What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$200 DIY Greenhouse

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
there's a little chill in the air today. it rained last night, over an inch. i have 150-160 gallons of rainwater collected now... it's warm and humid in the greenhouse. the tomato's are loving it ;)

yesterdays photos:
a different view (need to re-route the solar cord) -
picture.php

mounting complete. i was little worried about leaks as it rained 12 hours after i mounted and sealed the bolts. no leaks inside the shed :) :dance:

picture.php

todays photos:

here is my water pressure in the GH, with 150-160 gallons of rainwater.

picture.php

condensation on one tomato plant

picture.php

a closer look

picture.php

GrowBox420

NICE SH!T... I really like the step by step process for the stoned and confused.
Since you can't grow in of the sexy girl Mary Jane you should try out some techniques on the tomato plant. Since they are structurally similar, I f^ck with grampa's tomatoes all the time. When you think youll get some buds in the house?

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks growbox,

i hope to get something up an running within the year... in the meantime, it's tomato's, peppers, etc...

cloning my cantaloupe plant at the moment.

stay tuned :D

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks

no tracking.

the panel was $189 plus shipping. does not have the standard 25 year warranty either, i think this one is 10 or 15 yrs.

the fan runs direct off the panel. per the guy on ebay selling them, thats the way to run them. they will draw whatever power you feed to it. would drain batteries in no time. you can actually hear it wind up in the bright sun and then back down when a cloud passes over.

with that said, it's working great... fan kicks on when the sun is high enough and off when it's setting. mornings have been a little cool lately, but it's nice in the greenhouse in the mornings ;)

GP73LPC

Veteran
still alive but not rooted yet.

i am kinda surprised since google told me it cloned easily by burying the stem...

got my fingers crossed...

GP73LPC

Veteran
got a second clone of the cantaloupe now... one of the two should take...

got a cherry tomato clone that just showed roots. not sure where this one is going yet...

and here's the latest with the current greenhouse life. :)

picture.php

supermanlives

Veteran
wow that panel was cheap. how many watts? i paid alot more for mine when i had a greenhouse. i got an charge controller too and hooked up a battery bank. looking good man

GP73LPC

Veteran
update...

we've had 2 nights so far get to freezing or close to freezing, thus the saw horses and painters drop cloth .... i use those to keep em warm for now...

picture.php

tomato's starting to ripen ;)

picture.php

and :woohoo: a little broccoli spear (head) started !!!

picture.php

Beautiful! cracking thread, You've made me want to build one! but winters coming on here so I'll have to wait till spring. Cant wait to see it in full swing.

Endur

Veteran
What up GP73LPC,
Nice set up you have.
Now we need to see some Dank growing in it. :wave:

Tomatoes/Broccoli are looking fresh.

Peace
Endur