Fleece cover is better than plastic.Little chance to get molds in the buds and plants stays 10 C warmer.

B

Benny106

Hi Bean
I hope you dont mind
I am having Congo in veg too along with Malawi Gold and Mango Thai 2019 batch and other stuff
I dont find the stems stickier than other strains, I never looked into it, thats why I ask. What is the science behind stem rubbing and what is supposed to inform this practice? I understand bud rubbing for charas but what is the purpose of stem rub?
What I do find in the 3 TRSC strains I have in veg is uniformity, I thought I was going to find more variability, specially with Malawi Gold.

I listened to Yesum and these are the first Mango Thais 2019 "accession" into flowering
I think this one will be a male
View Image

And hopefully this one will be a female
View Image

I just like to do it, the stems often give off a similar terp profile to the resin later on. I would never put all faith in selection on a stem rub, but it is nice to give an indicator. You just pinch or squeeze and man handle it while you smell the stem directly. At least thats what i do. The congolese actually smell like the description i cant wait, #3 smells different and fruity.:groupwave:

Latest posts

Latest posts