What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass. Law Requires Pot To Be Tested But No Labs Licensed Yet

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Due to Federal prohibitions over sea and air, on Nantucket the state is apparently going to allow a dispensary to test it's own products.
Supposedly they have agreed to do testing for others.
Sounds kinda sketchy allowing a dispensary to test its own products and those of it's competitors.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Due to Federal prohibitions over sea and air, on Nantucket the state is apparently going to allow a dispensary to test it's own products.
Supposedly they have agreed to do testing for others.
Sounds kinda sketchy allowing a dispensary to test its own products and those of it's competitors.
That would be like Budweiser doing the ABV tests for all the other brewers :laughing:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The dispensary price is $350 for medical at Tripple M right now.

I guess the Rec price will be similar.

yardgrazer

Per ounce? That's roughly what I've been paying on the black market, and I reckoned legal would be more expensive, so I'd be okay with that (is that with all the taxes?)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Per ounce? That's roughly what I've been paying on the black market, and I reckoned legal would be more expensive, so I'd be okay with that (is that with all the taxes?)

It is $175 per half ounce. I never bought but think they add tax on at the sale. I can't believe people pay that much. Check out weed maps or one of those for area prices.

yardgrazer

Huh, interesting, thanks for the Weedmaps tip... looks like prices are likely to vary widely - one place was $175 per half but $300 an ounce, but then another had an ounce of Tangie for over 400, and I've gotten that recently for 340. On the other hand my connection these days schedule doesn't jibe with mine, so it's always a bit of a chore to find a good time. Depending on quality it might be worth it to me to pay a bit more for the convenience of business hours.

I'm also reckoning the prices may start off high and come down over time.

yardgrazer

Hey, both labs were finally given the green light to start operations... after a 3 day waiting period.

So, maybe retail will open in the next 10 days? Presuming some dispensaries are given the go ahead sometime next week? And then the 3 day waiting period? No longer holding my breath.

Latest posts

Latest posts