What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pump and reservoir size for DIY 2x4 flood table?

Any thoughts on reservoir size and corresponding pump for my 2x4 Ebb and Flow tray? The res will be in the room w/ plants and it needs to be no taller than 19 inches or so. I am leaning towards the Rubbermaid roughneck tubs as a resv. btw. thanks for your input people.....BD

didulichkhi

I'm interested in hearing some feedback on this as well. I'm using a 27gal Roughneck for my 2x4 table. It maxes out at about 25 gallons. I should have four or five plants in 6 inch hugo cubes. I'm afraid it won't be enough to let it go unattended for a week when I've got leave when my plants are two weeks or so into flower. I'm constrained for space so I can't really fit a larger reservoir. I might have to get a float valve so it stays filled.

I run a 2x4' E&F table. I have a 25 gallon rez. Really, really full it holds 30 gallons.

With 2 400W lights over the table, i need to add back about 5 gallons every 2 days or so.

If I travel, I put a rubber maid roughneck next to the rez. I fill both the rez and the roughneck. Then I put a siphon tube between the containers so the table pumps from both. I can leave it for ten days .

hippydan

If you want to use the rubbermaid, you MUST light-proof it. Paint won't work, when it dries it'll just crack and peel off. Get some reflective blanket or something. Personally I'd use a different tub (something that is solid plastic and not soft rubbermaid stuff). I had algae growing in my rubbermaid roughneck, it stinks and isn't fun to deal with. A 30$ pond pump (~140gph) from your local hardware store will probably be sufficient for this one table. Good luck.

R

Rab.C

i have a 3ft x 3ft ebb & flow tray.and i have a 90ltr res for it and it works well.