What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grand Doggy Purps - The Shakedown Run

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After running 4 different females, one phenotype far outshined the others. We called it the "grandma's purse candy" pheno. It's a medium tall plant that produces purple highlighted sparkly buds that have an incredible aroma and buzz. The smell is an intoxicating combination of sweet perfume, candy and dead cat.
I've never seen a roomfull of dudes roaming around intently snorting their fingers like this since I was in a bar in Mexico.

After the experimental run, here are the test parameters for the shakedown run:

35 days veg - from cutting to bloom
topped to two heads
65 days bloom
14 day bottom prune & trellis
my standard nutes

18 clones will be bloomed in an aeroflo 36 with a 1K horti on mover.

I intend to document the run from clips to clipping, showing what makes this special plant go for me.

Connoisseur Genetics has done an excellent job with this cross and I encourage everyone to give it a shot. I hope by the end of the run you won't need any more convincing.

So Let's get started!

Here is the mom plant:

Clipping Before Trim

Clipping After Trim

Cloner full of fresh clips

Thanx again to CG for putting this excellent cross out for the community.

-AK

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Ill be taggin along for the show...gonna be some fun. Do u have any pics of the mom plant in bloom or finished? Thnks.

Good vibez

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No finished pics for about 80 days :)

But really, this plant and galactic grape(carpe diem) convinced me to get out of bunker that I have been in since the CW/OG debacle, get a decent cam, and share some results with the community. I have a test run thread of GG over on Carpe Diem's forum as well.

These plants are the first new additions to make it to my harem in several years - getting a seat in rotation is tuff indeed.

Thanx for your interest and best of luck

-AK

the gnome

Veteran
welcome aerokrafter and good to see you back to posting again.
too bad no pics from the last harvest

I have 3 GDoggyPs from the fem'd seeds that just hit 12/12
hopefully i'll get lucky enough to get a "grandma's purse candy" pheno

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gnome-

I had two chunky cola and two branchy phenos. They were all nice, but the purse candy type was the total package. The cola phenos weren't as potent and one of the branchy ones had no smell. Makes sense since the branch phenos looked quite "chemmy". Ironic since GDP is kicking my Chem Dog to the archive table. It has the same killer punch with a greatly improved aroma and appearance, while maintaining a simular yeild.

They all started coloration around day 55. The cola types finished around 60, while the branchy ones needed 65 to fully develope deep burgundy highlights.

had one light sensitive one - the shortest one

no nanners at any point by anyone

had one pheno that wanted more K

reccs:

limit pruning on branchy phenos - doesn't make a bunch of undergrowth and lower budsites are productive.

run em long - best color and flavor comes late.

Best of Luck!
-AK

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
This is going to be sick. I got 5 little doggy purps seedlings...sadly..one was born without growing serrated leaves...not sure what I should do about it.

Tagged

TPM

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
After running 4 different females, one phenotype far outshined the others. We called it the "grandma's purse candy" pheno. It's a medium tall plant that produces purple highlighted sparkly buds that have an incredible aroma and buzz. The smell is an intoxicating combination of sweet perfume, candy and dead cat.
I've never seen a roomfull of dudes roaming around intently snorting their fingers like this since I was in a bar in Mexico.

cool i had the same thing happen with one of my doggies, minus the dead cat odor.

i'll have to have another sniff. but it definitely has you sniffing the fingers its such an amazing smell.... if u could bottle the smell you'd make some cashola

the gnome

Veteran
Gnome-

I had two chunky cola and two branchy phenos. They were all nice, but the purse candy type was the total package. The cola phenos weren't as potent and one of the branchy ones had no smell. Makes sense since the branch phenos looked quite "chemmy". Ironic since GDP is kicking my Chem Dog to the archive table. It has the same killer punch with a greatly improved aroma and appearance, while maintaining a simular yeild.

They all started coloration around day 55. The cola types finished around 60, while the branchy ones needed 65 to fully develope deep burgundy highlights.

had one light sensitive one - the shortest one

no nanners at any point by anyone

had one pheno that wanted more K

reccs:

limit pruning on branchy phenos - doesn't make a bunch of undergrowth and lower budsites are productive.

run em long - best color and flavor comes late.

Best of Luck!
-AK

thanks for the heads up aero, thats what I wanted to hear :)
I topped mine
but all of them looked to be very, very branchy
and the cuts were very vigorius,
I'm growing several strain and took cuts from all of them
and they sat in water for weeks and all 3 of my GDP cuts had really nice long roots going on
while most of the other strains had nada

Last edited:

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-PizzaMan

If you have time and space for it - let it grow.

But realisticly the odds are that its not going to work out well. We all love the story of the little engine that could, but the longer you are in the hobby, the more ruthlessly darwinistic you become.

I smoke test every individual in a test run, reguardless of runtitude. Sparking that mystery joint is the point at which the addiction to seed popping begins!

-AK

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Keeping this thread hot! I repped you AK! It's doubly exciting because I am actually germing the GDP out right now...eagerly awaiting updates!

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 20 veg Update

Today is top, prune and trim day. We will be topping and pruning to 2 heads, then trimming all extra fans. The clones will then get 15 days of veg before we prepare them to go to bloom. They also get a fresh res, and the pump and sprayheads are cleaned.

This looks like a very harsh prune, but stick with me, we are training these girls for greatness!

Here we go - Cloner before

Clone before top, prune and trim

Same clone after

Cloner after

Culled one clone with poor roots, so down to 23 to select from for the final 18 going to the show.

I realise there are not many aeroflo shows and the methods may seem strange to the uninitiated. If you want me to add information on this stuff lemme know(nutes, trix, etc). I don't want to bore folks with method detail, when they just want to see GDP results. Just want to know the balance you all are interested in seeing.

As always your questions and comments are welcome. Next update will be in two weeks - Bloom time!

-AK

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good bro

sounds like a good show il def be along for the ride
grandma's purse candy lol thats some funny shit

peace

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Thanks for the update AK! I typed out a long post at work on my phone...but it didnt go through for some reason. Can't wait to see some aeroflo in action! i better get a GPC pheno in the 5 I popped...lol

Rep to OJD!

TPM

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just finished my grow show of Galactic Grape over in the Carpe Diem forum if you want to see some aeroflo action. I intend to add a little more detail in this thread(than that thread has) as we go through the next few months.

Here's some tease shots from that thread:

Can't wait to get to this stage with GDP!

-AK

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that looks fire
very frosty

carpe diem is puting out some good stuff for sure

peace

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
glad to see another doggy grower doing it right!

I've notice out of my 3 doggies, one cloned like a dream, with very vigourous clones,

the other two not as much... after a month 3/6 of the cuts havent rooted, but are still alive

luckily the good one smells like a dream and i do have rooted cuts of the other two phenos.... i'll tagging along :)

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a slower one, took an extra week to root. You can see from the 20 day old clip pic that qwick cloners are in the gene mix. I have a keeper that takes 3 weeks to root - that is about as far as I can go in my setup.

I didn't get any slow veggers, but from research, others have encountered this on a few individuals.

Best of Luck
-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I went to update this page and found that I can't upload any more pix till I get more posts.

In any event they went to bloom today. I'll post a proper update as soon as possible.

Any questions I can answer?

gotta work on the post count ;)

-AK

the gnome

Veteran
I had a slower one, took an extra week to root. You can see from the 20 day old clip pic that qwick cloners are in the gene mix. I have a keeper that takes 3 weeks to root

Best of Luck
-AK

I have 3 GDogPs in 12/12 now, I took cuts from each and they sat in water/cups for a while, 2 had long roots in about 10 days and the other had nada. and the roots were 4-5" long with lots of side branching.
the ones that do root easy are some of the fastest ive seen