What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vermont Thread

yardgrazer

I imagine you saw the thing about some guy crashing his car into a med dispensary (can't remember where, I want to say Montpelier or the area) in a smash and grab or what-have-you? It was within the last month.

yardgrazer

Not this one, found it again to confirm, it was Montpelier (and the guy was suspected of another burglary at the same dispensary).

yardgrazer

No doubt, because of federal laws that keep 'em from using traditional banks dispensaries are likely seen as easily-hit piggybanks. Ignores that they likely have video security, but thieves aren't always the brightest bulbs.

radioman

Shown on WCAX Channel 3 News this week - There have been problems with thieves at Vermont Hemp Farms targeting Hemp Plants. One farm had between 300 - 400 plants stolen. Another had 150 Hemp Plants drying in a shed stolen... One news report on Channel 3 stated that Farms in 5 towns have been hit. They interviewed one Farmer along with a police officer. There have been some people caught in the act and arrested... The Farmer showed CBD Hemp products and stated he can't use the recovered stolen Hemp (for quality control reasons)...

radioman

On the "Heady Vermont" Youtube channel - They have a video taken from one of the Hemp Farmer's problem with thieves coming into the Hemp fields... They also have a video of huge Hemp field growing in Vermont. The Hemp is being grown for CBD products and is supposedly very low in THC...

yardgrazer

The CBD oil has to have a negligible amount of THC to be sold legally... so I'm sure they cut to the chase with high CBD/low THC strains. Sucks they have to burn the material that's recovered. S'pose it's understandable that thieves would make the mistake.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Gypsy thought it was about time for Vermont to have her own forum section, so here we are. moved this thread into the newly created Vermont section just to get things started.

oldchuck

Veteran
Hey, this is great. We don't usually get much attention. But...

I remember. I think it was 1991 0r 92. I was selling organic rice and a local hippie farmer took me out into his corn field. He showed me a dozen or so weed plants growing between the rows. They were not impressive plants but they did have flowers. My mind was completely blown. I never imagined weed would grow in our diffiecult climate.

ion

excellent, i am here, i am vermont. ill try to behave. thanks gypsy, you have the best fucking source for cannabis information and community in the world, bar-nunya. this is your creation and it's been with me since '10.

now that rookie peeps have harvested their 1st round indoor and are harvesting outdoor legally here in vt, the look of understanding ive been witnessing is priceless........the understanding that it's real easy to grow reefer and it's not so easy to grow good reefer......good times.

Sunshineinabag

Lived in Vermont my entire life, my family are written about in a local library for pushing the ENGLISH army out of Vermont!
Look at us now! Less greed more weed!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
got some family buried in vermont. we left there after french and indian war. still holding it down in the northeast tho

Sunshineinabag

So happy to hear this! I have a family member I just read about who had a hand is seeing Roger of Rogers rangers killed or apprehended ....something like that! Ya know ......I adore this state, I clean up after hipsters and new arrivals on a weekly basis.......I just wish when they moved here they would embrace the mindset that kept this place pristine and clean in the first place. It's a figurative slap in my face to see my hometown treated like a trash receptacle..........although nothing prepared me for the NEWER nude beach (south end) at willoughby MY FCKN LAWD!

ion

nice, sunshine.....drove by that lake many time but never dipped in. and im afraid the hipsters will keep coming. once vt gets more online with the Legal they'll swarm in droves. vt has some kind of gaurdian-bubble-aura around it that keeps out most of the insanity that passes itself off as American modern culture, but business/progress/capitalism is our reigning paradigm and i dont think it'll stay away much longer here. i say we blow all bridges on the Conn, patrol the Champ, and deploy all natty gaurd to the southern ny/ma border. lock her down, republic of vermont!!

just kidding. mostly.

Sunshineinabag

Hey we were once a rebublic and we're doing quite well......just saying! I'd personally like to set up camp at the notch or top of the hump!

Hey we were once a rebublic and we're doing quite well......just saying! I'd personally like to set up camp at the notch or top of the hump!

Nice! The Notch & The Hump I was just shreddin at Stowe the day before I left for Spannabis I'm from mass but VT is like my 2nd home spent 8 winters & a summer there glad to see the thread

Latest posts

Latest posts