What's new

Love this CMH

Bloom SA

Howdy folks
So, this is my latest grow. The plant is green smoke room seed's candy cream. She is half way into flower as of today. Seems to be doing rather nicely under this light which is a hydro crunch 315w 3100k CMH(couldnt get much info on it but IMO the spectral chart on the box looked better than the philips) This is a tiny 2'x2' box. Soil is made by Freedom Farms. It seemed weak so have been adding bionitro and biophos from jamiesgardenshop.co.za.

The only thing im concerned about is temperature. The probe which is el cheapo plastic shell reads as high as 36 celcius some days but Im convinced its the plastic reacting to the light. I have a second more "solid" type probe tucked under the canopy which reads max 32 celcius. Ph is constantly adjusted to 6.3 with each watering so doubt any issues in that regard.

Have attached some photos so you guys can look. I just thought i would pick your folks wisdom and see if u can spot any potential issues, u know, just in case lol.

What do you guys think so far?

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 19

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
WOW.. a hydro crunch bulb- i bought '2' off of ebay last winter, and asked on diff threads if anyone has experience with em/are they any good - no real replies, but one reply said they are 'junk', so after 1 grow with em, i just purchased '2' philip bulbs... now i see your comment on the chart they look better then the phillips.. since we grow in a small 4x3.5ft tent so real way to experiment which grows better - since i bought em, we'll try the phillips this go-around -

Bloom SA

Same here, no real info on light quality only on build quality. Obviously the philips will fuck it up any day. What I am referring to is light quality or spectrum. If the chart is accurate, I think el cheapo hydro crunch will fuck the philips up in spectral output. I really like its balance of blues and reds. From what I saw on the philips 3100k, the blue seems a tad high. AND WE ALL HATE LEAFY BUD lol