What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recommended dehumidifiers?

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I'm looking for a dehumidifier that is top quality, $1000 or less. I already know about the Santa Fe and know its the shit, just wondering if there's something better or comparable for less money.

do all you guys recommending the santa fe own one or are just recommending it because other people are recommend it?

D

DEDHEDFRED

Hey Mr. C..

Hey Mr. C..

Mikecar.....Pico`s used Santa Fe Dehueys for awhile and I trust his feedback and judgement...........I`ve used 65 pint Amcors for several yrs. that do the job well ....But......Mine cost a lot less up front and cost me a lot more in the long run on utilities for total wattage used through the life of the grow due to the inefficiency of the unit and yes Mr. C...Santa Fe will be in my budget also as my Amcors bite the dust Bro.......Peace......DHF......... :joint: .......

Last edited:

p1ninja

I am currently using two LG dehumidifiers, a 45 pint and a 65 pinnt to maintain the humidity in my flower room. If I switched out these two for the Santa Fe classic would I see a power savings??

Thanks,
:joint:

D

dongle69

I am currently using two LG dehumidifiers, a 45 pint and a 65 pinnt to maintain the humidity in my flower room. If I switched out these two for the Santa Fe classic would I see a power savings??
The Santa Fe Classic uses about the same power as your 65 pint alone, and would probably remove more moisture than both of your units combined, while adding less heat.

p1ninja

^ cool thanks man

Just ordered one off ebay for $1099 shipped, by far the best price I found.

Stoked, hopefully I can shave some money off that power bill!:woohoo:

noone88

Sante Fe Classic is a great dehumidifer. However, I had to buy a humidity controller (CAP Air-1). The humidity control (and accuracy) that is built-in the Santa Fe is.. lacking.

Note, you have to drain-to-waste with the Santa Fe. It has no bucket with an auto-shutoff like consumer models (LG unit etc).

Igignokt

would this dehumidifier be overkill for a 4x4 1000watt tent? What's the best, smallest dehumidifier I can put in my tent

LlamaSchool

Do you guys really think it's necessary to spend $1000 to get a decent dehumidifier? I set up a Craigslist special in a 3K watt flower room recently and had no complaints. What am I missing?

mikeross

Do you guys really think it's necessary to spend $1000 to get a decent dehumidifier? I set up a Craigslist special in a 3K watt flower room recently and had no complaints. What am I missing?

I am willing to bet the OP is running a little more than 3k. Plus 3-4 of your "craigslist" dehumidifiers = 1 santa fe as far as electrical consumption goes. My friend has 3 Kenmore hueys and switch to 1 santa fe. Not only does it use less electricy it has to work a lot less to keep his RH at optomal levels compared to his 3 Kenmore 65pints.

You get what you pay for and the sante fe is top dog right now. I have yet to hear one bad thing about it.

mikeross

would this dehumidifier be overkill for a 4x4 1000watt tent? What's the best, smallest dehumidifier I can put in my tent

Its way overkill especially if you never plan to go much bigger. I would stick with a Kenmore 70 pint... Even that might be overkill as well.

LlamaSchool

Thanks, Mike. That's really helpful to know that I could be more efficient with power consumption. I draw 4.5 amps cycling on about 50% of the time. Had no idea the better DH's consumed less.

Latest posts

Latest posts