What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grotek, Because nobody talks about them ? Experiences?

XacTiu

Hi, I 'm from Spain and I 'm trying to find some good nutrients , always listen to Grotek are very good , great performance , concentrated somewhat expensive but without prices AN ... I'm in my second culture with them and the first went well although summer temperatures helped not got a good harvest. Now I try to find information about them on this forum and I find almost nothing. Because so little of them speak ? You have experience with the full range ?

I am growing in coconut , I have a " megapack " that add Pro - Silicate and Cal -Max and Encimes + Advanced Hydroponics of Holland .

I hope your answer thanks to decantarme for these products or find some more money profitable

Genes

No qualms with grotek! I highly recommend you try it if it is available. Skip the heavy bud, the bud fuel is interesting if you are concerned with chitosan products. Monster bloom powder is great and also a popular choice on the budget.

Infact, the solotek grow is a secret of mine for simple lush seedlings. Simple, easy, potent. Start around 0.5-1ml/L and increase as needed. Have not tried their bloom.

The rep I have spoken to is very honest, willing to answer our questions - and has told me they are held to regulatory/labeling and other standards and seem to be way more upfront than most it seems, as they are quite a large company behind the scenes and compliance is often checked with them as they can't hide.

They register their products and almost everything is made in Canada if I am not mistaken. The vitamax and prosilicate are wonderful and top sellers, great for your B1 and Si if you feel you must have it in your line up. Kick start seems okay if you like that. Calmax is nice, a little more N than calimagic or the like. Black pearl - I like it in crappy soil. Avoid in Coco.

Genes

XacTiu

I'm using the full table:
Solotek Grow and Bloom.
Vitamax Plus.
Vegetative Growth Booster.
Bloom Fuel.
Blossoom Blaster.
Heavy Bloom.
Monster Bloom.

Although I seem somewhat expensive, I wonder if I will get a lot worse results with "Lucas Formula" or if some grotek añadiriais the lucas formula.

Phases

Got some samples of vitamax plus, bud fuel and heavy bud
I use calmax as my calmag supplement should the need arise -
I am going to test out the vitamax - bud fuel and heavy bud on one of my tables (using GH base 6/9) and compare to other table just running 6/9.
I be just started using this stuff so to early to tell but I like that it has extra organics in it.
Anyone else use any of these products?
It does really seem like there's not a lot of info on this stuff - I was actually thinking about starting a thread on grotek products but ya beat me to the punch!

XacTiu

Last harvest got 0.82gr performance / w .
Coconut cultivation .
You think that would get more performance with Advanced Nutrients ?

S

sourpuss

I'd say grotek is really good. No signs of def. Grown in a cheap supermarket soil. Used miracle grow from seed to end of veg and tap unph d. Still have not grabbed a ppm meter since i dont seem to need it. Short veg balcony plants shown. Ha e a few more containers. Just needed some homegrown goodness. Half a day of sun.

Seems to resist pests. I do see mites on a couple plants leaves. Does not seem to spread quick. Could be genetic or plant health.

Strain is abnormal northern hindu f2.

Found grotek to give really nice terpene expression! More so than the maxibloom i used on the originals.

Ive used advanced maxi and a bunch of others and find grotek to be one of the best .

no idea how much it costs. Got a free flower sample pack at a tradeshow from one of their nice reps. Thought id return the favour. :tiphat:

Attachments

• 20171010_073020.jpg
    20171010_073020.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171010_073034.jpg
    20171010_073034.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20171010_073055.jpg
    20171010_073055.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 20
S

sourpuss

Gotta add that in flower using grotek i did ph the water to 6. Dont wanna lead anyone down the wrong path..

catalyte

Veteran
Grotek is decent stuff especially for the price here in Canada. I have grown very high quality buds with Grotek nutrients many, many years ago when i was starting out. :yes: