What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shoot meristem chlorosis. Complete med grow failure. (pics) Invisible aphids?

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Broad Mites? Ay Caramba!!! Something else for me to obsess about?!?!? Never even heard about those til today and now you guys done skeeved me out!!

I looked and looked and looked at roots of affected plants under the radio shack scope and couldn't find anything. .

It's very very possible that you're problems are not pest related but just to be sure were on the same page...the Broad Mites would be in the newest growth....not the roots.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Holmes Slice, have you thought about getting your media tested? This will tell you alot more about what could be causing the problem rather than trying X, Y, and Z solution hoping one works.

Ive had the same symptoms as you've had, and Ive been doing lots of media testing and fertilizer testing to help isolate the problem. I still haven't completely figured things out, but Im able to flower plants with a few hiccups at the beginning.

Should you get your media tested, Id love to hear about the results. Maybe some extra info will help clear this issue up that quite a few of us have experienced.

Should you get your media tested, Id love to hear about the results. Maybe some extra info will help clear this issue up that quite a few of us have experienced.
Who are you using for testing? I had thought of using the local crop extension at the State University but hesitated a bit because of what I am up to. Not sure how off it looks bringing potting soil for testing in January but maybe I am being paranoid.

Broad Mites would be in the newest growth....not the roots.
Got it, let's hope I never have to find out!!! Looked at some new growth and leaves and can't see anything.

Also, figured I'd provide an update. Things are looking up!!! It's been so long si nce my plants have been healthy I almost forgot how plants are supposed to grow vegetatively....oh and I finally figured out how to post pics...good karma all around.

Pics ars showing some P def, but I 've kinda been keeping them hungry and thirsty. The bud pic is about two weeks from finish and by far, not the best bud I've even grown but it's a real sight for sore eyes.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Who are you using for testing? I had thought of using the local crop extension at the State University but hesitated a bit because of what I am up to. Not sure how off it looks bringing potting soil for testing in January but maybe I am being paranoid.

Got it, let's hope I never have to find out!!! Looked at some new growth and leaves and can't see anything.

Also, figured I'd provide an update. Things are looking up!!! It's been so long si nce my plants have been healthy I almost forgot how plants are supposed to grow vegetatively....oh and I finally figured out how to post pics...good karma all around.

Pics ars showing some P def, but I 've kinda been keeping them hungry and thirsty. The bud pic is about two weeks from finish and by far, not the best bud I've even grown but it's a real sight for sore eyes.

ScottsMiracleGro, and Fafard are two possible places for you to test your media. I wouldn't get paranoid about getting your media tested at a Uni. You should be able to mail it in without any suspicion if you go with a Uni. I doubt you're the only guy that has an indoor garden whether it be legal or not.

You have Broad Mites, When you used azamax, it controlled for a while, but they reproduce quick.

These are microscopic mites...

check it out:

http://weedtracker.com/cannabis/top...rus-like-symptoms-you-might-have-broad-mites/

This is really great info, thanks for sending. My plants definitely 'looked' like that but I dissected and studied another 'affected' plant, including all the new growth and could not find anything.

My Azamax treatment was a soil treatment, I never treated the leaves...AFAIK Azamax is not a systemic treatment. I used Imid as a systemic treatment and the plants appeared unaffected either way.

I can only hope that by discarding the plants was a good strategy. If I do have them, they are also invisible--and don't seem to be spreading plant to plant. Not sure how I would have gotten them, I never introduce new genetics at all. If things go all to hell again I am going to have to really consider this---Thanks again for all the info, very useful stuff!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hey Dr. Roots. Thanks for that link. I decided to check Greenhouse grower and found this podcast on Broad Mites. I checked my ladies after watching it, and I definitely have broad mites :(.

After watching the video Im gonna pick up an alternative to Judo which is Forbid. It uses the same active ingredient, and it also affects whiteflies, which I have noticed in my garden as well. Dirty rotten scoundrels.

Man o man, what a difference a few weeks makes. I'll make this my last update to this thread with a few gratuitous pics. Was able to successfully harvest and ounce last month and will be back on track with my yield soon.

This really looked like a coupla things: CalMag, root aphids, broad mites, lockout, and even the dreaded 'V' word.

I am now convinced it was a bad soil batch that I mixed up combined with dirty pots that had crusted over weep holes as well as a LOT of crud buildup. The pots were cleaned, new soil remixed and I learned how to bubble clone to give my girls the best leg up they could have with quick starts.

By the time I turned the corner, the disaster of December seemed like a distant memory.

I am so glad I didn't scrap my grow; I really like the T44 genetics. As a happy aside, I ordered some new beans back in December just in case I had to reboot. Got two to pop and both are females: Blue Mystic and Master Kush...so now I have some new genes to play with.

For all who gave me advise and popped in to help save my ass--THANK YOU!

Here are some pics of how well things are going...enjoy!:wave:

Flower Chamber

Clone/Veg

Da whole damn cab

TLoft13

1broadmite_new.jpg

Time to call the Marines....

Bubbamaniac

you have broad mites welcome to the club, I'm 1000% sure those pics are tell telae for sure you won't find anything in the roots.......

Rollajay

Over where I'm at. Ran into the same problem. Pulled a plant out and roots seem to be fine. Not really showing any calcium deficiencies or heat stress or mag lock out, nitrogen abundancy for sure, applied a foliar of potassium silicate and fed it through the drip line hoping it would help. Could possible be the fluctuation of ph between the water and the soil. Some people think its transmitted by thrips here and others don't know what to believe. Also went into our clones. Field ran off river water. Greenhouse ran off by city water.