What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LEDS in Europe

Koondense

Veteran
They look good, I would only change the thermal pad for some good thermal paste.
Otherwise a nice simple and effective product.
Problem is I spent around 170€ for my 100W veg cobs(3000K+6400K), saved 120€ over this and I have active cooling(which is better imo).

I believe you'll like your lights a lot, happy growing!

Jim Stoner

Thanks! They have assured me that the thermal pads fit perfectly for the CXB3590, as long as they are not running above 1400mA. I can't complain so far. :)

You can always get it cheaper, but I am not a pro in electronics and to get it prepacked pretty much sold me.

Have a nice one

Jim Stoner

Should work okay, but not the newest COBs, old 3070s and its active cooled and they are freaking expensive. For 679 you can get yourself the newst LED-Growlight hitting the market soon. Passive cooled, dimmable, with CXB3590 COB, and it looks so amazing.

Sadly I just bought my DIY-KITs from pro-emit. Maybe i'll sell them on ebay and get myself a sunflowbundle. Man those lights look sick and the appcontrol is so cool.

Here the link

Yeah.. I guess I am a little fanboy.. ;)

majorana

For whomever this may be of help: ordering from DigiKey to Europe couldn't be any faster - package arrived from the States 2 days (!) after order was placed - and for orders over €50 they supposedly don't charge extra for shipping.

Then when the package arrived I had to pay the UPS guy another €16 as "C.O.D." (not customs!). Rather annoying considering that's 30% of the total price.

majorana

For whomever this may be of help: ordering from DigiKey to Europe couldn't be any faster - package arrived from the States 2 days (!) after order was placed - and for orders over €50 they supposedly don't charge extra for shipping.

Then when the package arrived I had to pay the UPS guy another €16 as "C.O.D." (not customs!). Rather annoying considering that's 30% of the total price.

Quoting myself just to say that DHL charged me the same €16 for another package (+ more on customs). I guess that's some local flat-rate tariff? Or something to do with expedited shipping? Whatever, I'm just less ticked off about UPS/DK now.

mostarda

How about a citizen clu048 1212 c4 3500k to pair with a vero 29 gen 7 3500k?
Both of them powered by two single 60-1400ma drivers?
Is it a good thinking?
These are what i found in my search.

Jim Stoner

Just wanted to let you know. I finished my second run with 1.2g/w again. It doubled the amount i had with my 600W - i could only get on 0.6g/w with my favorite strain (no high yielder strain). So i gained almost 50% more weed with 1/3 less power. Man I am happy that I bought this awesome LED.

600W with my fav strain = 350-370grams
400W pro-emit LED = 480-500grams

Attachments

• pro-emit_400W_LED_start.jpg
    pro-emit_400W_LED_start.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 17
  • pro-emit_400W_LED_end.jpg
    pro-emit_400W_LED_end.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 14

kushedy

The pro-emit look nice but they are outrageously expensive. I'm pretty sure Kingbrite now do a one cob, heatsink & driver pre-built for about half what pro-emit are asking.

Bottom line is that due to regulations & tax, Europe & particularly the UK end up having to pay significantly more for everything.

Unfortunately the cheapest way for people in this neck of the woods to get on the LED band wagon is still to import from China. That followed up by importing from America.

Jim Stoner

I am happy to pay more if I can get the stuff from a reliable source in the EU. I am sure I have the best quality possible, besides the LEDs and driver. The pro-emit builds are very solid and durable. Powder coated parts and everything fits perfect. I'm not looking for the cheapest, I am always looking for the best. But that's just my opinion.

pegasus

Finally i made my decision and now have 2 todogrowled TGL-220 bars with cxb3590 chips. Quality lights with not much to complain. Only thing I was not happy was loud fans cause they were running at full speed. Made a mod with simple potentiometer resistor and now they are dead silent.

isoprop

They look good, I would only change the thermal pad for some good thermal paste.
Otherwise a nice simple and effective product.
Problem is I spent around 170€ for my 100W veg cobs(3000K+6400K), saved 120€ over this and I have active cooling(which is better imo).

I believe you'll like your lights a lot, happy growing!
Hi Koondense i was reading this thread because i am interested in buying a DIY kit from pro-emit too and was wondering where did you bought the kit/parts for that 100w at that price? Sounds very interesting, i need too a 100w for my veg room (60x60x160cm)