What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do we have a lot of preppers in this cannabis community?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Backpack full of clear plastic, sprouting seeds, water filter and a few accesories will get a family a long ways disguised as a trash heap if they have any growing experience.

St. Phatty

/

I've read on a prepper forum that many get their antibiotics at pet stores, as fish use the same kind as humans. Others say certain Bodegas sell them over the counter for undocumented immigrants with no medical insurance. I'm sure you would have to know someone though,.

MedsMex.com sells antibiotics.

I have dealt with them about 10 times. Generally they were reliable 2005 to 2015.

They stopped taking American Express and now I would have to pay by e-check. Which means giving them routing & account number.

That makes me nervous.

Useful tool #13,289 - a secondary bank account which is used for online transactions with people you don't know entirely.

Then you can gas it up with only the amount of cash for the transaction.

igrowone

Veteran
seems there should be a categories for prepping long or short
short being local disaster and eventually the world gets back to normal
and the end of nation(s) situation, where survival doesn't seem too plausible, but anything is possible i guess

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You can prep all you want - but if that 5 mile wide asteroid hits us - we are toast.

Maybe you can prep for a small nuclear war - on the other side of the planet?

I guess that it depends on what you are prepping for.

Green Squall

You can prep all you want - but if that 5 mile wide asteroid hits us - we are toast.

What scares me is the failure of the electrical grid, whether it be caused by man or nature. Modern society would grind to a halt. The average grocery store in the US only has a 3 day supply of food. Shelves would be cleared in a matter of hours..It only goes down hill from there.

Water barrels fed by gutters from my metal roof. Straining, filtering and chemicals for treatment. Lots of storage for it. Process the best for drinking/hygiene. The dregs can be used to flush the toilets...into the septic system.

When the water shuts down out here, most of my stupid neighbors can't flush the toilet one time, much less for a week.

St. Phatty

What scares me is the failure of the electrical grid, whether it be caused by man or nature. Modern society would grind to a halt. The average grocery store in the US only has a 3 day supply of food. Shelves would be cleared in a matter of hours..It only goes down hill from there.

One of the most prepared preppers, kind of overdosed on prepping.

I really admire Mike Ruppert. He used to talk about LA being 12 million people in the middle of the desert with a 3 day supply of food.

How would that work out if the trucks stopped bringing food to Walmart ?

For a while you'd have cops ringing Beverly Hills, to keep the looters out.

Eventually the cops would have to go take care of their own families.

I think it's interesting how Stacking Silver became part of the prepping community.

But I would say that physical silver is more of an investment - for people who are informed on the subject.

It's something you can trade for Gold.

I'm not sure how useful stacks of Silver will be when the trucks stop bringing the food to Walmart.

Coleman propane canisters & a burner. Coleman white gas stove & gallons of fuel.

I did a lot of camping and backpacking, made sure it all works.

troutman

Seed Whore

I'm not worried we have a plan Houston.

armageddon.jpg

Stories are already coming out about Florida panhandle residents who have no preps and are desperate and angry that help hasn't immediately showed up.

T

Teddybrae

I'm not worried we have a plan Houston.

View Image

That's funny (not) Troutman! Have you seen the NASA cartoon that starts on the left with a picture of an ape and goes on until eventually the last picture is of a spaceman ... and the dialogue says this is evolution? In the Land of Oz we would say those Nasa fellows are totally up themselves!

They will not save us!

T

Teddybrae

When we lived in the suburbs with a new house with a mortgage I used to stand out front of the house on my new lawn and look down the street. Little boxes. And I would feel afraid knowing that at any time the System could leave me and my young family without water or electricity or fuel.

So we moved out of town where I 've spent a long time and a lot of energy supplying my own water (rain tanks and a well) and electricity (stand alone solar).

The thing is tho' that I can't produce enough fuel for the vehicles so if Armageddon comes we're stuck.

And to eat we would have to have a gun and shoot Wallabies. This might be alright for a while, but ...

An old friend of ours lived thru the Depression out here in the wilds and he said: eventually we didn't have any money to buy cartridges to shoot our food with!

Any ending will be tough, I think.

troutman

Seed Whore
Personally, I think NASA is a scam and that more money was spent in making underground bunkers for the elites.

Once the lizards show up there will be no time to run. :peek:

featured-8-625x352.jpg

Gry

My grandparents referred to it as having a well stocked pantry.
Recall feeling like my parents may have been a little obsessive
about putting things away for a rainy day.
Live by myself and have more put away than they did for an entire family.
At least I do know where I got it from.

St. Phatty

My grandparents referred to it as having a well stocked pantry.

Wierd how people make fun of that now.

I learned a lot watching the animals this summer. When there's no rain for 5 months, and the creek runs dry at the beginning of the summer.

Our creek is at the Southwest corner of a 100 square mile patch of forest - with no lakes and the occasional spring.

The mountain lion showed up at my place in June and September. The deer it didn't eat fled somewhere. All the fences I put up to protect baby fruit trees from deer - basically didn't need them.

Of course, that and the perpetual smoke affect people too.

What prepper forums does anybody like ?

https://shtfplan.com

has a decent comments section, and the subjects are interesting.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I keep stored dry food, drinking water, some first aid gear, have a motor home with a solar panel, full of propane and water, some gasoline. I have an above ground pool with usable water. I have a generator large enough to run the well if necessary. I am good for a month or two without help. Just recently the Cranston fire burned the power poles so it was a couple weeks without full power, gave me a little test in the middle of growing season. I keep a nice stash of rosin, I live in earthquake country so I figure if we have a good one I can survive, and shake and bake...

Latest posts

Latest posts