What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pest identification please. Micro photo included.

Brimstonefire

Last two weeks of flowering.

Four plants, four strains.

Atomic, Pak Valley Kush, Purple OG #18, White Widow.

All affected, flowers dying from lowers working up.

Thought it was a mold, but my new microscope reveals a pest.

Have been spraying Dr. Zymes on medium strength daily.

Will take suggestions, but nothing too harsh.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
can you snap some pics of the leaves/flowers and the damage they're doing?

definitely the larval stage of something..... 2 weeks from harvest i'd just blow them off physically with keyboard cleaner. But pics of the damage to the plant will tell more of the story.

Also can you tell us about the grow? are you in soil? where did you get the soil? etc...

Brimstonefire

Green Cleaner this morning, I had two sample bottles. The microscope was for Christmas. More for looking at my teas, but this was not what I was thinking at all. Knowledge. Thanks for the links, you nailed it with Russet Mites. Insidious. Creeping death. And so friggin' small.

Clean. Bomb. Raise the temp to hatch, and repeat. With no host plant, I can tackle these creeps. Cheers.

mk6

thay look a lot like Thip larva but regardless your so close to harvest fk...

Jhhnn

Veteran
Green Cleaner this morning, I had two sample bottles. The microscope was for Christmas. More for looking at my teas, but this was not what I was thinking at all. Knowledge. Thanks for the links, you nailed it with Russet Mites. Insidious. Creeping death. And so friggin' small.

Clean. Bomb. Raise the temp to hatch, and repeat. With no host plant, I can tackle these creeps. Cheers.

Grown from clones, I suppose?

Def looks like hemp russet mites-

https://www.marijuanatimes.org/the-eleventh-plague-hemp-russet-mites/

bug id

bug id

anyone know what these are?

Attachments

• Photo on 1-12-18 at 11.54 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 1-12-18 at 11.54 AM #2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 14

Brimstonefire

These were fem seeds, not clones. I believe the russet mites may have come from an outdoor strain (that switched really early, mid-July and ended early September) that I wanted to keep the genetics, so it was kept in the same space as the my grow. That mother was then put outside again last summer with the same amazing result, but now sick. It spread to everything and got worse with each harvest. I think the outdoor plant may have gotten them from tomatoes, they were both planted in the garden and I have heard they are similar. Either way, learned a big lesson. Sprayed them with warm water at hanging, all four turned out nice. Not at their potential, but a nice variety.

Those in the picture are springtails. Antennae give it away.

Yea but I literally just putting a thrips under a microscope aand that's what they look like and I've put a springtail under a microscope, it's been awhile, and they have alonger antenna and a spring on their tail

buzzmobile

Veteran
Yea but I literally just putting a thrips under a microscope aand that's what they look like and I've put a springtail under a microscope, it's been awhile, and they have alonger antenna and a spring on their tail

I should have said the "structure of the antennae give it away". All but one specie of springtails have only 4 segments on each antenna; the exception has 3 segments. Thrips have from 6 to 9 segments per antenna.

Look closely at the photo and you can see the end of the v-shaped furcula at the base of the abdomen. The furcula is the structure that launches the springtail into the air. It folds under the abdomen and locks onto a structure called a collophore.