What's new

Looking for a green apple tasting strain

kro-magnon

Veteran
HI all, fro all the different strains I've grown I once got a Sour-Jack female(not Karma version, Alien growshop freebee) smelling and tasting like green apple, it was a lovely tasty smoke. I've never been able to find a female smelling like this again and I'd like to know if some of you have already have this kind of tasting buds, what strains should i try to find this kind of terpene profile?

there goes edro

Veteran
The taste comes from the Sour Apple IBL Alien Genetics used. I'm looking for the same thing and went with Candy Apple Kush from Exotic Genetix. The Sour IBL is the mother in that cross. I'll probably pop some for next round. If I remember I'll revisit this thread and post up my findings. Good luck in your search!

kro-magnon

Veteran
The Sour-Jack I've grown was not from Alien genetics but Alien growshop, they are selling seeds online and give freebees they were doing with every order. The cross was Sour Turbo(Motarebel) and Jack Herrer,it was almost 10 years ago and I've never find something similar tastewise.
But I'll look the strains you have mentionned, thanks for reply.

Bob Green

X18, and Ciskei are both said to have the sour apple thing going on. Might make a decent landrace cross too. Seems like they would complement each other well.

JetLife175

Veteran
Like bob mentioned, X18 has the apple phenos. I had a couple myself years back. Great breeding material.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have seen X18 but seeds fro Tom Hill are not easy to find and the DNA version seems very different in the sell department. Is it so rare to find this sour apple smell in cannabis? How many growers have already found this smell and taste in their flowers?

Koondense

Veteran
I believe I heard some time ago about a Satori apple pheno, not sure tho.
Ciskei also comes to mind.
I had some fresh green apple smelling Nemesis by Seedsman but no apple taste present in the smoke.

Cheers

Easy7

Veteran
I grew dna version of x18 and had no sour apple. Honestly some terps just sound kinda gross and are branding marketing nitches. Odd that I think that cause I like poo smelling buds. Suppose it's an interest for the fierce than the girly appeal. If I were to look for every terp, the basement would be all mother plants. Now rotten apple hard cidre would appeal to me.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mandala#1

I agree I grew mandala#1 and found a strong smelling/tasting pheno out of 5 seeds that I grew out suppose to be pretty common pheno good potency and high yield too check out Mandala seeds description.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts