What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Norman gets in the act

Im'One

Ok a year ago there was no sign of anything in Norman. I couldnt even find a Dr to get my card. I live south of norman and its my main shopping area. Suddenly someone noticed that their is market and there are new dispensaries everywhere you look.

Its a little late my friends! I have plenty of :dance013:my homegrown shit now????

TrickEE

Stores are popping up everywhere...some are total shit bags trying to charge outrageous prices for shitty quality green... Homegrown is where it's at.

Im'One

What are the rules? How much can you grow?

A medical card costs 250. My doctor prescribed for insomnia and irritable bowel. She prefers for you to bring documents from your medical history. My card says I can have three ounces on my person, six mature plants, six seedling plants, one ounce of concentrate, seventy two ounces of edible marijuana, eight ounces of marijuana in my residence.

Ruxing

Ok a year ago there was no sign of anything in Norman. I couldnt even find a Dr to get my card. I live south of norman and its my main shopping area. Suddenly someone noticed that their is market and there are new dispensaries everywhere you look.

Its a little late my friends! I have plenty of :dance013:my homegrown shit now????

This is from Chip Baker that owns Cultivate off of meridian

“Here's some stat's about Oklahoma's medical cannabis industry to give you a refresher:

Currently there are over 4,800 licensed growers, over 1,100 processors and over 2,800 dispensaries in the whole state.

There are also only a little more than 200,000 registered medical cannabis patients in Oklahoma.

Now here's where it gets choppy.

There's just about double the amount of growers as there are dispensaries to supply. And for every 71 patients, there's a dispensary.

Do you see where this going?

A dispensary wants more than 71 customers to successfully run a business, and there is going to be a massive supply of cannabis with nowhere near enough dispensaries or processors to buy it all from the growers.

If this is starting to sound like a familiar story, you're not far off...Oregon had a very similar problem, and still does.

I had a good long conversation with my buddy Jeff from Little Hill Cultivators in Trinity County, California over these past weeks about the state of Oklahoma and California. Both states have their problems, but they are vastly different problems.

Listen to our conversation here if you want to hear more about the future of Oklahoma and California's cannabis industries, and what it all means for growers and cannabis entrepreneurs like you and me.

Let me know your thoughts.

Talk later,

Chip Baker”

The market has to even its self out at some point... by then everyone will be growing their own! Hahaha

Im'One

This is from Chip Baker that owns Cultivate off of meridian

“Here's some stat's about Oklahoma's medical cannabis industry to give you a refresher:

Currently there are over 4,800 licensed growers, over 1,100 processors and over 2,800 dispensaries in the whole state.

There are also only a little more than 200,000 registered medical cannabis patients in Oklahoma.

Now here's where it gets choppy.

There's just about double the amount of growers as there are dispensaries to supply. And for every 71 patients, there's a dispensary.

Do you see where this going?

A dispensary wants more than 71 customers to successfully run a business, and there is going to be a massive supply of cannabis with nowhere near enough dispensaries or processors to buy it all from the growers.

If this is starting to sound like a familiar story, you're not far off...Oregon had a very similar problem, and still does.

I had a good long conversation with my buddy Jeff from Little Hill Cultivators in Trinity County, California over these past weeks about the state of Oklahoma and California. Both states have their problems, but they are vastly different problems.

Listen to our conversation here if you want to hear more about the future of Oklahoma and California's cannabis industries, and what it all means for growers and cannabis entrepreneurs like you and me.

Let me know your thoughts.

Talk later,

Chip Baker”

The market has to even its self out at some point... by then everyone will be growing their own! Hahaha

Norman is hilarious, suppose to be the most liberal town in Oklahoma but for 6 months I couldn't find a Dr except one with a history of dispensing narcotics and who never answered hismphone! I went to EDMOND to see a Dr for my card. Imagine that...Edmond. now there are suddenly dispensary on every corner and new ones opening daily it seems. Friends are quitting their jobs, to get into growing Now?

Latest posts

Latest posts