What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How long can Pollen survive?

Irael

Hey guys, on my last Grow my plants went fully hermie..there are little underdeveloped seeds everywhere in the Bud. Now the Plants from a Friend hermied as well in the 4th week of flower.
We usually never ever had any Hermies or Males in the Growroom.

So i wanted to hear your opinions on how long pollen can survive. Could it be possible that some of the Pollen of my dry Bud infected his Plants by touching them after rolling a joint?

And how long does Pollen actually live in the Growbox after harvesting the hermied Plants?
I am not quite sure if i should only clean my box with a light bleach solution or also the full Room where the box stands in. The Plants were also cutted and dried in that room so there should be pollen everywhere.

Greetz

mushroombrew

Veteran
Several weeks for sure. Maybe longer.

Clean everything. Fans, carbon scrubber filters etc.

You may get stray seeds for a couple cycles. But if you get more than a few the pollen is coming from elsewhere.

Male in the neighborhood or hemp pollen?

RockinRobot

Wouldn't worry so much about the pollen but, if you had 2 runs hermie on you then you either have bad genetics or some type of stress such as a light leak causing them.