What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

Holy shit - I'm seeing roots in 4-5 days on the cuts that were 14-16 days (using roottech) since I started working with em! The root hairs seem more fine than with the roottech, but th plants don't seem to mind!

fuck yeah, rapid rooters have gotten expensive by me so 2.50 for a 36 pack of jiffys and 5 bucks for the rooting powder, most clubs charge more than 10 for a single clone. thanks Krunch!

Krunch (and others who have been using IBA) - have you noticed that the roots your cuttings pop are skimpier (though far more in number!) than with rooting gels, etc? Friends have suggested I supplement the IBA with light doses of B-1 and Humic Acid - any feedback?

T

thesloppy

Krunch (and others who have been using IBA) - have you noticed that the roots your cuttings pop are skimpier (though far more in number!) than with rooting gels, etc? Friends have suggested I supplement the IBA with light doses of B-1 and Humic Acid - any feedback?

I've been using this same stuff for months, with a light dose of Floralicious Bloom (humic) and Superthrive (B1), but I don't have anywhere near the results reported in this thread. I've done batches with just straight water, floralicious/superthrive, and with a heavier dose of the rooting hormone dissolved in the water. I get 90-95% survival rates, but it still takes me 2-3 weeks to get a good set of roots. My experience has been that I get better survival rates with the humic/b1, and the clones come out in better shape, but the roots haven't been remarkably different to my eyes. I dunno how you guys are getting 4-5 day roots. Let's just say I'm skeptical, and I've grown 100s of clones with the stuff over the past year. It's good, and most importantly, it's cheap, but it's the same .1% IBA that's in just about every other rooting cheap compound, it's not made out of angels or anything.

cchem

been doing clones for sooo many years, used to do em for clubs, then i started filling everyone warehouses...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=3359&pictureid=88786View Image
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=3359&pictureid=55425View Image

used MANY different powders, gels and whatever to root clones...

have had many aero cloners.....

then i found out about a $5 rooting powder from Home Depot called Rooting Hormone....

it has a PGR in it called indole-3-butyric acid. that is used in some rooting gels and dips, that ARE NOT allowed to be sold in grow stores...

i get roots in 4-5 days and when i mean roots, not 1 or two coming out of the cube, i mean 8-12 roots shooting out!! its really a thing to see! its impressive!!!

several people have told me since i started using it, that my clones are the best they have EVER got from anyone....

if your turned off by PGR's for rooting, im sorry, but dont preach it here please...

may you have better root success and happy harvests!!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33637&pictureid=857463View Image

Hey there krunchbubble I'm the guy that exposed PGRs in flowering products. One thing I have to say is there is absolutely nothing wrong with using IBA in rooting gels and as I understand it there are many cloning gels registered legally that contain IBA.

I've been using this same stuff for months, with a light dose of Floralicious Bloom (humic) and Superthrive (B1), but I don't have anywhere near the results reported in this thread. I've done batches with just straight water, floralicious/superthrive, and with a heavier dose of the rooting hormone dissolved in the water. I get 90-95% survival rates, but it still takes me 2-3 weeks to get a good set of roots. My experience has been that I get better survival rates with the humic/b1, and the clones come out in better shape, but the roots haven't been remarkably different to my eyes. I dunno how you guys are getting 4-5 day roots. Let's just say I'm skeptical, and I've grown 100s of clones with the stuff over the past year. It's good, and most importantly, it's cheap, but it's the same .1% IBA that's in just about every other rooting cheap compound, it's not made out of angels or anything.

Thanks for the feedback! I just used this stuff on a 2nd round of clones and will try a superthrive (b1+???) and Roots excelurator solution (mostly because it's what i have lying around) and i'll see if i get any difference.

As for the claims about the IBA powder, In my case, I can definitely say that I have roots popping out of root riot cubes in 7days for all 20 clones I've used the stuff for. Interestingly, they're out the sides in a lot of cases rather than the bottom, but rootlets are rootlets!

Awesome...clicked on this expecting to see some expensive stuff only available at Cali grow shops and instead found what I've been using sucessfully (in coco) for awhile. I get roots in 1-2 weeks depending on the strain.

usda101

I have been cultivating for a few years now , When i started i had no problems clonining . I think the more i learned i think i started complicating things loosing trays of clones . Researched a few threads an took a little something from each .. I increase chlorine levels by adding a few drops of bleach an to prevent root rot an algae , 6 mil of Hydrozen per gallon , Use for foliar an water in bottom of tray . Soak my rooters in it an i used clonex this past run . 100% success rate roots in 5 days . Now i make sure conditions are the same for every tray excessive light was also one of my problems .

Skimming threads came upon this so just add my two cents.

Here is my bottle. Looks like they changed the label.

Here are the roots.

PPp :tiphat:

it sure is nice stopping by the hardware store instead of the hydro store

jiffy #7 pucks and green light powder = roots in 7-10 days for me

my ez-cloner is sitting in the shed collecting dust

thanks krunch

WelderDan

Veteran
I've been using the Shultz Take-Root with Perlite as the rooting medium for a while now. 100% so far, no dome, no misting. I make the cut below a node with scissors, scarify the stem on opposite sides, make a nice clean cut with a razor, dip in tap water, then the powder and into pre moistened Perlite. 7-10 days and into the pots they go.

T

thesloppy

That has the SAME EXACT ingredients as the Green Light rooting, and at 10th of the price!!!

Rootburst does use the .8% concentration, as opposed to the .1% concentration in the Green Light stuff. It is a lot more powerful, for whatever that's worth. That said, very few cannabis plants need .8% strength IBA to root.

HaHaHa, So you don't know about "Dip and grow"...LOL...It is the most powerfull rooting hormone available....LOL...just cracks me up people don't know about this. It's kinna hard to find sometimes. Some nurserys have it and more grow shops are learning about it. I have known about it for twenty years. Find "Dip and grow" LOL just cracks me up people still don't know about this stuff. All the very best...!

(do directions exactly, exactly,)....:eek:).............................

Last edited:
Dip-n-grow

Dip-n-grow

HaHaHa, So you don't know about "Dip and grow"...LOL...It is the most powerfull rooting hormone available....LOL...just cracks me up people don't know about this. It's kinna hard to find sometimes. Some nurserys have it and more grow shops are learning about it. I have known about it for twenty years. Find "Dip and grow" LOL just cracks me up people still don't know about this stuff. All the very best...!

(do directions exactly, exactly,)....:eek:).............................

Actually I believe the package says "Dip-n-grow"..hahahahaha do yourself a huge favor and find this stuff...99-100% No-svit...!

T

thesloppy

Dip 'n Grow is 1.0% IBA and .5 % NAA, which is another auxin. 1.0% IBA is indeed very powerful (that's 10 times the concentration of the Green Light stuff, for reference), and the addition of NAA probably doesn't hurt.

If you really wanted to, you could make your own dip 'n grow (or any higher concentration) by dissolving Green Light in alcohol (IBA isn't water soluble) and then adding SUPERthrive, which is .09% B1 and .48% NAA (I just pull this stuff straight off the labels, by the way). Some/too much math required. IBA occurs naturally, while NAA is a synthetic hormone, if that matters to anybody. Both are supposedly hazardous to your health and the environment, so be careful when handling, clean up and don't inhale the stuff, especially the higher concentration stuff.

All that said, if you're getting 95%-100% rates out of the .1% concentration stuff (as almost all of us are & should be), there's really is no reason to pay more for a higher concentration, to get the same results. The .8% and 1% solutions are intended for the most woody trees and shit like bamboo, you really should never need anything that strong for a MJ plant. If you've got a particular strain that won't clone, under known conditions, while everything else around it roots, that's only when you should look into the higher concentrations IMO, even though your first thought may be "if .1% is good, than 1% is better!". These are toxic acids after all. Sometimes more is not always better.

beerad102

i tried dipping the tips of my clones into Azos (fungus) from extreme gardening upon hearing some people had good results with it. the clones looked so good after 2 days that i removed the dome; and they are thriving since (2 days later). i am going to cut a few more clones from a couple other strains and see if i have the same great results. i usually keep the dome on for a week but these clones didn't lool as if they needed it. they all look as fresh as when i cut them 4 days ago.